2019 Texas Softball - Connie's overboard, Anchors Aweigh!

TrashMaster G

17 minutes ago, torre said:

Hopefully,  we will be there in the near future.

Talked to an OU fan during their April visit.   They have a waiting list for season tickets.

Yeah, well.....

OU Softball is the best game in town in the spring.  Texas still suffers from there being 10,000 things to do on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday in Austin. 

And they've won 3 of the last 6 championships.  That turns out folks. 

A&M's Baylee Klingler (yes, that Klingler) is in the portal. 

UH is probably where she would end up, but Mike should pursue if she wants a program that can get her to OKC and still be close to home. 

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

UH is probably where she would end up, but Mike should pursue if she wants a program that can get her to OKC and still be close to home. 

Reason she's leaving aggy??

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

She’s leaving because she wants to win and play in the WCWS. She is also in the Team USA pool of players so she has to keep her game sharp and name relevant. None of the above is happening at aTm.  From what I was told, here is her top 3 in order...

Washington

OU

Texas

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Go get her Mike!

Is she good defensively??  Where in infield??

Baylee Klingler 2018-19

8BAYLEE KLINGLER
  • HEIGHT.      5-8
  • CLASS.          Freshman
  • HIGH SCHOOL....  Dickinson
  • HOMETOWN...   Dickinson, Texas

Biography

• 2019 SEC All-Freshman Team
2019 (FRESHMAN): Started all 55 games in her first season in Aggieland ... Posted a .289 batting average with five home runs, seven doubles and 29 RBI ... Batted .280 in SEC action with a team-best five home runs and 16 RBI ... Recorded 11 multi-hit games ... Belted her first career home run to propel the Aggies to victory against No. 10 LSU (3/10) ... Went 4-for-4 with five RBI and a homer at Auburn (3/15) ... Slugged the fifth homer of her career at No. 11 Tennessee, plating three runs (5/5).

Previous Athletic Background: Four-year letterwinner at Dickinson High School under Timi Radicioni … an Under Armor All-American, MaxPreps All-American and FloSoftball All-American … posted a .569 career batting average and .638 OBP with 31 home runs, 18 triples, 41 doubles and 144 RBI … ranked as the No. 4 recruit in the 2018 class by FloSoftball and No. 5 by Extra Inning Softball … led the USA Junior Women’s National Team to the gold medal at the 2017 WBSC Junior World Championship, where they defeated Japan, 13-4, in the championship game ... during the tournament, batted .393 with 10 runs scored, two home runs and 12 RBI … hit .500 at the World Cup of Softball XII with a home run and six RBI … member of the All-State team as a junior and senior… named the 2018 Galveston County Offensive MVP … a two-time Galveston County Female Athlete of the Year Finalist … earned First Team All-Galveston County honors all four years… a four-time First Team All-District honoree … nominated Dickinson High School MVP in 2017 and the Offensive MVP in 2015 and 2016 … played club ball for Texas Impact Gold … recognized as the 2018 Louisville Slugger Hit Club MVP … named to the PGF Nationals All-Tournament Team in 2018 ... also lettered in volleyball four times, earning First Team All-District and All-Galveston County honors.
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 11:47 PM, LTtxfan said:

Is she good defensively??  Where in infield??

Baylee Klingler 2018-19

8BAYLEE KLINGLER
  • HEIGHT.      5-8
  • CLASS.          Freshman
  • HIGH SCHOOL....  Dickinson
  • HOMETOWN...   Dickinson, Texas

Biography

• 2019 SEC All-Freshman Team
2019 (FRESHMAN): Started all 55 games in her first season in Aggieland ... Posted a .289 batting average with five home runs, seven doubles and 29 RBI ... Batted .280 in SEC action with a team-best five home runs and 16 RBI ... Recorded 11 multi-hit games ... Belted her first career home run to propel the Aggies to victory against No. 10 LSU (3/10) ... Went 4-for-4 with five RBI and a homer at Auburn (3/15) ... Slugged the fifth homer of her career at No. 11 Tennessee, plating three runs (5/5).

Previous Athletic Background: Four-year letterwinner at Dickinson High School under Timi Radicioni … an Under Armor All-American, MaxPreps All-American and FloSoftball All-American … posted a .569 career batting average and .638 OBP with 31 home runs, 18 triples, 41 doubles and 144 RBI … ranked as the No. 4 recruit in the 2018 class by FloSoftball and No. 5 by Extra Inning Softball … led the USA Junior Women’s National Team to the gold medal at the 2017 WBSC Junior World Championship, where they defeated Japan, 13-4, in the championship game ... during the tournament, batted .393 with 10 runs scored, two home runs and 12 RBI … hit .500 at the World Cup of Softball XII with a home run and six RBI … member of the All-State team as a junior and senior… named the 2018 Galveston County Offensive MVP … a two-time Galveston County Female Athlete of the Year Finalist … earned First Team All-Galveston County honors all four years… a four-time First Team All-District honoree … nominated Dickinson High School MVP in 2017 and the Offensive MVP in 2015 and 2016 … played club ball for Texas Impact Gold … recognized as the 2018 Louisville Slugger Hit Club MVP … named to the PGF Nationals All-Tournament Team in 2018 ... also lettered in volleyball four times, earning First Team All-District and All-Galveston County honors.

