Who is the best defensive player for UT since 2000?

futureman

49 minutes ago, Whatever said:
9 hours ago, 83Horn said:
An equally young Blake Gideon was also on the field at that time...so what's your point?

The point is nobody is arguing Gideon as the best defensive player for UT since 2000.

True, but Slorch seemed to be making the argument that since ET was on the field as a freshman, that was an endorsement of his talent.  Perhaps I was mistaken in my interpretation.

True, but Slorch seemed to be making the argument that since ET was on the field as a freshman, that was an endorsement of his talent.  Perhaps I was mistaken in my interpretation.
I interpreted it as that's like the only bad play he ever made and he was a freshman, so he shouldn't be disqualified from the discussion.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I think Earl’s great NFL career is influencing a lot of responses in this thread. He was uber talented, had a very good RS-FR year and a superb sophomore year which paired with his measureables to become a first round pick. Players like Vasher, Aaron Ross, Michael Griffin, Brian Robison, Brian Orakpo, etc. each probably made more contributions to UT wins and highlight plays over their 4 years than ET in his 2 seasons. 

54 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I’m guessing most people responding to this thread are under the age of 30 which would explain the puzzling lack of Casey Hampton and Shaun Rogers.

I’m 32 next week.  Those 2 were before my time.  I barely remember Jammer.  I certainly remember Vasher though.  “If Leon Fuller had him!  Should’ve left him at Safety!” - Dad

I had a damn good dad.  Rest of these fools are fucked up though.  They don’t even know who Cory Redding is.  That was a bad dude there.  He was a LB who became an NFL DT.  That’s insane athleticism!

P.S. - I’m Irish too, but you’re old as fuck.

Edited by Fondren & Main

I’m 32 next week.  Those 2 were before my time.  I barely remember Jammer.  I certainly remember Vasher though.  “If Leon Fuller had him!  Should’ve left him at Safety!” - Dad
I had a damn good dad.  Rest of these fools are fucked up though.  They don’t even know who Cory Redding is.  That was a bad dude there.  He was a LB who became an NFL DT.  That’s insane athleticism!

Jammer and Vasher were really really really good. Many of the “best of” polls put Vasher at number 1 in Texas DB history.

9 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

That you barely remember Jammer makes me feel old.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:16 AM, gsoda3 said:

since 2000 includes the year 2000.  after 2000 would omit the year 2000. 

I disagree, since means in the intervening time between the moment in time mentioned and now. If it's since 2000 I would interpret that as starting in 2001, but I understand both interpretations.

If players on the 2000 team are eligible then anyone who doesn't answer Casey Hampton is a fool.

Edited by Huckleberry