Benjamin Netanyahu Indicted for Fraud and Bribery

Hugo Stiglitz

10 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Here's a weird fact: Asleep at the Wheel's lead singer Ray Benson and Benjamin Netanyahu were boyhood friends.

They both grew up in Philly. I bet he is an Eagles fan too.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

9 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I guess that means he cannot have ever broken the law? 

Oh you mean none of that has anything to do with the crimes he has committed. Weird. I thought you had a point or something 

Yah that was weird. "He's accomplished things, so he should be immune from the law."

That's not really how the law works.  An attorney would know that.

And it's the meth.  Dick doesn't break your brain, trust me. 

And if you want to call it "being political in an election year" - BOY HAVE I GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU ABOUT HOW THEY WERE A-OK WITH THAT 3 YEARS AGO.

Edited by Js1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Bringing bribery charges because Netanyahu was given some nice scotch, ties and cigars is a fucking joke and the prosecutor should be embarrassed. This is how the fucking Middle East works.

yeah, what's a little bribery among friends?

so you want israel to be just like the rest of the middle east, is that it?

yeah, what's a little bribery among friends?
so you want israel to be just like the rest of the middle east, is that it?

Let me hazard a guess and speculate that this alleged “corruption” is an issue for the liberal, Askenazi Tel Aviv set rather than the Mizrahi Jews from this part of the world. Would love to see polling showing the difference between the 2 on this issue.

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Let me hazard a guess and speculate that this alleged “corruption” is an issue for the liberal, Askenazi Tel Aviv set rather than the Mizrahi Jews from this part of the world. Would love to see polling showing the difference between the 2 on this issue.

the issue? bribery?

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Should Bibi build a wall between the two? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the issue? bribery?

The Mizrahi make up more than half the population of Israel and unlike the progressives, they have lived through life as dhimmi second class citizens in Muslim countries and that is why they support Netanyahu. Giving nice gifts is part of the culture there and in most parts of the world and is no big deal. The Mizrahi know that if the Arabs get the upper hand demographically they’re fucked especially if the Arabs demand a one state option which would be a pretext for them to be wiped which is the real goal of the Palestinians. The cultural arrogance of progressives to expect American standards in Israel is astounding.

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The Mizrahi make up more than half the population of Israel and unlike the progressives, they have lived through life as dhimmi second class citizens in Muslim countries and that is why they support Netanyahu. Giving nice gifts is part of the culture there and in most parts of the world and is no big deal. The Mizrahi know that if the Arabs get the upper hand demographically they’re fucked especially if the Arabs demand a one state option which would be a pretext for them to be wiped which is the real goal of the Palestinians. The cultural arrogance of progressives to expect American standards in Israel is astounding.

so, you're okay with bribery. 

got it.

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The cultural arrogance of progressives to expect American standards in Israel is astounding.

But this is Israeli law we are talking about here.  There was reason enough for the Israeli legal system to get involved.  It's their country, their rules, right?

But thanks for pointing out that Israel under Bibi is just a fucking third world corrupt shithole than what the GOP claims is a beacon of Western democracy in the cesspool that is the Middle East.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so, you're okay with bribery. 

got it.

You seriously think getting some cigars and nice bottles of scotch is bribery? For the sitting PM of Israel. You think he’d hold out for more if he was truly corrupt. Tell me something. Have you ever done business in the Middle East? I have a closet full of shit I have gotten as gifts and I of course gave gifts as well. It doesn’t mean that either side was corrupt. It’s called being polite in the Middle East.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

YOU

CANT

GIVE

POLITICIANS

GIFTS

IN

EXCHANGE

FOR

THINGS

THAT

IS

THE

LITERAL

DEFINITION

OF

BRIBERY

YOU

STUPID

FUCKING

RETARD

You have never done business in the Middle East, fuck off and go back to the kids’ table

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wonder what Netanyahu's response to these charges will be. My guess is he orders the army to open fire on some children throwing rocks. 

