Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

1 hour ago, Viper said:

this would seem to support that. Look at TE routes run during the season vs. week 17

And they chose to make that change in a meaningless game instead of hitting a team in the playoffs that wouldnt have seen it coming. 

The Cowboys could have hit the Rams with all sorts of shit they hadnt really done before and probably won the game since their shit is so predictable the Rams would be sitting on all of it. 

• Like 1

Agreed. He's stubborn as a mule. And he can't adjust. All night they stuffed our run. Big time. And that was a long yard to get. You don't turn around and hand it off 5 yards behind the line to gain that long yard. They had 9 guys stuffed in the box. After we moved motioned Brown in. That made it even more congested. Any coach with a pulse does some sort of bootleg or something outside. If Dak fakes it up the middle and takes off outside, he might score. Play action pass might score. Fucking anything besides a slow run to Zeke into the teeth of their defense.

It was the perfect moment for whatever the Cowboys variant of Steelers Roll Left is.

Hell even give Dak the same advice before going out there “come to run” and then go from there.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
11 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:
I swear to God, Garrett is the one who called the stupid fuck play on 4th and 1. He's a fucking moron. He got lucky against mediocre teams and Zeke and Dak bailed his ass out, but when it came to the Rams, his brain short-circuited. He made the stupidest fucking call of the entire 2018 season. Dumb bastard.

Agreed. He's stubborn as a mule. And he can't adjust. All night they stuffed our run. Big time. And that was a long yard to get. You don't turn around and hand it off 5 yards behind the line to gain that long yard. They had 9 guys stuffed in the box. After we moved motioned Brown in. That made it even more congested. Any coach with a pulse does some sort of bootleg or something outside. If Dak fakes it up the middle and takes off outside, he might score. Play action pass might score. Fucking anything besides a slow run to Zeke into the teeth of their defense.

What's worse is the play was called right into their strength... inside.  You know where the best defender on earth plays. 

• Like 1

Nussmeir is a terrible offensive coordinator.  Here are some of his offenses.

2014 Michigan: 20.9 points per game

2015 Florida: 23.2 points per game (total of 24 points in their last three games)

2016 Florida: 23.9 points per game

2017 Florida: 21.8 points per game

What did Florida do in 2018 after Nussmeir left?  Average 35 points a game.   What did Michigan do in 2015 after he left?  Average 31 points per game.

The dude follows Shawn Watson's book of failing upwards.  This would be an absolute disaster of a hire.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

OMG! Fucking idiotville. Yes let’s promote Moore who has never been an OC so that absolute shithead Garrett won’t have competition for his job. Why worry so much Garrett, according to Jerruh five teams will want you once you get kicked to the curb anyway. Why all this love for Moore? Based on what? Fucking stupidity!

the front office/lameass Garrett are pushing me to be a full time Kansas City fan and I live  in Plano. Fuck. 

>:(🤬 Will Garrett call a run for Zeke every time on first down? Use play action with Dak? Run Dak more? I honestly don’t understand the Keller Moore fast track. Dak looked like he regressed this season. Well if the playcalling is shit and Garrett is in charge of that if we don’t make the playoffs is he gone for good? Maybe no real OC will come here bc they don’t want a one year window to be successful. Garrett obviously had no real say in the Linehan firing bc of what he said in the press. Now he’s the play caller?

Maybe this is a way to politely shove Moore out of his QB coaching slot. Sorry K, we considered you for OC, but we've moved on.

We need an OC who has spent years inside a successful point-producing system - who knows its strengths and weaknesses. Moore ain't that guy. And Garrett sure as hell ain't.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Promoting Moore to OC where Garrett is calling the plays technically makes Moore his assistant clipboard utility belt holder. I still do not understand the Kellen Moore loyalty. He was a shitty backup up. A shitty QB coach. Now he’s being promoted to OC in name only. He must have video of Garrett and Jerruh together. Or he’s banging Charlotte? Or....????

If Kellen Moore becomes OC, then they can go fuck themselves. That dork wasn't even qualified to be a QB coach but lets make him OC? Good fucking lord. 

If I am Dak, why would I even want to sign an extension with this clown show as my support system? Go somewhere where he can develop. Guarantee if he was playing with Reid or McVey, he would be much further along. Same as Amari Cooper. Why the fuck would he want to stay with this clown show staff that does not even know how to scheme for their best players to take over a game? This organization is so afraid of an outside voice coming in here and rocking the boat. They want the same recycled voices.

If you fired the OC, why the hell would you keep Moore? He was Linehan's hand picked guy. Get rid of all his assitants. But I guess that is only what competent franchises do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

ESPN is reporting that Moore would become OC, but Garrett would get more involved in play-calling. And that John Kitna would become the new QB coach.

