2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

as much as i'd love to see some other team find value in white, i think this ends up with him being dfa'd, either by us, or someone silly enough to trade for him.

He had his good moments. At least he's not Carlos "What The Fuck Is He Doing" Gomez levels of awful. He's more like Mike Fiers: Moments of awesome peppered by a general malaise of badness.

Edited by Rimbo

I know Brantley is made of glass, so they have to treat him with kid gloves, but damn this is a stretch where it would be nice to see him in the lineup every night. The continued waiting for Alvarez and Tucker to replace White feels like slow motion. But, hey, it's the Mariners. Maybe we can keep the magic up.

Earlier today, the Mariners decided to sit Leblanc and let their bullpen throw the entire game. Hinch  wanted to keep the set off day for Brantley in tact and with the righty-lefty swithing turns nature of bullpen, he decided he to maintain the lineup he already scratched out.

Edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez
  • Like 1

Seattle has 22 more errors than any other team in the Majors.

Wow.

Announcers commend Houston baserunning.

Chirinos says fuck all that noise.

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Let’s make a deal ! - Fisher / white / kemp / young arm or two

id have zero issues throwing in beer if needed 

Does Jeter have anything Houston wants?

I always say once a rival school dude goes pro, I'll root for them to do well.

This cat makes it easy as hell to pull for him.

Edited by slorch

Korey Lee, C, California (Cal) - Teammate to Andrew Vaughn, and has been hitting cleanup most of the season. Lee has also been in the mix as their second best hitter too. On the season he’s hitting .325 with 11 HR. The negatives are that he does have swing and miss to his game. On the defensive side, Lee has thrown out 50% of runners, but has five errors and five passed balls.

A surprise first-rounder, but Korey Lee is definitely interesting. He’s a big, strong man with a bazooka arm behind the plate and obvious raw power. Needs some refinement, but #Astros got a guy with undeniable upside.

Edited by tx 3 putt