Is she good?

For those that knew Hal from his time taking care of the softball fields I share some sad news. He’s been going through hell but he’s fighting it like a champ.
http://www.gofundme.com/helping-hal-mcclelland-fight-cancer?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, 4th_and_18 said:

For those that knew Hal from his time taking care of the softball fields I share some sad news. He’s been going through hell but he’s fighting it like a champ.
http://www.gofundme.com/helping-hal-mcclelland-fight-cancer?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting  !

There is not a more dedicated employee in the UT System than Hal.    Great person and a perfectionist in his craft.   Donations encouraged.

Thoughts and prayers to Hal and his family.   

19 hours ago, Js1 said:

Best in the future to both !

Romero is a mystery considering her ranking in high school.     Much respect for the dignity she demonstrated this year.   Public persona was being a great teammate under adverse circumstances.

Hope Hoelker is able to continue her education at Texas or a reputable university. (Advertising Major).

Was a standout student at Billy Ryan H.S., serving as the valedictorian with memberships in the National Honor Society, National English Honor Society, National Freshman Honor Society and Mu Alpha Theta while also earning 2018 Academic All-State accolades.

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8921

Awesome news! Has anyone heard any news or rumors on any incoming transfers? I sure would like to see Alexis Mack come here and possibly Chardonnay Harris to be a nice left handed compliment to Miranda. Dont really know of any infielders that might be available. Looks like OSU picked up a good one in the transfer from Virginia.

Rumor Schattle and Espinosa are transferring.

We have 4, maybe 5 pitchers for next year 

Elish - SR

Adams - JR *

Shea - SO

Green - FR

Day - FR

* Rumor Adams may also leave 

nothing new in terms of transfers in except Klinger is looking at us. I hear Mack is SEC bound? We don’t need an OF, we need 2 more INF to push Burke and Rhodes back to the OF with Hathaway. Maybe see Tedder back in the INF 

I hope they can pull Klingler in. I took my daughter to watch a couple of the Florida/A&M games and she put on a show with her glove. I saw on another site that someone mentioned Payton Buresch from James Madison as someone they would like to see come in, but I don't know anything about her. 

She's a pitcher. 

2018 - 18-5, 1.96 ERA, 39 appearances, 23 games started, 9 CG, 2 saves, 153.2 IP, 90 K / 46 BB
2019 - 6-1, 1.64 ERA, 19 appearances, 4 games started, 2 CG, 3 saves, 47 IP, 31 K / 13 BB

She went from 2nd in the rotation to 3rd behind Odicci Alexander this year. That is a significant decrease in workload. I can see why she's transferring.  She'd be 3rd behind Elish/Shea and fighting against Mike's chosen pitching recruit Grace Green.  Not sure Texas is the best spot for her unless Green is not fully healed from her senior year injury. 

If, at a minimum, we can get Klinger, I'd shuffle up the defense to:

C - Iakopo/Ellsworth
1B - ??
2B - Jefferson
SS - Klingler
3B - Tedder (she played 59 games at 3B as a freshman) 
OF - Rhodes/Burke/Hathaway

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

She's a pitcher. 

2018 - 18-5, 1.96 ERA, 39 appearances, 23 games started, 9 CG, 2 saves, 153.2 IP, 90 K / 46 BB
2019 - 6-1, 1.64 ERA, 19 appearances, 4 games started, 2 CG, 3 saves, 47 IP, 31 K / 13 BB

She went from 2nd in the rotation to 3rd behind Odicci Alexander this year. That is a significant decrease in workload. I can see why she's transferring.  She'd be 3rd behind Elish/Shea and fighting against Mike's chosen pitching recruit Grace Green.  Not sure Texas is the best spot for her unless Green is not fully healed from her senior year injury. 

If, at a minimum, we can get Klinger, I'd shuffle up the defense to:

C - Iakopo/Ellsworth
1B - ??
2B - Jefferson
SS - Klingler
3B - Tedder (she played 59 games at 3B as a freshman) 
OF - Rhodes/Burke/Hathaway

Agree on moving Burke and Rhodes to OF ideally, but if we have no one at 1B, I'm ok with Burke there.  She's serviceable there, but not great.  We have to find someone else at 3B though besides Rhodes.  She has a strong bat but is a liability in the IF.

Edited by bschoolprof

Wonder if we might consider working Elish, Iakopo and Ellsworth at first base.  If they are willing, bet we could come up with at least 2 of them to become very serviceable and effective first baseman.  This would allow for some good position rotation and for designated player rotation.