Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

He's coached for one season as a QB coach in a season where his QB didn't improve one bit from game 1 to game 18. 

josh mcdaniels and kliff kingsbury working together as co-qb coaches couldn’t do any more with dak’s college-level talent than we’ve already seen.  that’s a fact. 

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

He's coached for one season as a QB coach in a season where his QB didn't improve one bit from game 1 to game 18. And now he's going to magically coordinate and entire offense? 

He could easily be a worse coordinator than he was a player. He's way out of his depth. It's like taking a recent law school grad and saying here prosecute this celebrity in this high profile televised murder case against a team of the most experienced and wealthy defense attorneys in the country. Good luck

Dak improved quite a bit throughout the season but it probably had more to do with Cooper and phasing out LInehan.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Dak improved quite a bit throughout the season but it probably had more to do with Cooper and phasing out LInehan.

I think it was 100 percent Cooper. His frequent missed throws, missed reads, and miscommunication issues with receivers didn't really improve at all. It wasn't egregious but the mistakes he usually makes he kept making throughout the season without any tangible improvement that I could see. He just got a guy that can beat coverage for the 2nd half of the season. 

I think a coordinator that can do even 75 percent of the disguising and variation that McVay does would open it up a lot more. 

Allow me to play devil's advocate here. The summer following our disastrous 2015 season, Bob and Dan had Dan Orlovsky on Bad Radio. Orlovsky was just getting into media  at the time and I believe he was writing for Pro football focus or one of the other football analytics websites. The discussion was mostly centered on Linehan, his offensive philosophy, and how the 2014 and 2015 season totally diverged from what he did in Detroit. About 3/4ths of the away into the convo Orlovsky, totally unsolicited, offered up some color on Kellen Moore. Talked about how dude was an offensive prodigy and would make up plays on the spot (both in games and in practice). Mind you Moore was coming off a season on our practice squad and neither he nor Romo had been hurt at this point during the 2016 training camp. So bringing this up about Moore seemed out of left field, but he went on and on about Moore's football mind and how he was a true prodigy with to respect to how he sees offensive football. I'm going to lean on this as to why the Cowboys seem so determined to keep Moore as part of the staff. Maybe it's all bullshit, but here's to hoping we somehow discovered our own Mcvay. I'm sure the interview is still on Bob and Dan's website if you search for it. They usually archive all of their interviews. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Allow me to play devil's advocate here. The summer following our disastrous 2015 season, Bob and Dan had Dan Orlovsky on Bad Radio. Orlovsky was just getting into media  at the time and I believe he was writing for Pro football focus or one of the other football analytics websites. The discussion was mostly centered on Linehan, his offensive philosophy, and how the 2014 and 2015 season totally diverged from what he did in Detroit. About 3/4ths of the away into the convo Orlovsky, totally unsolicited, offered up some color on Kellen Moore. Talked about how dude was an offensive prodigy and would make up plays on the spot (both in games and in practice). Mind you Moore was coming off a season on our practice squad and neither he nor Romo had been hurt at this point during the 2016 training camp. So bringing this up about Moore seemed out of left field, but he went on and on about Moore's football mind and how he was a true prodigy with to respect to how he sees offensive football. I'm going to lean on this as to why the Cowboys seem so determined to keep Moore as part of the staff. Maybe it's all bullshit, but here's to hoping we somehow discovered our own Mcvay. I'm sure the interview is still on Bob and Dan's website if you search for it. They usually archive all of their interviews. 

While I want to believe all of this, it makes you wonder why they would have Garrett call plays. He’s already been stripped of this duty during his time with us. If you’re so fascinated with Kellen Moore’s offensive mind, why not let him call plays. I would like this idea a lot more if that were the case, or at least I wouldn’t mind it as much. 

19 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

While I want to believe all of this, it makes you wonder why they would have Garrett call plays. He’s already been stripped of this duty during his time with us. If you’re so fascinated with Kellen Moore’s offensive mind, why not let him call plays. I would like this idea a lot more if that were the case, or at least I wouldn’t mind it as much. 

When I first heard the fuzzy faced kid's name thrown out there, my first thought was wtf. At this point let him call and design the plays next season. I want to kill myself for saying this.

Could finally end Garrett's reign. This is good.

25 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If Moore is truly taking over the offense, I believe stating that Garrett will have a hand in playcalling is just to ease fans/the media.  It's like "Hey, we're not just throwing this inexperienced guy in here, we have Garrett here to babysit.  It'll all be OK."  Ideally, if Moore is what they think he is, he will be calling the majority of the plays.  Similar to what they did with Marinelli and Richard.  Marinelli is still the DC, but by the end of the season, it was clear who was really running the D. 

speculation on the ticket that making moore OC is because jerry can’t bring in a competent OC that knows garrett is on a lame duck contract.  has to be a ginger guy because we’re gonna clean house after 8-8 in 2019. 

of course it’s all speculation.  and of course ginger, linehan, jerry, and moore are all just scapegoats.  the real problem is the guy touching the ball on every offensive snap. 

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

True bc QBs with the first name Mike are unusually talented

The real reason though is that the word "Mike" is easier for the QB to hear when the crowd is loud and he's scouring the field for an open receiver. He can hear his receiver calling out that he's open. "Tom" is also a good word. Dak is okay but gets confused with "Duck".

