2019 MLB thread

spystud13

The Mets have a gun to Cashman’s head. They know the Yankees have a desperate need for pitching. They know the Yankees have no chance to beat Houston trotting out Paxton, Tanaka and Happ. They know that they have the two best right-handed pitchers available in Thor and Wheeler. They know the Yankees aren’t going to trade for Robbie Ray when they know Minny and Houston eat LHP for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don’t think the Indians will trade Bauer despite his antics. The Mets are trying to extort the Yankees. We will see who blinks first.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheFlagship said:

The Mets have a gun to Cashman’s head. They know the Yankees have a desperate need for pitching. They know the Yankees have no chance to beat Houston trotting out Paxton, Tanaka and Happ. They know that they have the two best right-handed pitchers available in Thor and Wheeler. They know the Yankees aren’t going to trade for Robbie Ray when they know Minny and Houston eat LHP for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don’t think the Indians will trade Bauer despite his antics. The Mets are trying to extort the Yankees. We will see who blinks first.

The Mets aren’t that smart. They’re gonna trade overrated as fuck Wheeler to some non-Yankee team and that’s it. Their plan is to “build” around their rotation next year. 

54 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Ok but what are the Yankees gonna do?

Someone said it already on replacement level Yankees weblog, which I’m sure all of you read: 

seems to me that the Yankees (and most other teams for that matter) are being run these days like any other Fortune 500 company.  the ONLY goal is to maximize bottom line profit.  and i suspect they’ve got just as many quants working the business side as they do the baseball side.  the models are probably telling them that once you have hit X% probability of making the post-season, then the marginal cost of adding talent to increase your chances of winning in the post-season is not adequately offset by the marginal revenue produced by winning in the post-season.  

Translation: they will do nothing. 

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

Stop the presses. 

Shit, that might be the biggest trade so far.  Martin has been very good this season, and Allard is a 2015 HS 1st-rounder who has already pitched well at AAA.  

Edit: so I was immediately corrected.

Edited by Beau Vine