Texas recruiting notes 2019

Part of a quote from EJ: I was told two nights ago that Floyd wanted to commit but Texas told him to not rush things to make them happy. They wanted him to be sure of his decision. That approach actually won Floyd and his family over and he committed this morning.

I really like that our staff takes this approach. Show the kids you respect them, make sure they're 100%, and reduce the chance of a decommit. 

It's the exact opposite of what Jimbo is doing this cycle. 

Edit: he's saying he's shutting it down and won't be taking any more visits

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Part of a quote from EJ: I was told two nights ago that Floyd wanted to commit but Texas told him to not rush things to make them happy. They wanted him to be sure of his decision. That approach actually won Floyd and his family over and he committed this morning.

I really like that our staff takes this approach. Show the kids you respect them, make sure they're 100%, and reduce the chance of a decommit. 

It's the exact opposite of what Jimbo is doing this cycle. 

Reminds me of Charlie Strong , but Herman is killing it.. I was wrong

I really like that Floyd plays almost every damn position on the field... QB, RB, Slot WR, Outside WR, LB, S, CB, punt returner... His football IQ must be off the charts to do all that at such a high level. Heck of a good looking athlete to boot. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I really like that Floyd plays almost every damn position on the field... QB, RB, Slot WR, Outside WR, LB, S, CB, punt returner... His football IQ must be off the charts to do all that at such a high level. Heck of a good looking athlete to boot. 

Under Herman, we'll probably continue to see him recruit really good football players, get them on campus, and then see where they ultimately end up on the field position-wise. 

Floyd is a huge pickup, IMO. He's a vocal guy out west and he's likely to stick, neverminding the fact that he can ball like a motherfucker. 

I expect Texas to sign 25+ again and it won't surprise me if 8-ish are OOS. Is that what we had last year? I can't remember but it seems like it. I always wanted Texas to go OOS more and particularly California, so the press in that state is great news to me. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yes.

Rising, Thompson, Angilau, Grandy, Carson, Williams, Ayodele, Bujvevski.

What is California, Oklahoma (I don't enjoy typing that word), Utah, California, Missouri, Louisiana, Missouri Florida (courtesy of IMG), and Australia? Did I get them correct, Alex?

Edited by UDontKnow
T-dog and Machinator