Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah man that defense sure was on display the last quarter of the season. Lmao. That was the most pathetic display of defense I have ever seen last week. Giving up almost 300 yards on the ground and half of it was to some out of work bum? Defense still isn't there. They reverted back to sucking.

After they had to carry the team to wins by going balls out for that 5 game winning streak they were out of gas. Which is why not resting them in a meaningless week 17 game may be the dumbest thing Garrett has ever done. They rose up at home against Seattle but had nothing left in LA

troy aikman broke it down on the ticket a couple days ago.  we’re committed to the run and when we can run, we’re good.  but when teams sell out to stop the run and succeed in stopping it, our quarterback play is unacceptable and basement level.  simply put, dak is fucking horseshit.

dak won’t ever do anything great.  he’s an average player whose arrow is pointing down.  he was never better than in his rookie year and that was only because of the dominant OL and zeke carrying us to wins.  all this team needs is a capable quarterback.  doesn’t have to be great; just a capable quarterback.  

and that’s from troy aikman, who knows exponentially more about this than all of you fuckwits combined.  fight me. 

Edited by futureman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, futureman said:

troy aikman broke it down on the ticket a couple days ago.  we’re committed to the run and when we can run, we’re good.  but when teams sell out to stop the run and succeed in stopping it, our quarterback play is unacceptable and basement level.  simply put, dak is fucking horseshit.

dak won’t ever do anything great.  he’s an average player whose arrow is pointing down.  he was never better than in his rookie year and that was only because of the dominant OL and zeke carrying us to wins.  all this team needs is a capable quarterback.  doesn’t have to be great; just a capable quarterback.  

and that’s from troy aikman, who knows exponentially more about this than all of you fuckwits combined.  fight me. 

giphy.gif

This Troy Aikman?

Aikman went on to say he doesn't know if "there's a more solid individual" than Prescott in the NFL and pointed to his ability to win games late as a reason that sets him a part from other franchise quarterbacks.

"He's a great leader, he's everything you'd want him to be," Aikman explained. "I think that he has shown an ability to win games late.

"That's a quality not everybody has and he's shown to have that even in games when he has not necessarily played his best and I think that's the greatest quality. It inspires his teammates. It lets them know that no matter what's happening in the game that they can come back and win and they've done it. 

Hmmm.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Underdog said:

There’s Atlanta and I can’t think of the other one. 

What I was asking is according to the Patrick Bateman post above, was his 2nd post season game winning drive an overtime win. I assume it must have been since he only has 1 fourth quarter post season comeback win (which I think you answered-Atlanta). Thanks!

2 hours ago, futureman said:

So just to be clear, do you like Dak or not? It’s hard to tell by your repetitive ass posts. 

Jesus fucking Christ. I think we all know where you stand. I bet you still think childs should starts.

• Haha 1

On a different note, Dane Brugler brought up an interesting point about the direction that we might go in the draft. I think we’re underselling how big a need corner is. With everyone that we have to resign, are we going to be able to match the offers that Byron Jones is going to get? He had an impressive first half of the year, but reverted back to the mean a little bit as the season went on. It’s frustrating because he was playing out of position for 4 of the 5 years we had him under contract. Now we have evidence of what he could be...in a contract year. 

Chido is fine, and honestly had a little bad luck this year. Anthony brown is going into a contract year next year, and jourdan Lewis just isn’t the type of corner that Kris Richard likes. The fact that he can’t beat out Anthony brown says a lot about both guys, to be honest. Either way, that is as much of a potential weak link on this defense as safety is. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

giphy.gif

This Troy Aikman?

Hmmm.....

troy likes dak and as such he’s always been diplomatic with his criticism.  obviously you didn’t hear the segment so you can’t understand the gravity of his words.  troy fully understands dak can’t get it done.  I’m sorry it hurts you and so many others to hear people with so much more knowledge (troy, myself, et al) denigrate your quarterback.  you’re like a beaten wife who feels comfortable with 8-8.  mediocre offense is comforting to you.  sub-standard quarterbacking is comforting to you.  I won’t apologize for wanting competency at the position. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So just to be clear, do you like Dak or not? It’s hard to tell by your repetitive ass posts. 

no I don’t like below average quarterbacks who can’t throw the ball.  how fucking stupid are you that you can’t see that.  I say it every goddamn day you dense fuck. 

