Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

Romostradamus has spoken

The Cowboys fired Scott Linehan, but Romo doesn’t expect much change other than the name of the coordinator.

“I honestly don’t know how it will play out,” Romo said. “I think it will be interesting to see what they morph into. In a lot of ways, I think they’ll probably stay pretty similar because the head coach is there, and it’s still probably going to be his verbiage.”

That’s not really what Cowboys fans wanted to hear.

Romo paused when asked what Cowboys must do to take the next step before saying, “Umm, that’s a good question.”

He then paused again before continuing.

“I’ll pass on that one,” Romo said.

Also from the article:

Cowboys fans wanted Tony Romo as their offensive coordinator.

“Well, they’ll have to wait,” CBS’ top NFL analyst said Tuesday, via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. “I’m sure one day I’ll coach. Right now, I’m happy with where I’m at.”

• Like 1

Jerry has always thought they were in an ideal situation. And as far as he is concerned, they are. He makes money hand over fist. He can bang as many skanks on his yacht as he wants and get annual facelifts. Of course he thinks he is in an ideal situation.

Y’all do realize we’ve won more games than any team in the nfc over the last 3 years, right? I’m not saying that means much, or that we’re where we want to be, but it’s not nearly as doom and gloom as some of y’all are making it out to be. 

I don’t think we need to change the entire offense. As long as Kellen Moore has some fucking common sense and he isn’t stubborn, I feel like the offense is good enough that we should be able to compete with anyone and make another crack at it next year. Especially when Travis Fredrick comes back. We were clearly a different team the moment we got Amari Cooper, so let’s see what happens over the course of a full offseason/training camp.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

Relax, guys, "everything is as it should be."

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says Jason Garrett not on shaky ground

Jerry Jones said Wednesday that the delay in announcing additions to Jason Garrett's staff has nothing to do with the job status of the Dallas Cowboys' head coach.

The Cowboys' owner/general manager called into 105.3 The Fan in an unscheduled appearance to clarify that the delay in the official announcements of Jon Kitna as quarterbacks coach and the expected promotion of Kellen Moore to offensive coordinator has nothing to do with Garrett's standing as head coach.

"Within the staff we've made several commitments. But the reason that it's not being talked about is not that Jason is on shaky ground," Jones said. "... It's just that we're putting together ideas and didn't want to necessarily make that a featured topic around the Super Bowl. ... Everything is as it should be."

It has been speculated that Garrett would be taking over the playcalling duties, but Jones hinted that the responsibility might be Moore's despite his inexperience.

"Jason's going to be making an announcement here real quickly, but make no mistake about it, he's going to be a key guy in what play is run on that football field," Jones said. "By key, probably have the ultimate responsibility."

Moore was the Cowboys' quarterbacks coach last season after spending six NFL seasons as a backup quarterback.

Garrett has one year remaining on his current contract. Jones wouldn't discuss whether an extension is in the works for his coach, but he praised Garrett, who led the Cowboys to their second NFC East title in three seasons in 2018 and is 77-59 in nine seasons as coach.

"There's been some speculation that possibly I'm a little satisfied with going down to these Super Bowls without having my team with me, which I'm not," Jones said. "There is absolutely a complete commitment."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25892400/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-says-jason-garrett-not-shaky-ground

Y'all have fallen for this shit again.  If Jerry was as comfortable as he's claiming then he'd already have an extension.  Especially after what he did last year getting them back from 3-5 to a Division Title and a playoff win. It would make sense, even if we hated it. 

But he hasn't.  That's more telling than anything he's saying.  They choke this year, and it's cleaning out the entire staff(maybe not Richard depending on the defense).  This is it...they can't have their usual/typical "every other year" slump they've seen to have. 

58 minutes ago, Drew said:

Y'all have fallen for this shit again.  If Jerry was as comfortable as he's claiming then he'd already have an extension.  Especially after what he did last year getting them back from 3-5 to a Division Title and a playoff win. It would make sense, even if we hated it. 

But he hasn't.  That's more telling than anything he's saying.  They choke this year, and it's cleaning out the entire staff(maybe not Richard depending on the defense).  This is it...they can't have their usual/typical "every other year" slump they've seen to have. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

Kellen Moore , JFC we are fucked.

Wonder if they even interviewed anyone else

It's not even going to matter if Garrett doesn't get an extension. You think Garrett's going to risk this cash cow on some zero experience dumbface who looks like a retard's worst nightmare? Fuck no, Garrett is calling the offense next year 100 percent if he doesn't get an extension. Based on how poorly that went last time it likely won't work either. 

On 1/31/2019 at 7:59 AM, Hate said:

Jerry has always thought they were in an ideal situation. And as far as he is concerned, they are. He makes money hand over fist. He can bang as many skanks on his yacht as he wants and get annual facelifts. Of course he thinks he is in an ideal situation.

The funny thing is he'd give almost all of it up to be young again..... He can't fix getting older and uglier and it drives him crazy.

31 minutes ago, Viper said:

So no extension for Garrett. I assume that means he'd be gone if Kellen Moore doesn't work out.

Yea... pretty interesting.  If we start 2-4 or something, I wonder if the Joneses would make a move and promote Richard.

35 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The funny thing is he'd give almost all of it up to be young again..... He can't fix getting older and uglier and it drives him crazy.

Yea... pretty interesting.  If we start 2-4 or something, I wonder if the Joneses would make a move and promote Richard.

2-4 with Kellen as OC? Please!  Show me a loss baby! 16-0.