Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You are cute. 

10x3 =30 noncon, 5x9=45 conference, 75 total 

14x4=56 noncon, 7x8=56 conference, 112 total

112-75=37

I like your math, but it clearly says through week 7. Knowing the Ags, I bet the numbers were even more embarrassing for the rest of the season and they didn’t want the Big 12 to feel insecure.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

I like your math, but it clearly says through week 7. Knowing the Ags, I bet the numbers were even more embarrassing for the rest of the season and they didn’t want the Big 12 to feel insecure.

knowing aggy......the creator of this post had some obscure birthday in week 8 (manufactured) so that he could proudly pronounce that "during my 20's, the ags are  more or less even with the sips for eyes on TV sets"

• Like 2

E.J. Holland: Scoop on UT's continued exploration of grad transfer market

Texas is still in the market for graduate transfers. The Longhorns recently landed a commitment from Rice offensive lineman Calvin Andersonand will host another key target this weekend. Here is everything I know about UT’s pursuit of players that can come in and fill immediate needs.

— Texas will host Wake Forest wide receiver Tabari Hines for a visit this weekend. Hines would be a take for the Longhorns as they are seriously pushing to add a slot receiver to the roster. Jerrod Heard is not a natural fit and quite frankly, there aren’t a ton of viable options. Hines led Wake Forest with 53 receptions for 683 yards and seven touchdowns and would be an upgrade at the position.

— So where does Texas stand with Hines? Well, we haven’t brought him up much, but I am told that he is really interested in the Longhorns. Hines knows that he can come in and make an immediate impact and excel at high-level program. If everything goes well this weekend, things could really start to heat up in this recruitment. This is definitely something to watch over the next 48 hours.

— Texas is still monitoring former Notre Dame wide receiver CJ Sanders. If the Longhorns miss on Hines, they could make a harder push for Sanders. But right now, it doesn’t appear that there is much movement on this front. Sanders didn’t put up many receiving numbers at Notre Dame and was mostly utilized as a kick returner. Hines is definitely the priority option.

— Texas is not seriously pursuit tight end grad transfers as of right now, but the Longhorns are taking a look at some options at the position. Texas actually had former Michigan tight end Ian Bunting on campus last weekend. But I’m told he would not be a take today. Former South Florida tight end Kano Dillon is another grad transfer the Longhorns have been in contact with.

— Texas is done recruiting grad transfers along the offensive line. Calvin Anderson is expected to be the only addition upfront. I am told Anderson will be expected to come in and be the guy at left tackle. He is on track to graduate from Rice in May and join the program this summer. Anderson will be on campus this weekend to take in a Longhorns practice.

• Like 1

seems like we are going to have a shit load of outside receivers, right tackles and offensive guards. 

My favorite is when we have the talks of spinning everyone down to another position. He’s a safety but spin him to Lb, he’s a LB so spin him to DE, he’s a DE so spin him to DT, he’s a DT so spin him to nose, spin the spin to spin.

13 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

My favorite is when we have the talks of spinning everyone down to another position. He’s a safety but spin him to Lb, he’s a LB so spin him to DE, he’s a DE so spin him to DT, he’s a DT so spin him to nose, spin the spin to spin.

What a dizzying take 

TFB Weekend Open Post - http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/03/open-post-weekend-march-30th-april-1st/

– This past weekend, LongHorns 2019 RB target, Marcus Major visited Texas. Majors plan has been to make a decision this summer. His father mentioned early in the process that they would take some time and take some visits.

The story line that has been intriguing to me on this front is that Major’s teammate, WR Demariyon Houston mentioned in a conversation with me that he had Marcus would like to play together. That is something that a lot of folks talk about, but it rarely materializes.

I’m still working on speaking with Houston and Major following their Texas visit but I did speak with the head coach, Coach Franklin, over at Millwood.

“I haven’t talked with them in detail about it (the trip to Texas) but they definitely enjoyed it”. I asked if, as players from Oklahoma a school like Texas is a bit off limits, “no, we’ve had kids from here go to Texas. In the end we tell these guys to choose the school that when it’s all said and done and football is over you can take care of your family. Where can you go and put yourself in a position to be able to take care of your family? Football doesn’t last forever”.

I asked coach Franklin the idea of Major and Houston playing together and just how real of a possibility that is and how close the two are, “It’s definitely something they’d like to do. They’re like family. It’s not a best friend situations. It’s a brotherhood. They do everything together and they hold each other accountable in school and in football. They make each other better”.

Again, we’ll work to get some notes from Marcus and Demariyon on where things go from here with their recruitment.

-Brandon Drumm, from the OU side, was able to talk to Marcus Majors father who shared with him some of his sons thoughts after returning home from the visit.

He said, “I didn’t get to go with him. but according to him, it was a nice campus and a competitive practice. Good visit”. Marcus also stopped by TCU.

His father expects UT to be one of his five official visits, which they will be setting up soon. Marcus is looking to make a decsion in late July – early August. Definitely prior to his senior season. – (Super K)

– Many of you will recall that one of the top 2019 DBs in the country, Lewis Cine, is a recent move in to the state of TX (via MA via FL).

