Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

41 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Curious commentary on LJH, who has spent the last 2 years getting open. 

He doesn’t get open with precise route running like Beasley does. Not saying he’s a bad route runner, but I’m saying his size more so than anything else is used to his advantage in the slot. Personally, if I’m taking my burnt orange glasses off for a second, I’d rather have a guy like Andy Isabella if we’re going to draft a slot wr in the 3rd round. 

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He doesn’t get open with precise route running like Beasley does. Not saying he’s a bad route runner, but I’m saying his size more so than anything else is used to his advantage in the slot. Personally, if I’m taking my burnt orange glasses off for a second, I’d rather have a guy like Andy Isabella if we’re going to draft a slot wr in the 3rd round. 

LJ is always open cause he's humongous.  He'd be like a Beasley Witten combo.  Both of whom were favorite Dak targets.  

7 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

you done fucked up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SurlyBDR said:

Great interview with Travis Frederick. Hope this dude makes it back to 100% no matter when that is

https://www.wfaa.com/video/news/travis-frederick-chronicles-his-bout-with-guillain-barre-syndrome/287-a7641b26-7006-441f-b34f-1c6de634f4e2?jwsource=cl

It better be next season or we're all gonna lose our minds up in here. 

• Like 1

The GOAT, his wife and his money.  Dak, don't go there...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2019/02/08/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-contract-extension/2806080002/

Prescott doesn’t see Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s team-friendly deal, for which he made just $15 million last season, as a blueprint for his own.

“Nobody’s wife makes as much money as his wife does either,” Prescott said of Brady’s supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen, who earned $10 million in 2018 and $17.5 million in 2017, per reports. “When Tom Brady isn’t the breadwinner in the home, then that’s a great problem to have.

“So in that case, he can do that. He can do his contract however you want to do it.”

Edited by Don Johnson

On 2/10/2019 at 11:41 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

There’s a big part of me that feels like we would find a way to fuck this up. A big part of the reason LJH was successful was because of his size in the slot. Dak would probably be better served with a more traditional slot that can create separation and actually get open. I think LJH is going to have a successful nfl career, I just don’t know if we’re the team to maximize his talent

Dak doesn’t throw his receivers open.  Does LJH have the hands and  also the body to creat separation for the catch?

On the salary cap thingy: Only Jarrah and Garret would be dumb enough to pay Dak super franchise bigtime money.  Enjoy the fucking suck if that happens.

Edited by slorch

Dak doesn’t throw his receivers open.  Does LJH have the hands and  also the body to creat separation for the catch?

On the salary cap thingy: Only Jarrah and Garret would be dumb enough to pay Dak super franchise bigtime money.  Enjoy the fucking suck if that happens.
He's better than Goff and Wentz and people have no issue paying them.

He doesn't suck. Coaching matters. And he doesn't have any. We wasted his entire rookie deal.

Agreed: coaching matters.

Does he suck?  I lean towards he is a middle of the road QB.  Those are not that hard to find and are damned sure not worth premium contracts.

Would absolutely LOVE to be shown how wrong I am in the coming years, but I just don’t see it on a play to play basis.  Yeah the coaching thing is a huge factor, so the whole freaking equation is an abortion until thatgets fixed.

Jerrah loves to burn him some cash though...

Dallas' first 2019 pick will come in the second round (No. 58 overall).

2019 NFL draft

When: April 25-27
Round 1: April 25, 8:00 p.m.
Where: Nashville, Tenn.

Dallas' picks

Round 1 -- None (Amari Cooper trade)
Round 2 -- No. 58 overall
Round 3 -- No. 91 overall
Round 4 -- No. 122 overall
Round 5 -- No. 155 overall
Round 6 -- None (Bene Benwikere trade)
Round 7 -- No. 219 overall

The Cowboys and Colts will alternate picking 26th and 27th in each round due to the two teams finishing with the same 10-6 record, postseason appearances and strength of schedule.