That's why there are no good QBs named Leonard, Conan, Futureman or Frederick.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

The real reason though is that the word "Mike" is easier for the QB to hear when the crowd is loud and he's scouring the field for an open receiver. He can hear his receiver calling out that he's open. "Tom" is also a good word. Dak is okay but gets confused with "Duck".

That's why there are no good QBs named Leonard, Conan, Futureman or Frederick.

So as long as anyone has a single syllable first name they are in the clear? Sweet! Btw damn that’s an excellent point. This is why the Rams will lose. Jared Goff. Two syllable first name vs Tom. I see I see

Edited by Nicole44
Patrick two syllable. Ahhhhhhh. Russell Wilson was not supposed to win!

2 hours ago, futureman said:

speculation on the ticket that making moore OC is because jerry can’t bring in a competent OC that knows garrett is on a lame duck contract.  has to be a ginger guy because we’re gonna clean house after 8-8 in 2019. 

of course it’s all speculation.  and of course ginger, linehan, jerry, and moore are all just scapegoats.  the real problem is the guy touching the ball on every offensive snap. 

Yes it’s the  solely the QB! Ofcourse. We scored a ton of points with Romo (yes I know he got hurt and couldn’t play for a couple of seasons) and won how many Superbowls? NFC championships? Jerry is a scapegoat?  Who is in the SB yet again?  a team with a better owner than Jerry, a team with a better coach than Garrett and a team with a better Fundamentals across the board. Yes you are exactly right! Futureman, just wondering...Garrett is a scapegoat? Cowboys won’t win dick as long as Jerry is still there. Futureman this isn’t the 90’s. If you could see into the future you’d know we still won’t win while Double J is around. 

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes it’s the  solely the QB! Ofcourse. We scored a ton of points with Romo (yes I know he got hurt and couldn’t play for a couple of seasons) and won how many Superbowls? NFC championships? Jerry is a scapegoat?  Who is in the SB yet again?  a team with a better owner than Jerry, a team with a better coach than Garrett and a team with a better Fundamentals across the board. Yes you are exactly right! Futureman, just wondering...Garrett is a scapegoat? Cowboys won’t win dick as long as Jerry is still there. Futureman this isn’t the 90’s. If you could see into the future you’d know we still won’t win while Double J is around. 

this is a lot of words to simply acknowledge that dak sucks. 

Go back to the Future man! If you honestly believe we lost to the Rams solely bc of Dak you don’t know shit. Three teams prior to us playing the Rams knew exactly what our defense was doing based on lame ass hand signals. It’s documented. We lost because our coaching sucks. Will continue to lose because our head coach sucks: they ran on us because they knew what our defense was doing. Unprecedented they ran on us. Because they knew they could. Is Dak to blame for that?

the problem with Jerry/Jason take ur pick is that they still honesty believe if they have the best player on the line of scrimmage they can beat out the other player. This is a myopic way to go. It’s about coaching. We have no such coach

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Go back to the Future man! If you honestly believe we lost to the Rams solely bc of Dak you don’t know shit. Three teams prior to us playing the Rams knew exactly what our defense was doing based on lame ass hand signals. It’s documented. We lost because our coaching sucks. Will continue to lose because our head coach sucks: they ran on us because they knew what our defense was doing. Unprecedented they ran on us. Because they knew they could. Is Dak to blame for that?

the problem with Jerry/Jason take ur pick is that they still honesty believe if they have the best player on the line of scrimmage they can beat out the other player. This is a myopic way to go. It’s about coaching. We have no such coach

dak’s incapable of taking advantage of soft coverage due to his lack of arm talent.  this isn’t an argument.

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

dak’s incapable of taking advantage of soft coverage due to his lack of arm talent.  this isn’t an argument.

Explain how the Rams ran all over us and we can talk. Dak isn’t a top tier QB but he was not the reason we aren’t still playing.

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Explain how the Rams ran all over us and we can talk. Dak isn’t a top tier QB but he was not the reason we aren’t still playing.

we have a good OL, the best running back in football, and a top 5 receiver.  our offense is terrible.  100% on dak, and he sucks.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Basically there is no way out for Garrett this year if he calls plays.  Y'all will get what you want.  Of course when they win the Division again, it'll just piss you off again...so there's that.

Yes because winning the division sucks. I like you Drew but even you have to admit after watching the Fecals win with Foles last year Garrett’s ceiling is one playoff win. This year wasn’t even close.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Manage what? Be like Drew and be so excited every year for a team managed by a dipshit? Literally. I’d rather have Kraft as an owner but fuck it. 

Damn, all I said was I'm excited for next year.  I know they aren't going much further most likely with Garrett...but I'm a fucking FAN.  They already improved by getting rid of Linehan AND the ST Coach.

Dak and Gallup get on the same page more, and the scoring goes up automatically.  Defense will only get better.  Honestly they might win regardless of Garrett.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Only thing that could make this thread better than it currently is would be to get Drew in here for some 3-way bullshitting with Nicole and Irish Wrist Watch. 

Fuck Rex Kramer always dragging my name into shit.  Fuck you.  Get a life.  And I'm not a troll like Futureman.