Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:
11 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:
Feel good about Wilson but not close to 100% positive.  Having lived in Ohio gives OSU a chance 

If he lived in Ohio that should make him not want to go back

This.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I would circle May 5th on your calendars. It appears to be a big official visit weekend. Marcus Banks for sure, and probably NaNa. 

Herman has mentioned he wants three official visit weekends only during the spring. May 5th is a pretty good guess for one of the three. 

Sounds like we'll be celebrating that night.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

So a top 2. Seems like he's looking for a reason not to pick Texas at this point.

What he's said in the past is our offense. I think it's the only thing holding him back from choosing us already. If the offense shows out during the spring game, he'll commit. If it doesn't, I'm not so sure. 

He isn't alone on this either. Other elite skill position players like Noah Cain and even Whittington are saying they need to see the offense improve. And obviously all of us that had to watch it every week. 

16 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

Bet = What you speak is the truth and you may henceforth "bet that"

G = gangsta/playa/play boi/

sum = something

jive-talk-o.gif

Great job sleuths. And to complete the puzzle:

for that = Leon

Translation: You can be sure "tough guy" I've got something for you when I see you.

5 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

I interpreted Ossai as saying he has some shit from the aggy staff that would match that.

All joking aside, I think that's what he means too.  That's what is so stupid about Leon opening up this flood gate - aggy (16 official offers to our commits) and FSU (9 offers) recruited a bunch of our guys and I'm sure said a lot of things.  It's a no win for Leon, our recruits could embarrass either staff. 

Guys... enjoy this recruiting cycle.  aggy... somehow convinced themselves they were going to clean up the state like we did last year without any proof.  As we put together another top 5 class, they will twiddle their thumbs trying to figure out how dildo baggins can't get these guys to college station.  just enjoy it guys.  I cannot wait till Javonne Sheppard commits.  I think he will be the first elite OL to fall.  It will be the first knife in their heart.  Soon to follow, Tyler Johnson and Bragg.  They will then hold out every hope that Kenyon Green will commit to them.  It will destroy them when he commits to us or lsu.  I cannot wait.

Just now, victory88 said:

Guys... enjoy this recruiting cycle.  aggy... somehow convinced themselves they were going to clean up the state like we did last year without any proof.  As we put together another top 5 class, they will twiddle their thumbs trying to figure out how dildo baggins can't get these guys to college station.  just enjoy it guys.  I cannot wait till Javonne Sheppard commits.  I think he will be the first elite OL to fall.  It will be the first knife in their heart.  Soon to follow, Tyler Johnson and Bragg.  They will then hold out every hope that Kenyon Green will commit to them.  It will destroy them when he commits to us or lsu.  I cannot wait.

You dumb sip! Didn't you see that Jimbo guaranteed  the number 1 or 2 class? Ain't that proof enough?! /s

Anyone have a list of guys that are planning on committing before the season?  It will give us a great idea of guys we're likely to land.   Many sites have reported these guys wanting to shut things down sooner rather than later.

Garrett Wilson

Elijah Higgins

NaNa

Gbenda

You dumb sip! Didn't you see that Jimbo guaranteed  the number 1 or 2 class? Ain't that proof enough?! /s
That was a dumb thing for him to do..

aggy will have a good class this year, much better than they deserve...but Jimbo is cracked out guaranteeing 1 or 2. Have Kirby, Saban and Dabo retired and I simply haven't heard about it yet?

30 minutes ago, victory88 said:

That all may be true, but one question remains - who is doing REAL RECRUITING?

17 minutes ago, ousux said:

That was a dumb thing for him to do..

aggy will have a good class this year, much better than they deserve...but Jimbo is cracked out guaranteeing 1 or 2. Have Kirby, Saban and Dabo retired and I simply haven't heard about it yet?

Dumbest thing I've seen yet out of a coach. If they sign a top 10 class (which would be great for them)  would be a disappointment since it wouldn't be 1 or 2. Way to start off going full aggy. It's almost like this guy didn't go 5-7 last year.