USMNT 2019

Napoleon

59 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Back to Mexico? Not sure it's the MLS' fault that he's lacking technical ability. 

It's a big fish in a small pond thing. You don't have to refine your skills when you're an unquestioned starter in an inferior league. Liga MX is a better league than MLS.

4 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

It's a big fish in a small pond thing. You don't have to refine your skills when you're an unquestioned starter in an inferior league. Liga MX is a better league than MLS.

Eh, it's close and the gap is shrinking. You can look up the average market values of players and teams. My point is that I doubt going from MLS to Mexico is going to be the answer for him. 

Now I would never disagree that he would be tested more in Europe. That's a given. 

USA, USA, USA- We're #22!!!!

1. Belgium 2. Brazil 3. France 4. England 5. Uruguay 6. Portugal 7. Croatia 8. Colombia 9. Spain 10. Argentina 11. Switzerland 12. Mexico 13. Denmark 14. Chile 15. Germany 16. Italy 16. Netherlands 18. Sweden 19. Peru 20. Poland 20. Senegal 22. USA 23. Iran 24. Wales 25. Ukraine

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usmnt-surge-latest-fifa-world-115627679.html

Chris Gloster and Sebastian Soto were on the bench for relegated Hannover 96's opening game of the 2019-20 German 2. Bundesliga season, a 2-1 loss at VfB Stuttgart.

I'm okay with Gloster toiling in a 2nd division.  But not Soto.  He needs to GTFO lickitysplit.  Leicester need strikers.  Soccer gods make it so.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, JimmyHoffa said:

USA, USA, USA- We're #22!!!!

1. Belgium 2. Brazil 3. France 4. England 5. Uruguay 6. Portugal 7. Croatia 8. Colombia 9. Spain 10. Argentina 11. Switzerland 12. Mexico 13. Denmark 14. Chile 15. Germany 16. Italy 16. Netherlands 18. Sweden 19. Peru 20. Poland 20. Senegal 22. USA 23. Iran 24. Wales 25. Ukraine

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usmnt-surge-latest-fifa-world-115627679.html

Look out Senegal!

mexico Fri, Sep 6, 2019 8:30 PM
MetLife Stadium: East Rutherford, NJ
Link: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/ussoccer/EN/link/promotion/home/bff86f3cc9c6c6dcb6a0f6f9e148af088980d01a
Code: sammers

Uruguay tuesday 10 September St. Louis 7pm

http://click.email.ussoccer.com/?qs=314c3209e4f937b423662befb2bd6ea0d8689352dd623272bd3c812cc79e007113c7bd4f8aa995a72fd96176914a8f09

code: S1TEAM

Sammers tix for St. Louis doubtful, use the fed link

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He basically just scored 3 goals for them in one half of play. 

21 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Not a bad half of work. 

A nice little Wednesday wrapping up for him.

He might even have enough time to go by Bed, Bath & Beyond, I don’t know. I don’t know if he’ll have enough time. 

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

A nice little Wednesday wrapping up for him.

He might even have enough time to go by Bed, Bath & Beyond, I don’t know. I don’t know if he’ll have enough time. 

He can probably do the Bed, maybe the Bath. Doubt he has time for Beyond on a night like this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Eh, I think the passes from Barkley and Pedro played a bit of a role. Great game for him so far though.

I mean, he still scored the goals. And I think a penalty kick has a higher conversion rate than either of the finishes he made do. 

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

I swear to fucking God Berhalter. 

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Btw the player he megged is Everton defender Michael Keane - who has a transfer value of 50 million 

Berhalter was a lead-footed defender, so perhaps he didn’t want to watch Josh shine against lead-footed defenders in the Gold Cup. He empathized with the defenders for potential highlight reel gaffes. 

18 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Between now and qualifying we just need to make a commitment to the young guys and let them grow together. Sargent, Weah, Pulisic, McKinnie, Adams (if he's healthy) and Pomykal. Make it happen. 

People should have made this point 20 months ago!!

We’ve wasted 20...

...oh. Yeah. I remember now.

• Like 1

Less than 13 months until matchday 1 of the HEX.  First match is August 31, 2020.

Gregggg really needs to start bringing in a consistent 13-15 outfield players, along with a couple guys for looks.

Im fine with Jozy be the first option at striker.  I think this younger group fits him better than the last couple of cycles.   But when he gets tire or injured, the first guy coming in should be Sargent.

As for the mids and wings, Pulisic, McKennie, Adams,  are starting every match, probably Weah too.  The other spot or two rotate.  We just need solid guys who understand their roles, can defend and run.  Lots of options there.

Defenders, Brooks & Yedlin are locks....after that?   I feel like finding someone competent to match with Brooks will happen, there are options just need one to step up and grab the spot.  Zimmerman, CCV, EPB, etc...   The outside backs I am a bit worried about.

Edited by Ted Lange

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Less than 13 months until matchday 1 of the HEX.  First match is August 31, 2020.

Gregggg really needs to start bringing in a consistent 13-15 outfield players, along with a couple guys for looks.

Im fine with Jozy be the first option at striker.  I think this younger group fits him better than the last couple of cycles.   But when he gets tire or injured, the first guy coming in should be Sargent.

As for the mids and wings, Pulisic, McKennie, Adams,  are starting every match, probably Weah too.  The other spot or two rotate.  We just need solid guys who understand their roles, can defend and run.  Lots of options there.

Defenders, Brooks & Yedlin are locks....after that?   I feel like finding someone competent to match with Brooks will happen, there are options just need one to step up and grab the spot.  Zimmerman, CCV, EPB, etc...   The outside backs I am a bit worried about.

Don't we have the kid at Everton (I think he might be on loan at Wigan)? Not sure what happened to him. There was also the post at the top of this page about Dest at Ajax who seems intriguing. I just don't want to see Tim Ream suit up for the USMNT again.