2019 MLB thread

spystud13

I feel like A-Rod, when he first started announcing, was really good because he prepared really thoroughly and kept himself low-key because he knew everyone hated him.  And now that people like him, he's relaxing and being himself more, which is bad, because he's actually really annoying.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have I ever mentioned that guys, especially catchers, don't fucking know how to tag?  Verdugo was nearly safe because the tag was way up on the leg.  Just put the glove in front of the plate and let the guy slide into it and tag himself out.  Shit, this is becoming a pet peeve of mine.  

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Have I ever mentioned that guys, especially catchers, don't fucking know how to tag?  Verdugo was nearly safe because the tag was way up on the leg.  Just put the glove in front of the plate and let the guy slide into it and tag himself out.  Shit, this is becoming a pet peeve of mine.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

two bombs and what should have been the game winning HR had Aroldis not blown it. i'm sure helo will be by soon to tell us how much Chapman sucks.

He’s no longer a dominant reliever, that’s for sure. Or at least not like he used to be (he really struggles to climb over 100 now). But he’s still good, he just wasn’t that at all tonight. 

I am surprised Edwin went yard twice. Some guys can’t handle playing in pinstripes and he more than looks like he’ll be one of those players. He may prove me wrong though.

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s no longer a dominant reliever, that’s for sure. Or at least not like he used to be (he really struggles to climb over 100 now). But he’s still good, he just wasn’t that at all tonight. 

I am surprised Edwin went yard twice. Some guys can’t handle playing in pinstripes and he more than looks like he’ll be one of those players. He may prove me wrong though.

he will prove you wrong, because he's a consummate professional who has mashed everywhere he's been, and he now plays in a kiddie park that is honestly *much* smaller than Pflugerville Connally's field, so he's going to be just fine, old age and all. he's one of the best right handed power bats in the league and as a Cubs fan I would take him and his bat in a heartbeat, even if it meant starting him and/or rizzo out in RF fairly often. but that's just because i like guys who go for 35 and 100 every year for nearly a decade. 

47 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I had to leave early because of work, but file this game under most amazing performances ever by the most unlikely player to do it. 

d’Arnaud has beaten the Yankees twice this year, almost entirely by himself. He’s a Ciriaco (worthless scrub player that turns super saiyan god against the Yankees) just like Randal Grichuk. Sabathia would be smart to throw some chin music at d’Arnaud tomorrow or just IBB him every time. Anything to get him off his game.

2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

For the 16th time out of 26 it was within 2 runs either way. 

10 of 26 HRs when the lead/deficit is 3 or more?  That seems like a lot to me, especially because almost all 1st/2nd inning homers will be with the score close.