Happy Belated Birthday to Kirk Douglas (102 years)

atomheartbevo

18 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I was about to post some smartass comment about him dying years ago but I’ll be damned. 100 and fucking 2. Rock on Spartacus 

Yep.  Olivia de Havilland turned 102 back in July.   

It was real early 80s and our library used to have Saturday afternoon movies for kids, complete with noisy film projector and multiple reels, and they showed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.   That same week, I caught Vikings on a UHF channel.   Instantly, Kirk Douglas entered my top 5 badasses, with Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Tom Selleck, and Burt Reynolds.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Worst movie poster art ever? Or best?

To the OP, at 102,  better not make the greeting too belated.

And Michael has had a health scare often caused by eating too much poon, so he may only make it to 101.

That poster came before TVs were widespread, and back when movie trailers were shit (and they were called trailers because they were shown after the feature film).   They’d show a couple of scenes, have a narrarator, and that was about it.

So the movie poster really had to sell it, which does make you scratch your head about that one above.  

The “not suitable for children” probably sold it better than the artwork. 

As for Michael, that’s a legit way to die. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I saw Michael Douglas doing the late night talk show circuit a couple weeks ago promoting his new show. He talked about his dad's upcoming birthday. I was surprised to hear he was still alive. Michael said he's still pretty sharp. Kudos to the old man. 

Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!

maybe his mind is still sharp, but man, they need to stop wheeling him out to speak at award shows.  he shouldn't be remembered that way.