Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Thank God he already has another job (or supposed to be hired by Cards)..... What a fucking terrible choice he'd be.  He's worse than Linehan.

He actually was responsible for some of Stafford's best production POST Linehan until the new head coach they hired last year decided he hates offense.

Man the offense can, and does work.  Just the predictability and some formation combinations don't.  As long as this guy doesn't run QB roll outs on the first play after half time, and run right up the middle on 1st down, or 2nd down after an incompletion...and doesn't run right into a bear front on 4th and inches, it'll automatically be an improvement.

12 minutes ago, DougO said:

He'll probably just promote the WR coach, or worse, Kellen Moore.

If it's anyone internal, it would the TE coach, Doug Nussmeier.  That would be another poor decision.  He was a middling college OC at a lot of big schools.  Moore probably getting his resume together today.

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I will temper my excitement until I see who they bring in to replace him... and how much freedom they give him to really make changes in the offense. 

It doesn’t have to be an innovative offensive mind. Just someone with common sense. Dak needs to be on the move more. Whether that’s run/pass options, full on designed runs, or all of the above. Think about the best throws of Dak’s career. Beasley to win the game, and Gallup in the 2nd half of the rams game. Both across his body. Stop trying to put a fucking square peg into a round hole and I think you COULD see Dak take the next step. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DougO said:

He'll probably just promote the WR coach, or worse, Kellen Moore.

Well there's a terrifying thought.

On a completely unrelated point, I read a Cowboy-related trivia factoid today. When the fucking Eagles won the Super Bowl last year, that made the NFC East the only division where every team has won at least one Super Bowl. 

22 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I will temper my excitement until I see who they bring in to replace him... and how much freedom they give him to really make changes in the offense. 

this Never underestimate Jerruh's ability to make things worse.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It doesn’t have to be an innovative offensive mind. Just someone with common sense. Dak needs to be on the move more. Whether that’s run/pass options, full on designed runs, or all of the above. Think about the best throws of Dak’s career. Beasley to win the game, and Gallup in the 2nd half of the rams game. Both across his body. Stop trying to put a fucking square peg into a round hole and I think you COULD see Dak take the next step. 

Fucking this.  Let Dak run more, and for the love of god don't just run a bunch of Hitch Routes and Curls every damn passing play.

44 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Thank God he already has another job (or supposed to be hired by Cards)..... What a fucking terrible choice he'd be.  He's worse than Linehan.

KK is the de facto OC there. Cooter was hired to help KK's image as a ladies' man. "I'm not gay! NTTIAWWT!!!! I hired a guy named Cooter ... 'cuz I like cooter!"

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Anyone want Todd Haley for OC?

Be okay with it.  He's a major asshole though and not sure how he and Dak would mesh.  But he's had success multiple places. 

See.... this is where the Jones' are massive failures.  We generally don't have success with family tree recycles at the coordinator spot.  Look at Kris Richard and copy it.  Go outside of the "family" and branch out.... Why would James Coley get consideration?  These names should be ignored.

• Like 1

Be okay with it.  He's a major asshole though and not sure how he and Dak would mesh.  But he's had success multiple places. 
See.... this is where the Jones' are massive failures.  We generally don't have success with family tree recycles at the coordinator spot.  Look at Kris Richard and copy it.  Go outside of the "family" and branch out.... Why would James Coley get consideration?  These names should be ignored.

Haley would argue with Garrett constantly. They are polar opposites. If someone like Haley is hired, you would know Garrett did not have a say in it. Which to me would be great.

Also, I want every one of Linehans assistants given the boot. No need for them here. Especially Kellen Moore. We better not promote from within with this tired, stale staff. We need new voices.

According to Rappaport’s tweet, I’m way off base with my above post. Haley is intriguing. He’s a good coach with an explosive personality that rubs players and coaches the wrong way. I would not mind him rubbing Jerry and Garrett the wrong way. Not the players though. 
Wasn't that how Parcells was? An asshole who rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. It can work if you show results. Parcells changed the losing culture we were building. Although he had no postseason success.. He ignited a fire in this organization. That needs to be done with this offense.

The same as when the Rams wanted to do away with Jeff Fisher. Jason Garrett is even less accomplished version of Fisher.

56 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Jason Garrett is even less accomplished version of Fisher.

Only marginally so. Take 1999 away from Fisher and he's 2-5 all-time in the playoffs -- in 22 seasons. If not for the "Music City Miracle" the '99 Titans are one-and-done that year. Fisher has an aggy-esque all-time winning percentage of .512 and a losing record in each of his last six seasons. Conversely, Garrett has ONE losing season in his coaching career and that's despite dealing with the dysfunction that is the Cowboys organization. Fisher had complete autonomy through most of his tenures with the Oilers/Titans and Rams.

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

KK is the de facto OC there. Cooter was hired to help KK's image as a ladies' man. "I'm not gay! NTTIAWWT!!!! I hired a guy named Cooter ... 'cuz I like cooter!"

And he still hasn't taken a job. It's certainly conceivable that one reason for that could be that he's been talking to the Cowboys behind the scenes.

5 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Wait, so is Jerry officially admitting that there aren't many similarities between the Cowboys and Rams offense like he stupidly spouted earlier in the season?

The main similarity is that they both know the Cowboys defense better than any other team...well, except maybe Seattle.

48 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

If they promote kellen Moore to OC I will hold you personally responsible and you will be held accountable, oh yes...

I think they promote that Michigan guy who had like 7 TDS in one season. Basically I will hold you responsible for any decisions that are made. Lol. Good talk Russ

2 hours ago, Big Frog II said:

They need to fire everybody.  Jason is not going to ever win a Super Bowl as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.  Unfortunately Jerry is too senile to see this.

Dude didn't you hear Jerry? Even Landry had his failures before he won it all. Trust the process!

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I swear to God, Garrett is the one who called the stupid fuck play on 4th and 1. He's a fucking moron. He got lucky against mediocre teams and Zeke and Dak bailed his ass out, but when it came to the Rams, his brain short-circuited. He made the stupidest fucking call of the entire 2018 season. Dumb bastard.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 2

I swear to God, Garrett is the one who called the stupid fuck play on 4th and 1. He's a fucking moron. He got lucky against mediocre teams and Zeke and Dak bailed his ass out, but when it came to the Rams, his brain short-circuited. He made the stupidest fucking call of the entire 2018 season. Dumb bastard.
Agreed. He's stubborn as a mule. And he can't adjust. All night they stuffed our run. Big time. And that was a long yard to get. You don't turn around and hand it off 5 yards behind the line to gain that long yard. They had 9 guys stuffed in the box. After we moved motioned Brown in. That made it even more congested. Any coach with a pulse does some sort of bootleg or something outside. If Dak fakes it up the middle and takes off outside, he might score. Play action pass might score. Fucking anything besides a slow run to Zeke into the teeth of their defense.