NFC Divisional Round - Cowboys @ Rams

DanTheHorn

i think the reason no PI was called was because the throw took our receiver back into the LB.  it was a weird looking play.  it wasn't like an underthrow where the DB flat runs over the WR.

there were 2 options on that throw.

1. more on a line and to the receiver

2. same floating trajectory but more out in front

unfortunately dak did neither and the pi didn't help. 

I was very confident the Eagles would beat the Bears. Trubisky and that offense puts no fear into anyone. And the Eagles weakness this season is their defense, especially their secondary and they could not take advantage of it consistently. Saints are anything but that. They will take advantage of on Sunday. Like they did early in the season against the Eagles. I will be surprised if they keep it within 10.

To get to the Super Bowl, we will have to beat the Rams and Saints. I'd love the Eagles at home, though. I will root for them like crazy if we beat the Rams.

Edited by Vic Mackey

One thing to really worry about with the Rams is their play action passing, which they do better, and at a higher rate, than anyone in the league.  Every time the Seahawks attempted it, it usually resulted in a big play for them...the Giants and Colts as well.  The young LB's, as good as they are, are very susceptible to it, or have shown it so far.

If they sell out to stop the run, they will try to get us over the top.  All they need is a couple of those plays to really hurt the Cowboys.

America’s Team could soon be taking over America’s second biggest city.

The Rams have issued a reminder that tickets to Saturday night’s game against the Cowboys at the L.A. Coliseuim are available to be purchased. And if Rams fans haven’t Cowboys fans definitely will.

Cowboys fans don’t travel well per se; they’re simply already everywhere. The fact that they’ve had so little postseason success since winning their last Super Bowl 23 years ago is a testament to the power of the brand.

But the last year the Cowboys won the Super Bowl was the first year of a two-decade NFL hiatus from L.A., and a generation of Angelenos grew up free to root for any team, including the one that squatted on a nickname that resonates from coast to coast.

Remember the 2016 preseason game between the Cowboys and Rams that marked the NFL’s return to L.A.? That meaningless game had a postseason vibe. This very meaningful postseason game will have a Super Bowl vibe. And it could feel a lot like a Super Bowl being played in Dallas.

And that could help Dallas secure the ability to play for a berth in the Super Bowl for the first time since January 1996.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-fans-could-storming-coliseum-211603663.html

Nice, I don't like the current rams' uniforms. Of course nothing beats the Dallas whites.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/los-angeles-rams-to-wear-throwbacks-in-saturday-showdown-against-cowboys-in-divisional-round/

The Los Angeles Rams have been through a lot trying to win over their fans. Naturally, going 13-3 this season didn’t hurt the cause, but one of the ways they’ve tried is by eschewing their navy and gold uniforms from the St. Louis days for their blue and yellow ones.

It’s a throwback to their original time in Los Angeles, and it’s a good way to show that this team is serious about continuing the Rams’ history. With that in mind, the Rams are going to be wearing blue and yellow for Saturday’s divisional game against the Cowboys, something that they weren’t allowed to do in their playoff game last year.

The Cowboys will be wearing the jerseys they always wear. It’ll be like 1970s and 80s all over again on Saturday night.

Edited by Viper
grammar nazi

Nice, I don't like the current rams' uniforms. Of course nothing beats the Dallas whites.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/los-angeles-rams-to-wear-throwbacks-in-saturday-showdown-against-cowboys-in-divisional-round/

The Los Angeles Rams have been through a lot trying to win over their fans. Naturally, going 13-3 this season didn’t hurt the cause, but one of the ways they’ve tried is by eschewing their navy and gold uniforms from the St. Louis days for their blue and yellow ones.

It’s a throwback to their original time in Los Angeles, and it’s a good way to show that this team is serious about continuing the Rams’ history. With that in mind, the Rams are going to be wearing blue and yellow for Saturday’s divisional game against the Cowboys, something that they weren’t allowed to do in their playoff game last year.

The Cowboys will be wearing the jerseys they always wear. It’ll be like 1970s and 80s all over again on Saturday night.

Can’t believe you like the fisher rams units with the dark blue and gold over their classic current ones. I actually prefer just the blue and white Merlin Olsen unis more than the blue and gold of the dickerson era.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Heard about this too...since when do playoff games have Throw Back Uniforms?  And even though Dallas is doing a "throw back" it's not going to look much different.

Just now, Drew said:

Heard about this too...since when do playoff games have Throw Back Uniforms?  And even though Dallas is doing a "throw back" it's not going to look much different.

Dallas isn't doing a throwback.  They are wearing their normal white home unis.  

20 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Dallas isn't doing a throwback.  They are wearing their normal white home unis.  

See I heard it was going to be more like the Uniform they wore in the 70's. Less outlines around the numbers, more of a plain look.  Has it changed?

we can beat these fuckers with ease.  But our O-line has been suspect af and their d line will kill our faces.  Plus we are hamstrung by garrett and linehan still rbeathing oxygen.  we lose this game because of him, not because of the athletes.  also if theres rain we grind them down 

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

See I heard it was going to be more like the Uniform they wore in the 70's. Less outlines around the numbers, more of a plain look.  Has it changed?

That was a report by SI, but that was shot down by Jerry Jones and Mike Fisher yesterday.  Unless they're waiting until gametime to show up in old school unis.  I'd say doubtful

• Like 1

Just now, Trey3216 said:

That was a report by SI, but that was shot down by Jerry Jones and Mike Fisher yesterday.  Unless they're waiting until gametime to show up in old school unis.  I'd say doubtful

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I just think the white horned helmet looks jarring when they wear it with their old jersey (dark blue and gold). It looks better with their white jerseys. 

goff-gurley.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Damn, I didn’t agree with you until i saw this picture. This is a clean ass look. I still like the blue and yellow as one of my favorite uniform combos in all of football, but this is a good look. 