He’ll rile up the masses like he did before the elections in 2015 when he said the Arabs are going in droves to vote. Proved to be very effective last time.

16 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He’ll rile up the masses like he did before the elections in 2015 when he said the Arabs are going in droves to vote. Proved to be very effective last time.

and he's racist in the beacon of democracy

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You seriously think getting some cigars and nice bottles of scotch is bribery? For the sitting PM of Israel. You think he’d hold out for more if he was truly corrupt. Tell me something. Have you ever done business in the Middle East? I have a closet full of shit I have gotten as gifts and I of course gave gifts as well. It doesn’t mean that either side was corrupt. It’s called being polite in the Middle East.

it's called corruption. my company does business all over the world, and we are strictly limited in what sort of "gifts" we can accept. it's all part of something called "ethics."

and you are totally minimizing the charges against netanyahu. it's not just "some cigars and nice bottles of scotch." it amounted to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/28/world/middleeast/benjamin-netanyahu-indictment.html

he peddled his influence and did favors in quid pro quo deals. also, his wife was in on the graft.

that's straight corruption, homey.

There have been a number of police investigations against politicians in this country that have come to nothing. 

—Dina Shalit, a resident of Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank.

“I intend to serve you for many more years,” said Mr. Netanyahu, who has been prime minister for three consecutive terms since 2009. “But it depends on you. It does not depend on the officials or the studios. It depends only on you, the citizens of Israel.”

Gideon Rahat, a political-science professor at Hebrew University and a senior fellow at the Israel Democracy Institute, said Mr. Netanyahu benefits from an electorate that has drifted rightward for two decades after the second Palestinian Intifada in 2000. The uprising grew out of the collapse of the left-wing-led peace process, inflicting frequent terrorist attacks inside of Israel and prompting a forceful response from the Israelis.

“The second Palestinian uprising is a breaking point of many Israelis,” Mr. Rahat said. Mr. Netanyahu has convinced many voters that the “left is something bad, it’s not Jewish, it’s naive,” he said.

Daniel Kohavi, 71, of Ariel, dismissed allegations that Mr. Netanyahu traded political favors in exchange for gifts like champagne and cigars.

“So what? Others don’t get gifts? So what? If he wanted to be a millionaire he doesn’t need to be in the government. He has sacrificed his life for the state of Israel and the people of Israel,” he said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/netanyahu-banks-on-his-right-wing-base-as-legal-troubles-mount-11551452516?mod=hp_lead_pos6

Jews feel safe in Israel under Netanyahu and the economy is extremely strong. Gantz and Lapid are formidable as they are not leftists. I could see them possibly winning. None of them are going to agree to a Palestnian state unless it is demilitarized which the Arabs will never agree to.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I love that icono is stupid enough that he thinks continuing to post articles and points about all the “good” bibi has done as if that somehow is relevant to the topic at hand.

I am not a lawyer, and I sure as hell don't stay at Holiday Inns, but I'm like 99.9% certain "good accomplishments" don't suddenly make one immune to charges of graft, corruption and bribery.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I am not a lawyer, and I sure as hell don't stay at Holiday Inns, but I'm like 99.9% certain "good accomplishments" don't suddenly make one immune to charges of graft, corruption and bribery.

Not only that, the claims that these "accomplishments" have been anything "good" are highly dubious at best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

@Iconoclast Texan Why are you acting like Israel has a ME culture they're much more similar to Europe than Syria or Egypt culturally. 

Early on in Israel’s history you’d be correct. The Mizrahi Jewish influence is pretty firmly rooted now as they are more than half of Israel’s population. In my dealings with Syrian and Iraqi Jews, and, of course, Iranian Jews, with connections to Israel they are thouroughly Middle Eastern in culture, manners and mindset.

18 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I love that icono is stupid enough that he thinks continuing to post articles and points about all the “good” bibi has done as if that somehow is relevant to the topic at hand.

