2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hopefully we get 100 tomorrow to rub Arlington's nose in shit then it leaves us with 7 of 9 games against the Troutless Angels to keep the MFY at bay.

I was hoping it would be CFM & Snell going against them but it looks like McKay vs Sabathia in Game 1 (not good) and Morton vs Happ in Game 2 (very good)

We know LAA & TEX are going to lay down for the Yankees so the Jays & Rays are our only real chances at MFY losses.

52 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah it was pretty cool that he did it with a triple in the 9th too... Like no pressure your last chance to get the toughest hit in baseball

I didn't see the triple. But if he'd already had one earlier in the game, would he have stopped at second in the ninth? Question is moot but intriguing.

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I didn't see the triple. But if he'd already had one earlier in the game, would he have stopped at second in the ninth? Question is moot but intriguing.

I remember one year when Biggio was going for the doubles record he never would try for a triple.  The ball would be rattling around in the corner and Biggio would just jog into second base.  And that was in the Dome which was a great park for triples.  56 doubles.  0 triples.

• Like 2

Lots of big shit on the line tonight...

1) Undefeated against Arlington at Minute Maid 

2) Playoff clinch with a win

3) 3rd consecutive 100 win season becoming only the 6th franchise and 6th time in MLB history this has been done

4) With 8 strikeouts Cole would become the 3rd pitcher in franchise history to record 300 Ks in a season (1986 Mike Scott & 1978-79 J.R. Richard)

If #4 happens then it swings the door wide open for Verlander to get 17 strikeouts across his final two starts (assuming Hinch doesn't screw him) for he and Cole to become only the 2nd pair of teammates to strike out 300 in a season.  2002 Johnson & Schilling being the only instance so far in history.

• Like 1