USMNT 2019

Napoleon

Refs were trash but who gives a shit. We have 2 players that consistently show up and one of them couldn't* even play in this tournament. We might have more than 2 but Berhalter is too much of an MLS dick sucker bitch to try and figure that out. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:

Bradley got worked all day....im fine if thats his last game

8 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I hope this is Bradley’s last tournament.  What the actual fuck was that.

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

hopefully, this is the last 3 minutes of michael bradley's national team career.

Spoiler

it's not

9 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I'm hoping one of you who really understands the game breaks down our team and how we can't find better skilled players than Altidore or Bradley over the last 9 years.

In all reality, Altidore just can’t finish.  He’s decent at hold up play, distributes the ball well for a forward, he just can’t finish.  And we don’t have talent like Messi who can key off that and is a deadly finisher.  Everyone wants Sargent to play but in all reality his style doesn’t really suit our better players either.

Bradley is something else.  He’s a complete defensive liability and is so magnificently inconsistent that it’s really unexplainable.  I’d rather have anyone else but him playing that spot at this point.  That give away in the 89th minute is a microcosm or why he shouldn’t be playing, let alone the Mexican coach basically telling his team to attack Bradley for the first 35 minutes of the second half so they could control possession and press through the midfield.  

Its inexcusable that Berhalter did nothing about it until that late in the game.  

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I'm hoping one of you who really understands the game breaks down our team and how we can't find better skilled players than Altidore or Bradley over the last 9 years.

The story begins with the creation of single-entity by mark abbott, lamar hunt, bob kraft and phil anschutz in october, 1994.

25 years later, the pyramid remains inverted.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

In all reality, Altidore just can’t finish.  He’s decent at hold up play, distributes the ball well for a forward, he just can’t finish.  And we don’t have talent like Messi who can key off that and is a deadly finisher.  Everyone wants Sargent to play but in all reality his style doesn’t really suit our better players either.

Bradley is something else.  He’s a complete defensive liability and is so magnificently inconsistent that it’s really unexplainable.  I’d rather have anyone else but him playing that spot at this point.  That give in the 89th minute is a microcosm or why he shouldn’t be playing, let alone the Mexican coach basically telling his team to attack Bradley for the first 35 minutes of the second half so they could control possession and press through the midfield.  

Its inexcusable that Berhalter did nothing about it until that late in the game.  

Sargent is 19. Altidore is 29 and has the injury history of a 39 year old. Who gives a fuck if his style doesn't suit our better players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

That was a really poor job of coaching in the 2nd half.  GB does know that you can move a player (CP) around to get him the ball, yes?  And Lovitz as the final sub?

Can’t agree more. Why not Boyd? We needed someone who can create a shot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Everything I know about soccer I learned by watching kids play, which at this point gets me to 15 year-olds. 

Man, Michael Bradley is a piece of shit.

Go out to any city park anywhere on a Sunday, good chance there's a bunch of Mexicans out there playing soccer.  They like soccer

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sargent is 19. Altidore is 29 and has the injury history of a 39 year old. Who gives a fuck if his style doesn't suit our better players. 

Sargent has played 10 games and scored 2 goals at Major club level.

Sargent has scored 2 in 7 as a member of the men’s national team.

Im not saying he won’t be better in the long term but you’re comparing Apples to Volkswagens.

Team played better today--and for most of the tournament--than I expected. Admittedly, however, those expectations were extremely low after our final two tune-up friendlies.

U.S. problem right now is a midfield that cannot win--or keep--possession. Lack of a true striker hurts, too. Hopefully, both issues will be addressed as more and more youth gets incorporated into the lineup. (Guessing that this was the last hurrah for the likes of Altidore, Zardes, Bradley, etc.)

Also--and I've beaten this horse for years--the best way to defend the U.S. is with high pressure. Too many of our guys simply aren't comfortable in possession when closely marked. Tobin Heath and Rose Lavelle have more technical ability than a majority of the USMNT roster, and I write that without irony or exaggeration.

Was encouraged from what I saw of Cannon and McKennie. Steffen is solid. Long, Miazga, and Arriola are serviceable, not great. But there is more young talent out there and hopefully whoever in charge will put together a better, more cohesive roster once the qualification cycle begins.

