2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

We own the tiebreaker against the Yankees, and I think we will soon own the tiebreaker over the Dodgers, but one of y'all can check me on that. I think the World Series home field advantage tiebreaker if we have the same record will be division record because we didn't play interleague against them this year, and we are six games up on the Dodgers in our respective division records.

NL West blows ass.  Dodgers should be about 60-7 against the West.  We would be if we were over there.  Hell we would only have 10 losses in the AL West if it wasn't for the 1 other real team in both those divsions that isn't leading 

Edited by Scraps

I find it hard to compare the two West divisions. Don't know what our record would be if we were still out west in the NL (thanks, Bud), but not all of those teams are as weak as I thought they'd be. Arizona is still over .500 despite a recent tailspin. (Losing Greinke didn't help.) Also, the Giants seem to be on the rise. For that matter, even the Padres are halfway decent. The Rockies bite...but then, we also have some dogs in our own division.

All that said, doesn't matter. If we get to the World Series with our top three starters healthy and no more injuries to our better hitters, I love our chances. 

27 minutes ago, Scraps said:

NL West blows ass.  Dodgers should be about 60-7 against the West.  We would be if we were over there.  Hell we would only have 10 losses in the AL West if it wasn't for the 1 other real team in both those divsions that isn't leading 

Actually the AL & NL west are fairly mirror image except for ARI & OAK

LAD == HOU
SFG == TEX
SDP == LAA
COL == SEA

But yeah the Dodgers should have a better record because OAK is 14 games better than ARI

47 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I find it hard to compare the two West divisions. Don't know what our record would be if we were still out west in the NL (thanks, Bud), but not all of those teams are as weak as I thought they'd be. Arizona is still over .500 despite a recent tailspin. (Losing Greinke didn't help.) Also, the Giants seem to be on the rise. For that matter, even the Padres are halfway decent.

Are you high?  All the teams in both West divisions suck ass except the Stros, Dodgers and A's.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Are you high?  All the teams in both West divisions suck ass except the Stros, Dodgers and A's.  

I don't consider teams around .500 to actually suck. They're obviously not elite...but they're not the Angels or Mariners or Rockies, either. Those teams suck. I'll grant you the Padres still are kind of sucky, but not nearly as much as they were a year ago.