2019 MLB thread

spystud13

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Why does he needs a translator? He was born in Montreal and has lived in North America his whole life.  

Pretty sure he speaks English but doesn't feel comfortable enough with it to use it in interviews...in every day with his team mates etc it's likely English...

50 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

312 HRs tonight.

next closest was last year...221 HRs

so stupid 

It isn't my money, but Vlad Jr had seven figures stolen from him through a garbage rule setup. Have at least the semis mean something toward the final. It's silly that Alonso's shit effort netted him a million. 

14 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

so hard to say because it's all about a)getting into a rhythm, and b)not tiring yourself out, and we don't exactly know who can do that. i'll go with alonso because he can just straight mash, but i'll be rooting for vladdy.

do i ever get these things wrong? 

they should stick with the 4 minute (plus bonus time -- though they should up the distance to like 460 or so) format, but seed the guys 1-8 and no bracket. 

round 1, they go in reverse seed order and everyone hits.  the top 4 advance to round 2 and the top 2 after round 2 advance to the final.

but there is a catch: they keep a cumulative count of your hr's.  so they all count. 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:25 AM, MC Fresh Breath said:

So, when I see something like this, am I just being retarded when I think "bunt down the third base line?"  I mean, I must be, since it just to me looks like the obvious move.  I guess I'm missing something.

I was at a game last week where, bottom of the 9th, one run lead, man on 3rd base, and the defense had the shift loaded up on a lefty (Kyle Seager?).  Did he take the run-scoring, game-tying single they were offering him by dropping a bunt?  No, he took a big swing and grounded out to first to end the game.  I wanted to run out on the field and strangle him. 

If you love baseball, you should have already read this book:

519CcL1mGcL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's probably the most important book written about MLB in many years.  I had it in Seattle last week, and the guy I was staying with got interested in it, and said, "Let's go down and visit Driveline."  We walked in, and a guy who worked there asked if he could help us.  To my astonishment, he said he'd be happy to show us around the whole place and spent 30 minutes showing us the lab and the workout room and all the equipment and how guys used it.  Just amazingly cool.  I told him I'd work there for free.

0706191306-resized.jpg

0706191324a-resized.jpg

• Like 6