Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

Fuck Rex Kramer always dragging my name into shit.  Fuck you.  Get a life.  And I'm not a troll like Futureman.

shut the fuck up, drew.  and I don’t troll.  dak is a fucking abortion of a football player and mike white will start.  when it happens y’all will all collectively suck my dick. 

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

Damn, all I said was I'm excited for next year.  I know they aren't going much further most likely with Garrett...but I'm a fucking FAN.  They already improved by getting rid of Linehan AND the ST Coach.

Dak and Gallup get on the same page more, and the scoring goes up automatically.  Defense will only get better.  Honestly they might win regardless of Garrett.

I admire your optimism. Big hug! 

Yeah, you're trolling.  Only a troll would pretend that Mike White is the savior of a football team over a guy that's won 2 division titles and the last 3 years.  Dak isn't perfect, but he's better than Mike White will probably ever be.

15 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Allow me to play devil's advocate here. The summer following our disastrous 2015 season, Bob and Dan had Dan Orlovsky on Bad Radio. Orlovsky was just getting into media  at the time and I believe he was writing for Pro football focus or one of the other football analytics websites. The discussion was mostly centered on Linehan, his offensive philosophy, and how the 2014 and 2015 season totally diverged from what he did in Detroit. About 3/4ths of the away into the convo Orlovsky, totally unsolicited, offered up some color on Kellen Moore. Talked about how dude was an offensive prodigy and would make up plays on the spot (both in games and in practice). Mind you Moore was coming off a season on our practice squad and neither he nor Romo had been hurt at this point during the 2016 training camp. So bringing this up about Moore seemed out of left field, but he went on and on about Moore's football mind and how he was a true prodigy with to respect to how he sees offensive football. I'm going to lean on this as to why the Cowboys seem so determined to keep Moore as part of the staff. Maybe it's all bullshit, but here's to hoping we somehow discovered our own Mcvay. I'm sure the interview is still on Bob and Dan's website if you search for it. They usually archive all of their interviews. 

DMN posted some highlights from a recent Orlovsky appearance on Ben and Skin:

Was Kellen Moore too young, too inexperienced to be fit as the Cowboys QB coach this season?

Orlovsky: "I believe that Kellen's certainly capable, and you can make the case that that kind of showed itself this year. I know a big difference was when Amari Cooper came to town, and everyone knows the impact he had on the offense. But you saw [Dak Prescott]'s play get better and better. And I would probably say he was the better quarterback on the field in that playoff game loss. You can make that case and the film doesn't lie.

"So, I believe that Kellen is completely capable to continue to lead that quarterback room. And the big part of it is going to go back to who they want as the coordinator, and does the coordinator have a guy that he wants, or does he believe in Kellen?

"I know this. Kellen is on the fast track to being a really, really, really sought-after football coach. I believe that. Because he's grown up in an era that is going to fit the NFL right now and in the future.

" ... This is my perception on what the Arizona Cardinals did with Kliff Kingsbury - just because you're old, or older, doesn't mean you're good at what you do. And just because you're young, or younger, doesn't mean you're not good. And so, the proof is in the day-by-day results. And I believe that the day-by-day results of the quarterback room, and the quarterback's performance this year proved that Kellen Moore is certainly capable and performing at a high enough level as the quarterback coach to be there."

50 minutes ago, D_Goose said:

Was Kellen Moore too young, too inexperienced to be fit as the Cowboys QB coach this season?

Orlovsky: "I believe that Kellen's certainly capable, and you can make the case that that kind of showed itself this year. I know a big difference was when Amari Cooper came to town, and everyone knows the impact he had on the offense. But you saw [Dak Prescott]'s play get better and better. And I would probably say he was the better quarterback on the field in that playoff game loss. You can make that case and the film doesn't lie.

"So, I believe that Kellen is completely capable to continue to lead that quarterback room. And the big part of it is going to go back to who they want as the coordinator, and does the coordinator have a guy that he wants, or does he believe in Kellen?

"I know this. Kellen is on the fast track to being a really, really, really sought-after football coach. I believe that. Because he's grown up in an era that is going to fit the NFL right now and in the future.