No dumbass what I am showing to you with fucking quotes is that lots of Israelis recognize these charges are (a) usual politically influenced accusations that are par for the course, (b) they don’t think what he is being accused of for accepting gifts is bribery and (c) will stick by him because he has kept them safe, the economy is booming, and even his detractors acknowledge his accomplishments. Basically, it’s just the Haaretz readership that gives a shit.

9 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

No dumbass what I am showing to you with fucking quotes is that lots of Israelis recognize these charges are (a) usual politically influenced accusations that are par for the course, (b) they don’t think what he is being accused of for accepting gifts is bribery and (c) will stick by him because he has kept them safe, the economy is booming, and even his detractors acknowledge his accomplishments. Basically, it’s just the Haaretz readership that gives a shit.

And lots of Israelis disagree.

Also, this is a booming economy? They haven't broken 1.3% growth in a quarter in over three years.

https://tradingeconomics.com/israel/gdp-growth

israel-gdp-growth.png

Edited by David Dennison

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Next time, before repeating what you heard on Fox News, fact check it first to make sure you're not getting played. It makes you look foolish otherwise.

As the clip showed, Warren did indeed call out Maduro, so good for her. And thanks for the enlightenment. I’m sure we can agree that accurate information is always better than the alternative.

What is not accurate, however, is your assumption that I get talking points from Fox. The one FNC program I used to watch was Special Report, and that was specifically for the commentary from Will and Krauthammer. And those two—especially since Trump was elected—were not exactly a gold mine from which to grab conservative talking points.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

he peddled his influence and did favors in quid pro quo deals. also, his wife was in on the graft.

You say that as if it’s a given. Are accusations/charges proof enough for you?

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Early on in Israel’s history you’d be correct. The Mizrahi Jewish influence is pretty firmly rooted now as they are more than half of Israel’s population. In my dealings with Syrian and Iraqi Jews, and, of course, Iranian Jews, with connections to Israel they are thouroughly Middle Eastern in culture, manners and mindset.

They had very little to do with the political culture that arose after the foundation and are still underrepresented in the Knesset.

29 minutes ago, Cacti said:

As the clip showed, Warren did indeed call out Maduro, so good for her. And thanks for the enlightenment. I’m sure we can agree that accurate information is always better than the alternative.

What is not accurate, however, is your assumption that I get talking points from Fox. The one FNC program I used to watch was Special Report, and that was specifically for the commentary from Will and Krauthammer. And those two—especially since Trump was elected—were not exactly a gold mine from which to grab conservative talking points.

You say that as if it’s a given. Are accusations/charges proof enough for you?

Oh, right, i forgot: allegedly. Because that kind of formality is absolutely necessary on a bbs

I think everyone is missing the point. It doesn't matter if Bibi took some bribes or broke some laws. What matters is that the Jews protect Israel from the hordes of unwashed Arabs so that Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior returns to smite the non-believers. And Jesus Christ praise be his name in all glory isn't coming back unless the Jews are holding down the Holy Land. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think everyone is missing the point. It doesn't matter if Bibi took some bribes or broke some laws. What matters is that the Jews protect Israel from the hordes of unwashed Arabs so that Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior returns to smite the non-believers. And Jesus Christ praise be his name in all glory isn't coming back unless the Jews are holding down the Holy Land. 

Image result for american dad religion harry potter gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

This has been Trump's central shift as well. 

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

He sounds like  some (all) GOP congressmean.

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

it's called corruption. my company does business all over the world, and we are strictly limited in what sort of "gifts" we can accept. it's all part of something called "ethics." 

Yeah, I used to work for an Israeli security company based out of Tel Aviv and we had the same restrictions when dealing "gifts" even if it was part of the culture of a particular client.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:21 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

You forgot to mention trump. Ya see, God made trump president to protect Israel so that Jesus could return and kill all the libs with the biggest fireball ever made completely of 100 percent fire and trump and the true republicanvangeles can march arm in arm to meet Jesus so he can say “fuck yeah, you guys totally won! Smite those libs!”