2019 MLB thread

spystud13

49 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I do not think it is a stretch to day that Wilkerson's save is the most improbable occurence so far this season. The speed limit in most of New York is 55 and he didn't even hit that on the radar gun. He now gets to say for the rest of his life that he got a first ballot Hall of Famer out. Stuff like that is why baseball is such a fun sport. 

the video is incredible.

https://deadspin.com/with-a-series-of-slowballs-stevie-wilkerson-became-the-1836724040

sticking to this bit the whole inning has to be tough for a professional athlete.  at some point you'd want to rare back and fire one in.  but it worked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

the video is incredible.

https://deadspin.com/with-a-series-of-slowballs-stevie-wilkerson-became-the-1836724040

sticking to this bit the whole inning has to be tough for a professional athlete.  at some point you'd want to rare back and fire one in.  but it worked.

Deadspin is my favorite website. You see that pitch and I think you might be not very happy. 

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck yeah, 3 wins vs. the Yanks. I know, it does not matter and the yanks are in first but it does to me. Oh, and judge went 0-5. 

I mean, it definitely matters. Especially with how the Rays are going right now. Pretty sure the last team any wildcard team would want to face is Boston with Sale on the mound in an elimination game. 

I feel like we are reaching a point where there 5 teams in each league that are clear above the rest.

AL: Astros, Yankees, Red Sox, Twins, Indians

NL: Dodgers, Braves, Cubs, Nationals, Cardinals

The trade deadline could change things (and this is baseball, weird shit could happen), but I think this is the top 10

22 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

I feel like we are reaching a point where there 5 teams in each league that are clear above the rest.

AL: Astros, Yankees, Red Sox, Twins, Indians

NL: Dodgers, Braves, Cubs, Nationals, Cardinals

The trade deadline could change things (and this is baseball, weird shit could happen), but I think this is the top 10

I wouldn't count out the A's, but other than that, yeah.  The Nats seem like a much better team than the Phillies or Brewers despite only being 0.5 ahead. 

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean, it definitely matters. Especially with how the Rays are going right now. Pretty sure the last team any wildcard team would want to face is Boston with Sale on the mound in an elimination game. 

I was messing with Heliobus who was talking about how the first shellacking did not matter. 

kyle schwarber just annihilated a ball off of Zach Davies. The ball seemed to land in about 3.5 seconds despite almost clearing the second deck. what a shot. 

edit: 473 feet, 114 mph exit velo, 23 degree launch angle 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Got my popcorn ready for what i hope is a Rangers/As brawl today

I feel like if it was going to happen, it would’ve happened yesterday on the spot. They’re in a wildcard hunt. If they were going to brawl to defend their guy, I feel like it would’ve happened right then and there. Not after the fact where they’d probably have to initiate it and risk suspensions.