Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The reality is the same.  We send money and military hardware to third world dictators because it effects our geopolitical ends.

Oh, but you found a rawstory piece that Trump said something stupid out loud. That makes all the difference I guess. 

Geezuz Christ. American first, right?

I agree with you that America isn’t some saint. But we should be doing things in our own interest. Do you agree with that principle or not? 

Trump does things that constantly undermine American interests and benefit the Israelis, Russians, and Saudis. Do you dispute that?

Is Trump the president of Israel, Russia, or Saudi Arabia? 

Stop being an obtuse asshole. Trump is a cancer on this Country and I think even you will admit that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Geezuz Christ. American first, right?

I agree with you that America isn’t some saint. But we should be doing things in our own interest.

It is not in the interest of American principles to be arming dictators and absolute monarchs with F16s and cluster munitions and an open purse. Unfortunately, #bothsides seem to disagree with that take. 

Edited by Anastasis

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It is not in the interest of American principles to be arming dictators and absolute monarchs with F16s and cluster munitions and an open purse. Unfortunately, #bothsides seem to disagree with that take. 

I agree with you but your original post that started this shitshow was in a ridiculous “but Obama” defense of trump. 

Do you think what about “but Obama” advances the ball of your purported goal? Or maybe you should just focus on the shithole currently in charge, which last time I checked was named Trump. 

Or is Obama currently controlling things from his beach house in ______. 

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I agree with you but your original post that started this shitshow was in a ridiculous “but Obama” defense of trump. 

I would suggest that the #bothsides sidebar originated with another poster, which is what I was responding to. I am just pointing out that indeed our relationship with dictators, where is really matters, i.e. giving them military implements and straight cash homey, doesn't really provide much traction for differentiation between sides.   

I would suggest that the #bothsides sidebar originated with another poster, which is what I was responding to. I am just pointing out that indeed our relationship with dictators, where is really matters, i.e. giving them military implements and straight cash homey, doesn't really provide much traction for differentiation between sides.   

America cozied up to dictators in WW2. Stalin. That maters not. We had to to win the war.

Trump cozies up to dictators because he is a narcissistic piece of shit who care nothing about this country and only about himself. Doesn’t benefit the country at all. Harms it directly. 

But you keep indirectly, not explicit of course, defending him, thus undermining our country.

Why? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

And stop quoting a partial of what I said to you when it leads to you misleading what I had said. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

America cozied up to dictators in WW2. Stalin. That maters not. We had to to win the war.

Trump cozies up to dictators because he is a narcissistic piece of shit who care nothing about this country and only about himself. Doesn’t benefit the country at all. Harms it directly. 

But you keep indirectly, not explicit of course, defending him, thus undermining our country.

Why? 

He a troll. Not the modern, garden variety of troll that just throws stupid shit at the wall. He's an old school troll. That means he's a sly operative, dropping contrarian "gotchas" carefully designed to induce replies that squirm around uncomfortably within the distorted reality rearranged by each of his preposterous equivocations.

I've come to respect his work. It's like a blast from the past; a relic from the message boards of old. Not a lot of trolls left like him. He does it for the love of the game.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, ndawg said:

He a troll. Not the modern, garden variety of troll that just throws stupid shit at the wall. He's an old school troll. That means he's a sly operative, dropping contrarian "gotchas" carefully designed to induce replies that squirm around uncomfortably within the distorted reality rearranged by each of his preposterous equivocations.

I've come to respect his work. It's like a blast from the past; a relic from the message boards of old. Not a lot of trolls left like him. He does it for the love of the game.

I agree he is good, at whatever he is trying to do. 

47 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You failed to admit or deny that Trump is working on behalf of the Israelis, Russians, and Saudi Arabia government. I’m not gonna let you go until you admit or deny that. Troll. 

57 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

We infuse arms into the Middle East powder keg, specifically Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. We do this, and many human rights violations and atrocities result, because it serves American hegemonic interests. This is acceptable because years ago we allied with Soviet Russia to defeat the Nazis. And did you hear the stupid shit trump said?

But I am the one trolling.

You confuse defense of the stupid shit trump says with me pointing to the reality that what trump says doesn't really matter.  What we actually do matters. And what we do, at least wrt Egypt, is pretty clear. But pointing that out is bothsiderism. 

Edited by Anastasis

40 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You failed to admit or deny that Trump is working on behalf of the Israelis, Russians, and Saudi Arabia government. I’m not gonna let you go until you admit or deny that. Troll. 

Wait a minute?  American foreign policy favoring Israel and SA? Courting Russia? I am fucking shocked. Who would think.

AP_899319015681.jpg?f=16x9&w=1200&$p$f$w

5cc16a1b240000d30b51c224.jpeg?ops=scalef

300_bush-saudi.jpg

_1659048_bushputin300.jpg

art.clintonlavrov1.gi.jpg

I don't think that I even need to dredge pictures wrt Israel. 

58 minutes ago, ndawg said:

You need me on this wall.  Deep down, you really want me on this wall. Nobody wants to really exist in an echo chamber. 

49 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

We infuse arms into the Middle East powder keg, specifically Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. We do this, and many human rights violations and atrocities result, because it serves American hegemonic interests. This is acceptable because years ago we allied with Soviet Russia to defeat the Nazis. And did you hear the stupid shit trump said?

