NFC Divisional Round - Cowboys @ Rams

DanTheHorn

Fuck you, Vic.  Herb - fucking - Scott.  

Interesting that for a stretch in the 70s, both would alternate PO wins at the others Home, Dallas won at Home in 73 and then won in LA -75,  LA @ Dallas - 76,  Dallas @LA -78,  LA @ Dallas - 79.  The Vikings upset LA in ‘77 or they would’ve played again that season. 

FTR, BJD had the first down in that 76 loss.  

God damned, these fucking guys have me all jacked up again. I thought we'd lose to Seattle in typical fashion, but now I'm all in and think we can beat LA and even NO. Fucking hell, just getting set up again for disappointment. Don't let me down boys!  This team is different, because of defense, please be true!

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

God damned, these fucking guys have me all jacked up again. I thought we'd lose to Seattle in typical fashion, but now I'm all in and think we can beat LA and even NO. Fucking hell, just getting set up again for disappointment. Don't let me down boys!  This team is different, because of defense, please be true!

At this point, if they go out there and have an absolute battle but lose 34-31, I'd be hurt but not angry/upset.  Just go out there and lay it all on the line and put themselves in a position to win the game.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Then the Steelers destroyed them to be team of the decade instead of Dallas. 

Same year as the mike renfro catch in the afc championship, right?  Could have been Dallas vs Houston. 

Well, LA did have the lead going into the 4th quarter.

Per Bayless, over the last six games, Goff has 6 TDs and 6 picks. His QBR is 25th over that span. He didn't give passing states on Dak over the last six, but said his QBR was 4th best in the league.

I think this game comes down to TOP and defense. Feels like the Cowboys are due for a big win.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

At this point, if they go out there and have an absolute battle but lose 34-31, I'd be hurt but not angry/upset.  Just go out there and lay it all on the line and put themselves in a position to win the game.  

We've been in position to win playoff games in the recent past and it never pans out. It fills me with rage that the fucking Giants and Eagles have found ways to keep winning all the way to winning the fucking Super Bowl, with mediocre teams. We need to win something or it's just another good year with one playoff win.

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

We've been in position to win playoff games in the recent past and it never pans out. It fills me with rage that the fucking Giants and Eagles have found ways to keep winning all the way to winning the fucking Super Bowl, with mediocre teams. We need to win something or it's just another good year with one playoff win.

Huh? The Eagles went 13-3 behind a Top 5 YPG and PPG defense last year. They were also Top 5 in rushing yards/game and Scoring offense. I can't think of the last time we had a defense as good as we do right now, and that is evidenced by our playoff win. We're in the Elite 8, about where we should be by playing to our potential. I don't think we're statistically good enough to make it to the Super Bowl, but I've also seen our defense play to its 100% potential and beat the Saints, so I know that it can be down (however unlikely).

14 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Huh? The Eagles went 13-3 behind a Top 5 YPG and PPG defense last year. They were also Top 5 in rushing yards/game and Scoring offense. I can't think of the last time we had a defense as good as we do right now, and that is evidenced by our playoff win. We're in the Elite 8, about where we should be by playing to our potential. I don't think we're statistically good enough to make it to the Super Bowl, but I've also seen our defense play to its 100% potential and beat the Saints, so I know that it can be down (however unlikely).

They were still the fucking Eagles.  We were 13-3 in 2017 when we played the packers, and lo and behold, we fucking lost . Fuck the Eagles, that team sucked, like all their teams, each and every year. They won the fucking super bowl and I won't live that down until Jerry's clown show dick trips into a trophy themselves.

Edited by 'stache

Yeah I'm nervous...not going to lie.  I truly believe Dallas can win this game.  But I see a lot of signs from the Rams that might be too much.

Don't forget, once again, that we have the youngest team in the playoffs.  Young Defense could bite on those play fakes and we could be looking up at them down 2 scores early.  Hope it's a close game...I'll Take Dak in a Close game almost any QB right now.

2016 was a huge disappointment. So was 2007. 2014 to a degree. Unless we go out there and get fucked up like 2009 against the Vikings, I won't be that disappointed.

I knew we would beat Seattle. I have a good feeling about this game, too.

10 hours ago, Drew said:

Yeah I'm nervous...not going to lie.  I truly believe Dallas can win this game.  But I see a lot of signs from the Rams that might be too much.

Don't forget, once again, that we have the youngest team in the playoffs.  Young Defense could bite on those play fakes and we could be looking up at them down 2 scores early.  Hope it's a close game...I'll Take Dak in a Close game almost any QB right now.

I'd like to think an old-timer like Marinelli has a couple of tricks up his sleeve. Has he ever had a defense this good to work with? If Dallas can stop the run and pressure Goff, it's gonna be a good night. i hope Dak has a good game. I think the Rams will  blitz the hell out of him - so let's hope Linehan is ready.

Best uniform in football is Cowboys home whites, though I’d be happier with silver pants like we wear with road navy. I’m not a fan of our aqua / greenish home pants, but it still works. 
Staubach era blue is better our navy blue. Our navy unis look sharp, but the royal / bright blue is better, and matches our blue accents on our white unis. 
80s Rams blue/yellow look is awesome. 90s navy/gold had a place but isn’t as good. I do not like their white helmets. 
Best uniform in football is Cowboys home whites?!?!?

Fuck you.

Pro for sure but in all of football there are two that are much much much better.