(Note: The picks above are the order before compensatory picks are handed out by the league for free agents lost in the previous offseason. The Cowboys could also receive additional compensatory picks themselves. Last year they received a fourth-, two fifth- and a sixth-round pick.)

On 2/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I’d rather have a guy like Andy Isabella if we’re going to draft a slot wr in the 3rd round. 

Somebody listens to Jeff Cavanaugh. 

Maybe going in a new direction with a bigger slot who has good quickness and great hands would be better for an offense than as constructed with Beasley sucked ass. 

• Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, DougO said:

I'm waiting for the rumors to start that the Cowboys are going to trade up to pick Kyler Murray.

Nah I heard the idea that the Cowboys call up Arizona and trade next year's first, and some other stuff, for Josh Rosen, since anyone is better than Dak apparently...

Which not only hurts this team, but why would either team do that?  If the Cards want a first round pick next year for Rosen, trade him to a team that's going to suck...oh wait, if the Cowboys had Rosen and not Dak at QB they'd probably be picking top 10 anyways.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Nah I heard the idea that the Cowboys call up Arizona and trade next year's first, and some other stuff, for Josh Rosen, since anyone is better than Dak apparently...

Which not only hurts this team, but why would either team do that?  If the Cards want a first round pick next year for Rosen, trade him to a team that's going to suck...oh wait, if the Cowboys had Rosen and not Dak at QB they'd probably be picking top 10 anyways.

Remember when clowns in here said that Jameis Winston was better than Dak? Lulz.

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Remember when clowns in here said that Jameis Winston was better than Dak? Lulz.

he’s much, much better.  jameis might have won a super bowl (or two) by now with our roster.  on the other hand, if dak had been drafted by tampa he’d be the qb coach at starkville high right now. 

6 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Somebody listens to Jeff Cavanaugh. 

Maybe going in a new direction with a bigger slot who has good quickness and great hands would be better for an offense than as constructed with Beasley sucked ass. 

Dane Brugler, but yeah. Go look at the practice reports from the senior bowl. He was unguardable. 

Look, I could be wrong. I would be happy if the cowboys drafted LJH, but I could easily see us fucking that up and him not being as productive as he could’ve been. That’s all I’m saying. 

49 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Look, I could be wrong. I would be happy if the cowboys drafted LJH, but I could easily see us fucking that up and him not being as productive as he could’ve been. That’s all I’m saying. 

but we wouldn’t fuck it up with isabella?  why?  because he’s white?  racist prick. 

Will Sean Lee play for the Cowboys in 2019??

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/13/report-sean-lee-has-decided-he-wants-to-play-in-2019/

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said last month that there is “no one we would have to have back more” than Lee. But Lee is scheduled to make $7 million in base salary and count $10.1 million against the salary cap.

That’s expensive for a now-backup linebacker who missed nine games last season and has missed 51 in his nine-year career.  The Cowboys can save $7 million against their cap by cutting Lee.

20 hours ago, futureman said:

he’s much, much better.  jameis might have won a super bowl (or two) by now with our roster.  on the other hand, if dak had been drafted by tampa he’d be the qb coach at starkville high right now. 

I mean, the Local QB at Desoto is better than Dak...right?

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

I mean, the Local QB at Desoto is better than Dak...right?

probably not desoto, no, but the better metroplex high school teams with more complex passing schemes would no doubt relegate dak to fullback or LB, even if he were playing today against 17 year old kids. 

you accuse me of trolling but Dak can’t throw.  he is flat out incapable of spreading the ball around to open receivers and pushing the ball downfield.  he’s a check down champion and that is the sole reason for his respectable completion percentage.  that is a fact and not up for debate.  

in all seriousness some of the texas high school offensive schemes are pretty advanced and require a capable arm and brain.  and in all seriousness there are plenty of texas high school quarterbacks that can run their offenses better than dak could in 2019.  he would play mike LB at highland park, southlake, allen, and others.  the fact he’s about to make $30MM a year as a quarterback makes me question the existence of God. 