You confuse defense of the stupid shit trump says with me pointing to the reality that what trump says doesn't really matter.  What we actually do matters. And what we do, at least wrt Egypt, is pretty clear. But pointing that out is bothsiderism. 

God damn you are such a beating.

Here I am agreeing with you on what you are claiming to talking about, completely disagreeing with you on the subject at hand, namely trump, and you singularly focus on the the thing we are not all talking about, and completely ignore the trump aspect of it.

Deflection is the name of the troll game. If you have a losing argument, simply deflect. You do that constantly. And every single poster here should call you out on out until you either stop doing it, or go the way of Chrispy troll. 

54 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Both sides eh? 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Here I am agreeing with you on what you are claiming to talking about, completely disagreeing with you on the subject at hand, namely trump, and you singularly focus on the the thing we are not all talking about, and completely ignore the trump aspect of it.

Trump is a narcissistic buffoon. He has no filter between his psychopathology and his expression. Do you really need another voice among the posters on this board to reassure you of this. How fucking insecure are you?

Trump embraces dictators with stupid words. LOUD NOISES!

We embrace dictators with arms transfers and open purse strings spanning every administration in recent history. CRICKETS!

But the #bothsides!  

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Trump is a narcissistic buffoon. He has no filter between his psychopathology and his expression. Do you really need another voice among the posters on this board to reassure you of this. How fucking insecure are you?

We embrace dictators with arms transfers and open purse strings spanning every administration in recent history. CRICKETS!

But the #bothsides!  

Well ok then. Again I agree with you. But the narcissist in chief is currently the one doing that, and should be our focus, as well as yours. Railing against Obama, Bush 2, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, etc. is pointless. 

Guys like you, who claim to be smart, and may actually be so, should be expending your time and energy into removing this baboon from the Oval Office. Politics be damned.

Are you?

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Sure it does, if your world view isn't simplistic binary bullshit.

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

But the #bothsides!  

But it's not crickets. That's disingenuous. Any administration that coddles dictators in the name of national security receives well-deserved criticism.

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Well ok then. Again I agree with you. But the narcissist in chief is currently the one doing that, and should be our focus, as well as yours. Railing against Obama, Bush 2, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, etc. is pointless. 

I am not railing against any individual. I am railing against an overarching foreign policy and the implications of such that span multiple decades, longer than you or I have been alive. This isn't Trump, this is the fucking system man. 

Tell you what Jimmy.  Bump this post in 4 years when we are deep into the next Democratic administration. And then use as many words as you can muster without drooling on your keyboard to tell me how our foreign policy is appreciably different. 

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

But it's not crickets. That's disingenuous. Any administration that coddles dictators in the name of national security receives well-deserved criticism.

And yet I wonder where all the loud vocal voices were from 2008-2016 when we were transferring cluster munitions that ended up on the heads of brown people.  

Just now, Anastasis said:

And yet I wonder where all the loud vocal voices were from 2008-2016 when we were transferring cluster munitions that ended up on the heads of brown people.  

You know exactly where they were. You consumed the media. Everyone who follows American foreign policy knew about it. The administration was widely criticized for it.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You know exactly where they were. You consumed the media. Everyone who follows American foreign policy knew about it. The administration was widely criticized for it.

Once again. Words do not matter. That was the point of the article I linked earlier. The rhetoric doesn't match the actions. Reality matters. Rhetoric is for the circus. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Once again. Words do not matter. That was the point of the article I linked earlier. The rhetoric doesn't match the actions. Reality matters. Rhetoric is for the circus. 

Reality does matter. That's why we arm dictators and bomb people if it promotes the national interests of the United States of America while allowing us to project power and dominate planet earth. 

We're still on top.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Reality does matter. That's why we arm dictators and bomb people if it promotes the national interests of the United States of America while allowing us to project power in an effort to dominate planet earth. 

We're still on top.

See, I have no problem when people are willing to actually articulate what the real American Principles are. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

See, I have no problem when people are willing to actually articulate what the real American Principles are. 

This is a nation that built its wealth on the backs of enslaved Africans and exploited labor.

No one should be surprised that the real American Principles do not align with the mythology of American Exceptionalism.

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Come on.  You’re better than this.  Since the former is true, you can pretty much justify anything.  That where you wanna take this?  WTF

I am not justifying anything. I am pointing out that it seems a bit ludicrous to hang up on a narcissist dropping a verse about his favorite dictator while we literally send hundreds of millions of dollars of arms to that dictator without batting an eye.  

Edited by Anastasis

I am not justifying anything. I am pointing out that it seems a bit ludicrous to hang up on a narcissist dropping a verse about his favorite dictator while we literally send hundreds of millions of dollars of arms to that dictator without batting an eye.  

The first rule of fight club is . . .

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This is a nation that built its wealth on the backs of enslaved Africans and exploited labor.

No one should be surprised that the real American Principles do not align with the mythology of American Exceptionalism.

This is the kind of truth I can appreciate. 

We are going to dump arms into the middle east powder keg because, hey, at least its not slavery and indian genocide, our real roots. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is the kind of truth I can appreciate. 

We are going to dump arms into the middle east powder keg because, hey, at least its not slavery and indian genocide, our real roots. 

We dump arms into the middle east powder keg because it helps us maintain our status as sole super power.

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yes.  But again, if you preface the former, no matter what the latter is, it will get a pass.  Stop that shit.