Moore would be a magnificent bust. What a bad fucking idea. You need someone with years of OC experience.

But but, Sean McVay is only like 31 man! 

The whole situation doesn't make much sense.  They brought in Linehan specifically to get away from Garrett calling plays, he was about to be fired.  Why would he go back to play calling?  He was never that good at it, more mediocre.  I mean if this is "the plan", then it's a terrible one feels like this was a compromise.  Joneses get rid of Linehan who had regressed and run his course, but Garrett gets to come up with the replacement plan which is to..... add Jon Kitna?  I have no issues with Kitna and Moore was always expected to be an offensive coach eventually, but this makes no L-T sense.  None at all.  It's just awful.

I think Kitna will be better for Dak than Kellen. I’m really only down with this if Jason gets canned. Maybe that’s the final phase here. One last chance. Offense is all on Garrett.BUT we spent the last two years fucking around with Dak’s development all so we could keep Kellen Moore on staff? I’m just not understanding. I shouldn’t be shocked. Jerry’s a shitshow. The dumbass fan boy homer commenters on Blogging the Boys is the reason he continues to fuck this franchise into the ground. 

40 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If Kellen Moore becomes OC, then they can go fuck themselves. That dork wasn't even qualified to be a QB coach but lets make him OC? Good fucking lord. 

If I am Dak, why would I even want to sign an extension with this clown show as my support system? Go somewhere where he can develop. Guarantee if he was playing with Reid or McVey, he would be much further along. Same as Amari Cooper. Why the fuck would he want to stay with this clown show staff that does not even know how to scheme for their best players to take over a game? This organization is so afraid of an outside voice coming in here and rocking the boat. They want the same recycled voices.

If you fired the OC, why the hell would you keep Moore? He was Linehan's hand picked guy. Get rid of all his assitants. But I guess that is only what competent franchises do.

Hate to tell you but the main reason they have so much Kellan love is because Dak really likes him. I personally do not get all the Moore hate on here. QB coaches are usually not former 6 times Pro Bowl QB, they almost always are career back up QBs and journeymen QBs if they were even NFL QBs at all. They like the philosophy that they already use they just want a different voice so in all likelihood it will be someone on staff or someone with the same ideas. The scheme itself is still very sound it was the playcalling that had gone stale. I am not saying Moore is the answer at all or even that I want him as the OC but you could see this coming a mile away. 

Edited by txbroadcaster
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Hate to tell you but the main reason they have so much Kellan love is because Dak really likes him. I personally do not get all the Moore hate on here. QB coaches are usually not former 6 times Pro Bowl QB, they almost always are career back up QBs and journeymen QBs if they were even NFL QBs at all. They like the philosophy that they already use they just want a different voice so in all likelihood it will be someone on staff or someone with the same ideas. The scheme itself is still very sound it was the playcalling that had gone stale. I am not saying Moore is the answer at all or even that I want him as the OC but you could see this coming a mile away. 

This right here. Kellen Moore looks pretty dopey, but why everyone else hate him so much? The dude's one year as QB coach did not see meteoric improvement for Dak but he did move back in the right direction after a mostly poor second year last season. I'm not saying I'm thrilled about Moore but I also don't quite know what all of our hate is rooted in? The fact he sucked as a player? Doug Pederson was a career backup. Sean McVay? Never played a snap. I also get on paper it seems "safe" and just another yes man forr JJ and Garrett to have under their thumbs but what do we have to prove that by? The guy is young, Dak apparently likes him, he might very well have some good ideas.

49 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

There is also the thought that nobody worth a damn wants to come work for the dysfunctional shit show.

Not too dissimilar from when the UT President had to get on a plane to convince a tier 3 OC to come work with Chuck.

Like Kris Richard?

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Moore would be a magnificent bust. What a bad fucking idea. You need someone with years of OC experience.

you really don’t know if he’ll be a bust or not.  and saying we need someone with years of OC experience just makes you look stupid.  

that said, I wouldn’t hire kellen as OC. 

3 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

What do you call a puppet of a puppet of a puppet? Kellen Moore of course.

I was hoping it would be someone on one of the four remaining teams playing since the cowboys said they are waiting for an announcement.

keep hoping.  unless I missed the press release that said kellen moore got the job. 

He's coached for one season as a QB coach in a season where his QB didn't improve one bit from game 1 to game 18. And now he's going to magically coordinate and entire offense? 

He could easily be a worse coordinator than he was a player. He's way out of his depth. It's like taking a recent law school grad and saying here prosecute this celebrity in this high profile televised murder case against a team of the most experienced and wealthy defense attorneys in the country. Good luck