" ... This is my perception on what the Arizona Cardinals did with Kliff Kingsbury - just because you're old, or older, doesn't mean you're good at what you do. And just because you're young, or younger, doesn't mean you're not good. And so, the proof is in the day-by-day results. And I believe that the day-by-day results of the quarterback room, and the quarterback's performance this year proved that Kellen Moore is certainly capable and performing at a high enough level as the quarterback coach to be there."

Wow! This is precisely why they suck. Like if Jerry promoted an actual monkey an actual monkey the quote would read almost the same. This is serious spin for dumbasses

Edited by Nicole44

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Wow! This is precisely why they suck. Like if Jerry promoted an actual monkey an actual monkey the quote would read almost the same. This is serious spin for dumbasses

Edited by Nicole44

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Yeah, you're trolling.  Only a troll would pretend that Mike White is the savior of a football team over a guy that's won 2 division titles and the last 3 years.  Dak isn't perfect, but he's better than Mike White will probably ever be.

If you know he's a troll then why the fuck do you keep swinging at pitches in the dirt like this?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, D_Goose said:

well if the great Dan Orlovsky says so, I'm sold 

Troy doubled down on the ticket again this morning.  reiterated how inept we are at passing the ball downfield, how much we suck at taking advantage of basic holes in coverage that open up when teams sell out to stop zeke.  of course you all know “we” means dakota rain prescott.

so, in my corner I have the greatest quarterback who ever lived, and arguing against me a bunch of mouth-breathing dak apologists and one post-menopausal hag who refuses to make sandwiches.  

good day, gentlemen. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

Troy doubled down on the ticket again this morning.  reiterated how inept we are at passing the ball downfield, how much we suck at taking advantage of basic holes in coverage that open up when teams sell out to stop zeke.  of course you all know “we” means dakota rain prescott.

so, in my corner I have the greatest quarterback who ever lived, and arguing against me a bunch of mouth-breathing dak apologists and one post-menopausal hag who refuses to make sandwiches.  

good day, gentlemen. 

dat completion % tho

I'm off the edge a little bit. Maybe Kellen Moore really is a genius. He came from a pretty open offense at Boise. I also thought he was younger than 29, seems like he just came out of Boise. If this is where we're heading, Garrett damn well better let him open up the playbook and not overrule him with the same predictable crap over and over again. Dak's in his fourth year, the o-line should be better next year if Frederick returns, we have the rushing champ and a dynamic WR1. There is no reason we shouldn't have a prolific offense if Moore is allowed to open up the offense so we can pound it on the ground and sling it strategically like the Rams and Saints. 

• Like 1

good day, gentlemen. 

Has Brady weighed in on dak? That would be surprising..

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'm off the edge a little bit. Maybe Kellen Moore really is a genius. He came from a pretty open offense at Boise. I also thought he was younger than 29, seems like he just came out of Boise. If this is where we're heading, Garrett damn well better let him open up the playbook and not overrule him with the same predictable crap over and over again. Dak's in his fourth year, the o-line should be better next year if Frederick returns, we have the rushing champ and a dynamic WR1. There is no reason we shouldn't have a prolific offense if Moore is allowed to open up the offense so we can pound it on the ground and sling it strategically like the Rams and Saints. 

Not happening. This is Garrett's offense. His playbook and scheme. It's all him. He also knows this is now a make or break year for him. Which is maddening because he has been here this whole decade now and nothing has changed or progressed. 2 years in a row now in the NFC, second year head coaches are in the Super Bowl. Hell the fucking Jags were close to a Super Bowl last year. Yet we think Garrett is going to finally figure it out in year 9? Sure thing, Jerry. But anyways, if he's going down, it's going to be on his terms, not Moore's. Don't expect anything different on offense. Same predictable crap. It is what it is. I remember in the offseason how they told us how different this offense would be.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, futureman said:

good day, gentlemen. 

No YOU are saying he means Dak.  Your QB also said 2 weeks ago he believes in Dak and says he has tons of playoff wins coming.  So what? He changed his mind overnight?

He meant the OFFENSE, no the QB, doesn't take advantage of holes in the defense...and that was by design.

Jeez man, get off this shit.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

No YOU are saying he means Dak.  Your QB also said 2 weeks ago he believes in Dak and says he has tons of playoff wins coming.  So what? He changed his mind overnight?

He meant the OFFENSE, no the QB, doesn't take advantage of holes in the defense...and that was by design.

Jeez man, get off this shit.

he’s actively criticizing the limits of our passing offense.  “not hitting open receivers.”  who’s throwing the passes?