"Can't throw"

Looks at stats...over 3,000 yards, 24 TD's and a 2-1 TD/INT ratio against NFL defenses.  We also saw him "push the ball" and "spread it around to multiple WR's" many, many times. We also know the offense is NOT a passing offense, and they don't ask him to do much, but that does not mean he can't, and he has proven that he CAN multiple times. 

There's also that little thing he does called winning.  And yes QB wins is vastly overrated, and the QB gets way too much credit for winning and losing game...you can't deny what he brings to the team and position.

But yep, CAN'T throw.

Will Sean Lee play for the Cowboys in 2019??
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/13/report-sean-lee-has-decided-he-wants-to-play-in-2019/
Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said last month that there is “no one we would have to have back more” than Lee. But Lee is scheduled to make $7 million in base salary and count $10.1 million against the salary cap.
That’s expensive for a now-backup linebacker who missed nine games last season and has missed 51 in his nine-year career.  The Cowboys can save $7 million against their cap by cutting Lee.

There is no doubt they should let Lee go. He can’t stay healthy and they are pretty set at linebacker. They could use a late round pick on someone for depth if necessary.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, futureman said:

you accuse me of trolling but Dak can’t throw.  he is flat out incapable of spreading the ball around to open receivers and pushing the ball downfield.  he’s a check down champion and that is the sole reason for his respectable completion percentage.  that is a fact and not up for debate.  

in all seriousness some of the texas high school offensive schemes are pretty advanced and require a capable arm and brain.  and in all seriousness there are plenty of texas high school quarterbacks that can run their offenses better than dak could in 2019.  he would play mike LB at highland park, southlake, allen, and others.  the fact he’s about to make $30MM a year as a quarterback makes me question the existence of God. 

Lulz. You shouldn’t use the phrase, “In all seriousness”. 

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

"Can't throw"

Looks at stats...over 3,000 yards, 24 TD's and a 2-1 TD/INT ratio against NFL defenses.  We also saw him "push the ball" and "spread it around to multiple WR's" many, many times. We also know the offense is NOT a passing offense, and they don't ask him to do much, but that does not mean he can't, and he has proven that he CAN multiple times. 

There's also that little thing he does called winning.  And yes QB wins is vastly overrated, and the QB gets way too much credit for winning and losing game...you can't deny what he brings to the team and position.

But yep, CAN'T throw.

troy aikman was in less of a passing offense than dak.  dak should never be mentioned in the same breath as troy other than to say “holy shit, this scrub dak prescott is playing qb for the cowboys. can you believe that someone who sucks that bad could play the same position as troy aikman?”

you parrot the same shit everyone else does.  completion % (checkdowns) and winning % (thanks, zeke and defense).  I’m not trolling. I acknowledge that my stance is long game because it will take another few years of crushing embarrassment and 8-8 seasons for everyone to come around and apologize to me for thinking dak could get the job done.  but when it happens I won’t gloat.  

Not one did I say completion %, and guess what...wins do matter.  Hard to give Rodgers and Brady credit for winning, and then in the same breath give everyone but Dak credit for winning.  If you think some Scrub with this wins that many games, then you forgot 2015, which isn't surprising, since you're just trolling anyways.

39 minutes ago, Drew said:

guess what...wins do matter.  Hard to give Rodgers and Brady credit for winning, and then in the same breath give everyone but Dak credit for winning.  

rodgers and brady win games with their arms.  see rodgers v cowboys in the playoffs, january 2017.  see tom brady’s career.  dak’s winning percentage has happened in spite of him.  you’re a fucking moron, drew.

You think all those come back wins happen because of the Defense? Or Zeke?

Hell the only reason they're down at all is because the offense is designed to be so anemic for 3 quarters or until they're down, because they're protecting leads.

You ever notice what happens when they go into a 4 minute or 2 minute offense?  They start moving the ball well.  They won several game this year based on Dak's leading the team down the field...but you wouldn't notice that because you're too focused on Mike White eating a hot dog.