Running / Triathlon Thread

UrbanAchiever

53 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Congrats!! I was on the pace team for the marathon. The runners in our group fell off around mile 18-19 when you make the turn east to head back downtown. We probably lost 90 percent of the pack, so kudos to you for hanging on until Memorial Park. The heat definitely got to people; it was a great early morning but got warm quickly.

What pace team were you a part of?

On 1/15/2023 at 8:46 PM, pearlandhorn said:

Congrats on the PR! I also set a marathon PR. First completion’s count as PRs right?

Felt great up until mile 21 then started getting cramps in my right quad. When I stretched it, my hamstring would cramp. Crossed the finish line with my wife. It was tough. Weather was great this morning (mid to low 50s) but heated up to mid 70s by the time we crossed the finish line. 

Good job!

I ran a full marathon 22 years ago and vividly remembering telling myself at mile 21 that I would never do this again.

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Good job!

I ran a full marathon 22 years ago and vividly remembering telling myself at mile 21 that I would never do this again.

This is what I told my wife at mile 22.  We then signed up for it again last night.  I want to improve.

• Hook 'Em 3

Ran 9 yesterday and then ran 11 today in 28 degree weather and it wasn’t that bad. I will ride Peloton tomorrow for 2 hours and then maybe run3 miles if it isn’t raining. I am starting to have doubts about doing the full Ironman in September but I think when it warms up in March and I can get on the bike outside that will change. I’ve been doing 90 minute spin classes at 5am on Tuesdays and Thursdays and it’s just getting annoying waking up at 4 am. One thing that will help for the 70.3 in May is there is a group of 6 of us doing it and 4 are young dudes who are good runners and help push me. We meet at 6:15 am Monday Wednesday and Friday and run. Sometimes pace is sub 7 sometimes pace is 8. It will be fun training with them on the bike and starting together on race day. I look forward to watching them bonk on the run.