Maybe he meant to quote Mileslong's post with the throw back blue and white ones?  Those look good though a little too much like the colts colors now a days. I don't care largely one way or the other on their previous uniforms, I just think the mismatching helmets/Jerseys they wear this season look horrible. They are getting new designs in 2020, so maybe that will look better.

For similar reasons I wish we would match the color on our pants to the color on our helmets.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:17 PM, Huckleberry said:

I actually agree that Prescott gets a bad rap overall (comes with the territory of being the Cowboys QB, though). But if you're always calling for objective analysis of his performance then that includes calling shitty passes shitty passes instead of making excuses for them.

Much of Dak's poor pocket presence and inconsistent accuracy could be refined if he had an actual Quarterback Coach instead of the guy who currently pretends to be one every weekend.  Taking a 4th round QB who displayed early career success and saddling him with a novice position coach is about the most Cowboy thing ever. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

Much of Dak's poor pocket presence and inconsistent accuracy could be refined if he had an actual Quarterback Coach instead of the guy who currently pretends to be one every weekend.  Taking a 4th round QB who displayed early career success and saddling him with a novice position coach is about the most Cowboy thing ever. 
Some people don't get this. At all. They'd just rather say Dak sucks and is terrible at everything and pick apart every pass.

Go look at Goff with Fisher. Then with McVey. People were ready to call him a bust his rookie year with Fisher. And how bad he was. Insert McVey and now look. Coaching matters for young QBs. The fact Dak is doing this with Garrett, Linehan and Kellen fucking Moore is telling of how good he is.

I mean yeah, that's a concern...but what worries me the most is their the best in the league at Play Action passes...while Dallas D is one of the worst defending it.  Seattle had NO run game, and a lot of their big pass plays still came off play action.

The young LB's and DB's can't fall for the fake. 

On 1/7/2019 at 3:20 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

I also feel Brown deserves some of the blame for making a poor play on the ball. Interference or not, bad throw or not, it didn't seem like Noah did all he could to pull it in.

All in all, a pretty terrible evening for Brown--two drops on routine short passes and then that play. Pity the Cowboys' receiving options are currently so limited.

Agree. You can wait for the ball to come to you or you can go up and get it - often getting a jump on the defender. Gallup was lucky to catch his TD. It dropped in right over his shoulder, and there as a defender right on his ass.

Re Dak's ball placement and team mistakes, it's worth keeping in mind that this is a  young team, so a more important question is "do they keep making the same mistakes over and over?" By and large, the answer is no. Maybe they learned enough in the Seattle game to get them past LA.

I hope by game time, we're 20 pt underdogs. The 'Boys play better with a chip on their shoulder.

PS: The Eagles don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning the Saints game.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Best unis:

5. 80s Rams

4. Redskins

3. Raiders

2. 80s Niners

1. Cowboys

Best matchup: Redskins red or 80s Niners red versus Cowboys whites. 

I have a strong AFC uniform bias, apparently. I'd bump the Redskins and Niners for the Chargers' powder blues and the Colts.

Edited by Machinator

37 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Best unis:

5. 80s Rams

4. Redskins

3. Raiders

2. 80s Niners

1. Cowboys

I'd knock out 4 & 5 and add the Chargers powder blues along with the Oilers baby blue. If I were the Texans owners I'd do everything I could to get the Titans owners to sell me the rights to the Oilers name now that both McNair and Adams have passed on. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Best unis:

5. 80s Rams

4. Redskins

3. Raiders

2. 80s Niners

1. Cowboys

I just don't see the Redskins' uniforms as anything special. They're not awful, but they're not Top 5 material, either.

Metallic colors are almost always good. That's why you have the Cowboys, Niners and Raiders up there. The Saints would be there too if they hadn't gone to that all black look.  

Cowboys in white are, of course, the best.  

13 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Best unis:

5. 80s Rams

4. Redskins

3. Raiders

2. 80s Niners

1. Cowboys

Packers and Chiefs are Top-5 imo, never got the love the Raiders get, think they’re bland/boring. 

Let me go ahead and put to bed this uniform discussion by giving the definitive uniform list. As the uniform czar this is non negotiable.

(These are the normal unis and not the color rush or alternate bs unis)

1) cowboys
2) raiders

3) bears
4) colts
5) saints
6) rams
7) giants
8) steelers
9) vikings
10) chiefs

12 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Let me go ahead and put to bed this uniform discussion by giving the definitive uniform list. As the uniform czar this is non negotiable.

1) cowboys
2) raiders

3) bears
4) colts
5) saints
6) rams
7) giants
😎 steelers
9) vikings
10) chiefs

Not so fast my friend.

Probably blasphemy, but I like the Bears with the Orange jerseys.  Might even look cool with a white helmet.  Kind of a San Diego (white helmets light blue jerseys).

Also, I think the Dolphins should go back to their old helmet logo and they could use some clean up on their unis as well.  Lotta good combos there.

Luv ya Blue's were great(home and away), don't change a thing.

32 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

1) cowboys
2) raiders

3) bears
4) colts
5) saints
6) rams
7) giants
😎 steelers
9) vikings
10) chiefs

Sorry, boss.  Not having the Packers is a huge failure.  

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Rams stomp a mudhole, Dak will be exposed for the fraud that he is,and Garret will choke this game away if Dallas even has the slimmest of chances.

This is the second, almost identical comment I've seen...is this a troll, or reverse phycology thing?

Yeah the Cowboys "have a chance".  They may not win, but there's going to be no "stomping of mud holes" this weekend.