Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

CB Chester Kimbrough out of Louisiana was the DB MVP at the Atlanta Opening.  We recently offered and he doesn't have an LSU offer.  Roach thinks he'd be the top CB in-state if he was in Texas.

100% to Kansas.  Guess we're dooooooomed.

49 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

We offered the #1 19 JUCO DT (Jermaine Johnson) and I think we're in position to at least get an OV

Looks like Johnson is listed as a DE now and doesn't show up on the 247 rankings so I guess I should correct myself. Could have sworn I saw him listed as #1 DT when we offered. 

Also he goes to Independence C.C., which is where Last Chance U will be this season so we might get a small look into his recruitment this season or next

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

57 minutes ago, Machinator said:

@OnAComputer knows more, I'm sure, but Charlie Stewart is the new content manager for both the Texas and OU sides of the Braniacs sites. I think he first started posting a couple of weeks ago.

He's the guy who basically makes sure that we have consistent content being put out that can be corroborated on many sides. Also makes sure our grammatical mistakes are kept to a minimum. Also helps us decide when to put out certain content. Dude's an organizational boss and well tied in.

Edited by OnAComputer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Id be interested in moving on from Warehime to the KU coach with La. connections

tbh, Texas should grab a coach with some LA connections. Maybe straight from the LSU staff. Getting some way of being in their state after Orgeron put up the cardboard wall would be great. I can't tell you the number of players from LA where I watch their film, think, "that guys has some insane skills," and talk to them and theyre all LSU because LSU has been on them from the get go.
Having some one know all the coaches and have the contacts would be awesome for Texas to dip in and get another Malcolm Roach or three.

1 hour ago, OnAComputer said:

He's the guy who basically makes sure that we have consistent content being put out that can be corroborated on many sides. Also makes sure our grammatical mistakes are kept to a minimum. Also helps us decide when to put out certain content. Dude's an organizational boss and well tied in.

Sweet baby Jesus an editor!

Mike Roach: Texas evaluating four-star DL Gilbert Ibeneme

The 2019 class is proving to be more talented in the trenches than its predecessor. The Longhorns hosted a number of linemen during their February junior day event, including Pearland defensive end Gilbert Ibeneme. A four-star prospect, Ibeneme holds offers from TCU, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Houston. The Longhorns have yet to offer, but they hosted Ibeneme in hopes of establishing a relationship while they evaluate him. Ibeneme came away impressed with the atmosphere at Texas, and he said that he was able to really connect with the Texas staff. “I liked the environment and spending time with the team members,” Ibeneme said. “I feel the connection, basically.”

The Longhorns did not discuss offer plans with Ibeneme, but they did let visiting defensive linemen know they were in the middle of a thorough evaluation. The coaching staff even gave prospects on hand a number of expected takes along the defensive line. “All they said was that they were taking five defensive linemen because that’s how many they lost last year,” Ibeneme said. If Texas were to offer, Ibeneme said that the Longhorns would fit within his top five. He also mentioned Oklahoma, TCU, Texas Tech and Texas A&M as schools standing out at the top of his list.

Ibeneme suffered an injury during his junior season, which has slowed his recruitment a bit, but he expects things to pick up once schools see him during the spring evaluation period. At 6-foot-3, 255 pounds, Ibeneme is ranked as the No. 26 strong-side defensive end in the country and No. 38 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

Finally got around to updating the visit spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i5Kk5NNdAVIc_sGJSDovph0VSmwrJuCcFufuvCDnJ5g/edit#gid=0

Marcus Stripling was supposed to have visited this past weekend, but I haven't seen anything on that so I'm guessing it didn't happen. Ditto for Demani Richardson (can we write him off at this point? That's like the 3rd time I think)

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

Wiley looks good here

Wiley had much better burst than I expected and looked very fluid.

Here's the Wrs v. DBs.  Potential Texas targets include: Demariyon Houston, Lewis Cine, Jonathan McGill. Bobby Wolfe got burned constantly in this video. Not a big fan of his compared to UT's actual DB targets.  Trejan Bridges (ousux commit) runs very good routes already. He's going to be a good one, but we're after plenty of good ones as well. The state is just so stacked at WR every year.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Wiley's frame. You can 100% see what this staff is identifying. 

haha. Taylor and Murphy going into the huddle of guys was awesome. 

Stogner is such a fucking Dirt Burglar bitchass. 

Kendrick Blackshire already looks like a grown ass man for a kid who hasn't started his Soph. year yet.  Might out grow LB position.

Agree on Stogner.

6 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Wiley had much better burst than I expected and looked very fluid.

Last year was his first year playing TE, although he'll likely play QB this year. Sounds like he might enroll early, which is always a boost for a prospect's value. 

1 minute ago, T-dog said:

Damn, Stingley looks really good in there; Wilson as well - would have loved to see a matchup between the two

I was actually expecting Stingley to look better

He might not be Texas good, Alex Hogan is underrated and can play