Pigs @ Texas Series

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

We need to develop somebody. I'm a little puzzled that Bocchi hasn't been the guy so far.

Whelan has been the guy. We had to burn him on Sunday.  Madden has also shown stuff but we used him twice last weekend and he got hurt. 

We chased a conference win against the conference favorite and sacrificed our midweek starters to do it. And we got that win, so it was a worthwhile trade off. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Whelan has been the guy. We had to burn him on Sunday.  Madden has also shown stuff but we used him twice last weekend and he got hurt. 

We chased a conference win against the conference favorite and sacrificed our midweek starters to do it. And we got that win, so it was a worthwhile trade off. 

Yeah I had no problem burning those arms to beat Tech.

• Like 1

Think Pierce was chasing the game tomorrow based on the arms he pitched. Coming into tonight Meaney only had 4 IP, Diaz 4.1 IP, and Neely 4.1 IP. 

Tomorrow we should have Kubicheck, Bocchi, Bryant, Stevens, Nico, and Whelan available. Depending on circumstances Pierce might throw Quintanilla and Fields for an inning too. Tomorrow sets up better with the fact Arkansas already burned their midweek guy and the fact some of our arms like Bocchi, Bryant, Whelan and Kubicheck all pitched on Sunday. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All true, which is probably why we shouldn't be playing these 2 midweek games during the middle of conference play. Schedule these 2 midweek games earlier in the year. 

Whelan likely would have been the starter tonight if we didn't use him Sunday.

Sweep LSU, we are fucking awesome...   Stanford we, suck..   Texas Ech and we are awesome again,  Arky we suck...

We're doing overall better than last year at this point.   I like this team and the schedule, I think this will toughen them the fuck up when it matters..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, petscii said:

Sweep LSU, we are fucking awesome...   Stanford we, suck..   Texas Ech and we are awesome again,  Arky we suck...

We're doing overall better than last year at this point.   I like this team and the schedule, I think this will toughen them the fuck up when it matters..

People always think midweek games don’t really matter.  I disagree and think midweek games show what you have if you fall behind in a regional.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

If your team is built to play 4 games a week you wont do shit in June. This is a great test for the other pitchers and the pen. Who cares about baseball America rankings in March.

1 hour ago, HSFC said:

People always think midweek games don’t really matter.  I disagree and think midweek games show what you have if you fall behind in a regional.  

Exactly ! 

Most coaches use midweek games for development.    When Florida won the championship in '17,   they had about a .500 record for midweek games.   Mainieri at LSU  does the same.

That said,  when you are playing a ranked opponent  need the RPI boost.

I remain pessimistic about winning the game, but hopefully one or more of our pitchers that get an opportunity today can have good results, like meaney yesterday. Positive outings for new arms is always good.

id also like to see the offense look competent for more than one inning a game, when it’s not being handed a walk an inning. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

id also like to see the offense look competent for more than one inning a game, when it’s not being handed a walk an inning. 

What does that mean exactly? I mean most teams are not going to score multiple runs in very many innings against elite competition.

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

What does that mean exactly? I mean most teams are not going to score multiple runs in very many innings against elite competition.

No, but they haven’t shown the ability to manufacture one run in an inning, against any competition, when they aren’t getting help from free passes. 

OK, I was at the game & haven't read the thread,& not gonna. Probably been addressed, but wtf was up with the home plate umpire last night? He was clearly squeezing the shit outta Neely & was generally all over the fucking place all night, esp low in the zone. Real POS.

And why was the batter passing the guy on first ok on the grand slam? He clearly passed him.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ruled he didn’t pass him. Though he technically rounded first while the guy had his foot on first. 

Yeah, he passed him. That's complete BS. Runner was on first and the batter touched first & then went straight into fair territory and stood there. What would the result have been had they ruled he passed him?

Just now, wood said:

Yeah, he passed him. That's complete BS. Runner was on first and the batter touched first & then went straight into fair territory and stood there. What would the result have been had they ruled he passed him?

Batter is out, 3 runs score. Would have been 4-0 with 2 outs and nobody on base. 

• Like 1

Yeah after seeing several to left and left center from zubia and McCann get knocked down by the wind this season, it was disappointing that the wind decided to help a hog grand slam. 

The other home run that inning may have gotten out at the polo grounds, however.  That one had a vapor trail. You may not have seen from the park, but it short hopped a truck parked on the far side of comal. 

10 minutes ago, wood said:

OK, I was at the game & haven't read the thread,& not gonna. Probably been addressed, but wtf was up with the home plate umpire last night? He was clearly squeezing the shit outta Neely & was generally all over the fucking place all night, esp low in the zone. Real POS.

And why was the batter passing the guy on first ok on the grand slam? He clearly passed him.

I would love to see a side by side look of the second strike call on Hibbeler T1 and the 2-2 pitch to the Arkansas batter after we botched the play at first base. He didn’t give Neely anything.