58 minutes ago, futureman said:

no I don’t like below average quarterbacks who can’t throw the ball.  how fucking stupid are you that you can’t see that.  I say it every goddamn day you dense fuck. 

Sounds like you should probably stop being a cowboys fan then. Because odds are, like it or not, he’s going to be our starting qb for AT LEAST the next 5 or 6 years. So unless your plan is to beat a dead horse every fucking day for the next 6 years, we all know where you stand. Like, what is your end goal when you come in here to bitch multiple times a day? To get us to see it your way? We’re not the ones that have control over this shit lol. It’s just wasted energy. I can’t imagine what you’re like in your everyday life. Think about how much time you’ve spent going out of your way to tell us how you feel about Dak? That’s time you’ll never get back.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Sounds like you should probably stop being a cowboys fan then. Because odds are, like it or not, he’s going to be our starting qb for AT LEAST the next 5 or 6 years. So unless your plan is to beat a dead horse every fucking day for the next 6 years, we all know where you stand. Like, what is your end goal when you come in here to bitch multiple times a day? To get us to see it your way? We’re not the ones that have control over this shit lol. It’s just wasted energy. I can’t imagine what you’re like in your everyday life. 

classic beaten wife.  8-8 is like a warm blanket on christmas morning to you. 

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

classic beaten wife.  8-8 is like a warm blanket on christmas morning to you. 

Haha wtf does that even mean. And who talks like that. “8-8 is like a warm blanket on Christmas morning to you” lol. 

You never answered my question. What is your end goal. To convince us you’re right? To troll? I just don’t understand what you’re going for. And i realize I’m just feeding the troll right now, so that’s my bad. It’s like I’m talking to an NPC in a video game that can only say 10 variations of the same thing.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

troy likes dak and as such he’s always been diplomatic with his criticism.  obviously you didn’t hear the segment so you can’t understand the gravity of his words.  troy fully understands dak can’t get it done.  I’m sorry it hurts you and so many others to hear people with so much more knowledge (troy, myself, et al) denigrate your quarterback.  you’re like a beaten wife who feels comfortable with 8-8.  mediocre offense is comforting to you.  sub-standard quarterbacking is comforting to you.  I won’t apologize for wanting competency at the position. 

200w.gif

to me Dak is all about how much you pay him and use him.  if they don't push him to run then he's not worth keeping unless the contract is really right.  if you want a drop back passer you need to keep looking, while you keep him.  He seems to have his head on straight and I don't think anyone questions the work he puts in, so that is worth something as well.

Personally I think this all stems from the year without Romo before Dak when we had something like 6 different has been/never were QBs start and they were all clusterfucks.

we think we could go back to the dark ages again if we don't sign Dak because we finally have, at the least, an average NFL QB not named Romo.

Edited by dcar00
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fellside said:

This might sound crazy, but I honestly think Tim Beck would be a good hire for the Cowboys.  As much as we shit on him last year, even his style would be groundbreaking for the Cowboys.  And I think he'd groom Dak well.

Tim Beck sucks at calling plays, and his best skill (recruiting) would be useless. I'm not sure how he would be a fit at OC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fellside said:

This might sound crazy, but I honestly think Tim Beck would be a good hire for the Cowboys.  As much as we shit on him last year, even his style would be groundbreaking for the Cowboys.  And I think he'd groom Dak well.

For what?  A college OC who got his playcalling stripped from him.  What in the world would you want him hired for?  QB coach?  Because it ain't gonna be OC.

2 minutes ago, fellside said:

Yeah I’d rather not lol. The way Ehlinger took a step forward this year, it’s probably best that we ride that one out until he gets drafted 

6 minutes ago, fellside said:

Him and Shawn Watson as Co-OCs would be a nice tandem for Dallas.