Cine had planned to visit Texas last month but a last minute conflict arose and the visit didn’t materialize.

Lewis let me know that he was on his way on to Texas for an unofficial visit earlier today.

I’ve spoken to Lewis at length and he openly admitted that Penn State is the team to beat, noting that his relationship with that staff is very strong. He also told me that for a team to really unseat Penn State they’ll need to build a solid relationship.

Texas is the first regional unofficial visit he will be taking. Cine let me know that the reason for that is Texas has been recruiting him the hardest since he moved down here.

Obviously to compete with Penn State, Texas is going to need to get Cine on campus as many times as possible. This is a good first step. – (Super K)

A reminder that the LongHorns will be hosting a couple key visitors this weekend for unofficial visits:

Branson Bragg will be on campus for Texas Relays. He told me he and his family will be making the trip over to visit Texas and their staff later this weekend. While his parents have already been to Texas with him before, this will be the first time for some other members of Bragg’s family to visit UT. – (Andrew)

– Top 2019 DE/OLB, NaNa Osaf0-Mensah (Nolan Catholic) was originally planning to take an unofficial visit to Texas this past weekend but that did not materialize.

He let me know that he has rescheduled and plans to visit Texas this upcoming weekend. – (Super K)

– We also are hearing that Texas expects at least one or two visitiors who we are not able to discusss at this time,  due to the fact that they are currently committed elsewhere, and do not want that news floating around. – (Super K)

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB Weekend Open Post - http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/03/open-post-weekend-march-30th-april-1st/

Hide contents

– This past weekend, LongHorns 2019 RB target, Marcus Major visited Texas. Majors plan has been to make a decision this summer. His father mentioned early in the process that they would take some time and take some visits.

The story line that has been intriguing to me on this front is that Major’s teammate, WR Demariyon Houston mentioned in a conversation with me that he had Marcus would like to play together. That is something that a lot of folks talk about, but it rarely materializes.

I’m still working on speaking with Houston and Major following their Texas visit but I did speak with the head coach, Coach Franklin, over at Millwood.

“I haven’t talked with them in detail about it (the trip to Texas) but they definitely enjoyed it”. I asked if, as players from Oklahoma a school like Texas is a bit off limits, “no, we’ve had kids from here go to Texas. In the end we tell these guys to choose the school that when it’s all said and done and football is over you can take care of your family. Where can you go and put yourself in a position to be able to take care of your family? Football doesn’t last forever”.

I asked coach Franklin the idea of Major and Houston playing together and just how real of a possibility that is and how close the two are, “It’s definitely something they’d like to do. They’re like family. It’s not a best friend situations. It’s a brotherhood. They do everything together and they hold each other accountable in school and in football. They make each other better”.

Again, we’ll work to get some notes from Marcus and Demariyon on where things go from here with their recruitment.

-Brandon Drumm, from the OU side, was able to talk to Marcus Majors father who shared with him some of his sons thoughts after returning home from the visit.

He said, “I didn’t get to go with him. but according to him, it was a nice campus and a competitive practice. Good visit”. Marcus also stopped by TCU.

His father expects UT to be one of his five official visits, which they will be setting up soon. Marcus is looking to make a decsion in late July – early August. Definitely prior to his senior season. – (Super K)

– Many of you will recall that one of the top 2019 DBs in the country, Lewis Cine, is a recent move in to the state of TX (via MA via FL).

Cine had planned to visit Texas last month but a last minute conflict arose and the visit didn’t materialize.

Lewis let me know that he was on his way on to Texas for an unofficial visit earlier today.

I’ve spoken to Lewis at length and he openly admitted that Penn State is the team to beat, noting that his relationship with that staff is very strong. He also told me that for a team to really unseat Penn State they’ll need to build a solid relationship.

Texas is the first regional unofficial visit he will be taking. Cine let me know that the reason for that is Texas has been recruiting him the hardest since he moved down here.

Obviously to compete with Penn State, Texas is going to need to get Cine on campus as many times as possible. This is a good first step. – (Super K)

A reminder that the LongHorns will be hosting a couple key visitors this weekend for unofficial visits:

Branson Bragg will be on campus for Texas Relays. He told me he and his family will be making the trip over to visit Texas and their staff later this weekend. While his parents have already been to Texas with him before, this will be the first time for some other members of Bragg’s family to visit UT. – (Andrew)

– Top 2019 DE/OLB, NaNa Osaf0-Mensah (Nolan Catholic) was originally planning to take an unofficial visit to Texas this past weekend but that did not materialize.

He let me know that he has rescheduled and plans to visit Texas this upcoming weekend. – (Super K)

– We also are hearing that Texas expects at least one or two visitiors who we are not able to discusss at this time,  due to the fact that they are currently committed elsewhere, and do not want that news floating around. – (Super K)

"– We also are hearing that Texas expects at least one or two visitiors who we are not able to discusss at this time,  due to the fact that they are currently committed elsewhere, and do not want that news floating around. – (Super K)"

DW5CBbzU8AEcwqp.jpg

Interesting and admirable about Houston and Major being brothers and improving each other. It would be amusing and a great story if it turned out they were actually a romantic couple and excelled at the sport in college.  Still a great story if they're brotherly friends.