2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

they're having the bregs vs trout for mvp conversation on mlbn, and they pointed out that no team ever has won the mvp, roy, and cy young in the same season.  they pointed out some times where it could've happened (where one person won 2/3 by themselves - fred lynn, vida blue), but it's never happened.

then they said 2/3 were guaranteed.  obviously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

they're having the bregs vs trout for mvp conversation on mlbn, and they pointed out that no team ever has won the mvp, roy, and cy young in the same season.  they pointed out some times where it could've happened (where one person won 2/3 by themselves - fred lynn, vida blue), but it's never happened.

then they said 2/3 were guaranteed.  obviously.

That’s good shit. Bregs needs to keep on keepin’ on to make it happen.

yankees are up 3-2 on toronto.  i looked up in the 6th and saw ottavino in.  now kahnle is in.

happ started and went 5+ and i know boone is talking about piggybacking, tandem, openers, whatever in the postseason for everyone not named paxton.  i just wonder if they can keep this up - with these same guys coming in basically every day.  when they're playing the blue jays, it doesn't much matter, but a 5 game series against the twins could be dangerous.  betances is out.  german is out (i guess?).

i know they can rake, because every time i look up, somebody i've barely heard of is hitting a homer, and they'll definitely have to if they want to beat minnesota or oakland.  but they went down to boston three times 3-0 last year, and couldn't really get their bullpen to take over games and it lost them the series.  hopefully that shit happens again.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

yankees are up 3-2 on toronto.  i looked up in the 6th and saw ottavino in.  now kahnle is in.

happ started and went 5+ and i know boone is talking about piggybacking, tandem, openers, whatever in the postseason for everyone not named paxton.  i just wonder if they can keep this up - with these same guys coming in basically every day.  when they're playing the blue jays, it doesn't much matter, but a 5 game series against the twins could be dangerous.  betances is out.  german is out (i guess?).

i know they can rake, because every time i look up, somebody i've barely heard of is hitting a homer, and they'll definitely have to if they want to beat minnesota or oakland.  but they went down to boston three times 3-0 last year, and couldn't really get their bullpen to take over games and it lost them the series.  hopefully that shit happens again.

oh hello, smoak just took kahnle deep.  4-3 jays.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

Not so fast, my friend!

Dammit! Too slow!

Edited by Wishbone