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Sargent has played 10 games and scores 2 goals at Major club level.

Im not saying he won’t be better in the long term but you’re comparing Apples to Volkswagens.

Logic like this is why Michael Bradley is still getting 90 minutes in finals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Team played better today--and for most of the tournament--than I expected. Admittedly, however, those expectations were extremely low after our final two tune-up friendlies.

U.S. problem right now is a midfield that cannot win--or keep--possession. Lack of a true striker hurts, too. Hopefully, both issues will be addressed as more and more youth gets incorporated into the lineup. (Guessing that this was the last hurrah for the likes of Altidore, Zardes, Bradley, etc.)

Also--and I've beaten this horse for years--the best way to defend the U.S. is with high pressure. Too many of our guys simply aren't comfortable in possession when closely marked. Tobin Heath and Rose Lavelle have more technical ability than a majority of the USMNT roster, and I write that without irony or exaggeration.

Was encouraged from what I saw of Cannon and McKennie. Steffen is solid. Long, Miazga, and Arriola are serviceable, not great. But there is more young talent out there and hopefully whoever in charge will put together a better, more cohesive roster once the qualification cycle begins.

Agree with this.  Let's fix this midfield, and realize we are going to have some failures as we try new blood. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Logic like this is why Michael Bradley is still getting 90 minutes in finals. 

No, your line of thought is why we don’t win shit.  I’ve been bitching about Bradley this entire time.  Stop purposely being ignorant.

You can throw dogshit against a wall and call it the Mona Lisa.  

We have a fantastic track record of really poor coaching hires.  Bitch about the right things.  

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Yeah. I agree and honestly wasn't high on us even making the final, and part of me thinks that with a healthy Adams we beat Mexico. 

It just sucks so much dick losing to them in the one of the only meaningful CONCACAF games we ever play. 

2 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Go out to any city park anywhere on a Sunday, good chance there's a bunch of Mexicans out there playing soccer.  They like soccer

If yall listen to Pardon My Take podcast, Tim Howard was interviewed and said this same thing. Other places around the world play soccer as a way out to make money. The US uses soccer for parents who have enough money to put their kids in a league. 

1 minute ago, TexasMan said:

If yall listen to Pardon My Take podcast, Tim Howard was interviewed and said this same thing. Other places around the world play soccer as a way out to make money. The US uses soccer for parents who have enough money to put their kids in a league. 

Works in tennis and golf

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Works in tennis and golf

Rank Player Points  
1 xyh1vmZ-xJH2iJCKjqS1Ow_48x48.png N. Djokovic 12415  
2 5hLkf7KFHhmpaiOJQv8LmA_48x48.png R. Nadal 7945  
3 1hy9ek4dOIffYULM6k1fqg_48x48.png R. Federer 6620  
4 HwYB-wsdd6M2WmLXSkd6Sg_48x48.png D. Thiem 4595  
5 h1FhPLmDg9AHXzhygqvVPg_48x48.png A. Zverev 4405  
6 4iCrrqHfq9zLlhOt34o7Pg_48x48.png S. Tsitsipas 4215  
7 by4OltvtZz7taxuQtkiP3A_48x48.png K. Nishikori 4040  
8 EGwD4_SUlmwZWbnHhcmTPA_48x48.png K. Anderson 3610  
9 5Y6kOqiOIv2C1sP9C_BWtA_48x48.png K. Khachanov 2980  
10 joYpsiaYi4GDCqhSRAq5Zg_48x48.png F. Fognini 2785  
11 1xBWyjjkA6vEWopPK3lIPA_48x48.png J. del Potro 2740  
12 wj9uZvn_vZrelLFGH8fnPA_48x48.png J. Isner 2715

Well at least it works in Golf.

2 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

No, your line of thought is why we don’t win shit.  

You can throw dogshit against a wall and call it the Mona Lisa.  

We have a fantastic track record of really poor coaching hires.  Bitch about the right things.  

Right now, in July of 2019, I do not think that either Altidore or Zardes raise our ceiling more than Sargent does. I will fall and die on that sword 10 times out of 10. 

10 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Sargent has played 10 games and scored 2 goals at Major club level.

Sargent is still better than Zardes at a minimum. Jozy is pretty meh.