So basically Nussmeier, who was middling as a college OC but has solid experience and Moore, who is supposed to have a very bright mind, but almost no experience..... Gotcha.  Apparently the reliance on the stop or curl routes were a Linehan staple.... or at least that's the excuse, we'll see if anything changes next season.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Not happening. This is Garrett's offense. His playbook and scheme. It's all him. He also knows this is now a make or break year for him. Which is maddening because he has been here this whole decade now and nothing has changed or progressed. 2 years in a row now in the NFC, second year head coaches are in the Super Bowl. Hell the fucking Jags were close to a Super Bowl last year. Yet we think Garrett is going to finally figure it out in year 9? Sure thing, Jerry. But anyways, if he's going down, it's going to be on his terms, not Moore's. Don't expect anything different on offense. Same predictable crap. It is what it is. I remember in the offseason how they told us how different this offense would be.

I think it's disingenuous to say the team isn't on more stable footing in 2018 than it was in 2008. The team is drafting better, the defense is much-improved, Stephen is more involved and Jerry is 10 years closer to death. If we sign ETIII, we might not lose a game in 2019.

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

Aaaaaaaaaand... This is how it starts. Battered women's syndrome. "well next year he won't beat me because he's learned and is sorry"

Good luck with that when you're wasting your Sundays again on a trash organization. 

53 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think it's disingenuous to say the team isn't on more stable footing in 2018 than it was in 2008. The team is drafting better, the defense is much-improved, Stephen is more involved and Jerry is 10 years closer to death. If we sign ETIII, we might not lose a game in 2019.

How many times have we kept hearing this? That our future is bright and we are better than *insert whatever year you want*. Until we actually see results on the field, doesn't mean shit. After we got smoked by the Vikings in 2009, our future was supposed to be looking up. Then we missed the playoffs 4 straight years. All of that was Garrett besides 2010 when Wade was fired. We are spinning in circles right now. With Garrett on this staff (starting 2007), we have never made the playoffs two seasons in a row. That is very concerning. People might point to 3 division titles in 5 years but at some point you have to make some type of playoff run. Not keep crapping out in the divisional round.

Dak and Zeke are now in year 4 on cheap rookie deals and we have zero to show for it.

Eagles and Rams were fucking junk when McVey and Pederson took over. They didn't need a 10 year process. They turned it around right away and both made the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, us Dallas fans take pride in saying we are better off than we were in the past? Meh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Garrett has vastly improved his clap cadence. And that eagle eye he gives a player when he says "Don't worry about that fuckup, friend, that cost us the game - we'll get 'em next year." Clap clap.

• Like 2

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Garrett has vastly improved his clap cadence. And that eagle eye he gives a player when he says "Don't worry about that fuckup, friend, that cost us the game - we'll get 'em next year." Clap clap.

That's true. Garrett's clapping seems a bit more natural these days. Yay!

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How many times have we kept hearing this? That our future is bright and we are better than *insert whatever year you want*. Until we actually see results on the field, doesn't mean shit. After we got smoked by the Vikings in 2009, our future was supposed to be looking up. Then we missed the playoffs 4 straight years. All of that was Garrett besides 2010 when Wade was fired. We are spinning in circles right now. With Garrett on this staff (starting 2007), we have never made the playoffs two seasons in a row. That is very concerning. People might point to 3 division titles in 5 years but at some point you have to make some type of playoff run. Not keep crapping out in the divisional round.

Dak and Zeke are now in year 4 on cheap rookie deals and we have zero to show for it.

Eagles and Rams were fucking junk when McVey and Pederson took over. They didn't need a 10 year process. They turned it around right away and both made the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, us Dallas fans take pride in saying we are better off than we were in the past? Meh.

and that o-line that you spent all those first round picks on ...is getting older every minute 

Rams saw their opportunity this year, loaded up and went for it ...now they're in the Super Bowl ...who gives a shit if they end up in salary cap hell in a couple of years, they've done something in 2 years Dallas hasn't done since McVey was in Underoos ....

1 hour ago, michaelpshayes said:

and that o-line that you spent all those first round picks on ...is getting older every minute 

I agree, but the stink of it is that they’re all still young.  there are a lot of good OL over 30 in the NFL and yet it seems like ours will be retired by their early 30s