2019 MLB thread

spystud13

8 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah, the Yankees are unraveling right now. Keeping my fingers crossed that they overpay for Minor, but it doesn’t matter. The AL is the Astro’s to lose whether they make a move or not. But they were the best team in the AL last year (in my opinion) and lost 4-1 to the Red Sox. Because, baseball. 

Astros were not the best team in the AL last year.  There is really no argument for any team over Boston last year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Astros were not the best team in the AL last year.  There is really no argument for any team over Boston last year.

You might be right. I just felt like the Astros pitching was a lot better, and their lineups were similar with a slight edge to Boston. But I’m never afraid to admit when I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about, so I could be wrong. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You might be right. I just felt like the Astros pitching was a lot better, and their lineups were similar with a slight edge to Boston. But I’m never afraid to admit when I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about, so I could be wrong. 

I think you're right on paper but on the field last year the Red Sox just seemed unstoppable.  When a team has a year like the Red Sox did there is just no argument against them.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Baseball players are such bitchass bitches. "He watched his home run too long, boo hoo." Fucking snowflake bitches.

Based on the history of that organization, that’s 100% on Clint hurdle. I’m sure Kela was excited for the opportunity to throw at a guy and start a fight, but he was following orders. Everyone from the broadcasters to the lower level minor leaguers in that organization is old school baseball.

Aaron Sanchez move is super underrated. He has filthy stuff, and could come up huge for them in the postseason. For example the Cubs ended up relying on Carl Edwards Jr and Mike Montgomery to close out the World Series. Having an arm like Sanchez available out of the pen or even as a starter is big. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

Fair deal for both sides.  The Dbacks picked up a good chunk of Greinke's salary, (24 out of 77 million)

Martin just had Tommy John
JB has had a disappointing season at AA
Rojas is a good utility prospect, but the Astros don't have a spot for him in the majors
Beer is a very good hitting 1st basemen.  He probably is the biggest loss for the Astros.

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah the astros are winning the world series.

It’s not even just about adding Grienke. The fact that the Yankees didn’t do a god damn thing to their rotation is just funny to me. I don’t think it would’ve mattered (even if the Yankees added a piece and the Astros stood pat) but now it’s just overkill. Like golden state warriors overkill. But baseball is a funny game. You never really know until the flag goes up.