Greatest Political Con-Jobs in U.S. History

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Saaaaay, this is another of those, let's compare 19th c. America to a modern 21st c. America.  Meaningless comes to mind, and that doesn't require a PHD.

If only 21st c. immigrants could find ways to contribute to America. Several examples have been given already itt.

Just now, retread said:

If only 21st c. immigrants could find ways to contribute to America. Several examples have been given already itt.

Yeah here boy mow my lawn, or work in a job that doesn't pay a living wage so you can support the wife and 2.7 children you drug along...  If you have no educational skills, no trade skills, no means of support and you aren't a political refugee in danger of physical harm, the border needs to be regulated and controlled much better than we do currently.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, retread said:

Rs had Congress and the WH for 2 years. Why not done changing asylum laws?

No idea, you could apply that concept to many issues. They democrats controlled congress for almost 50 years, lots of shit they didn't change in that time either.  What it suggests to me is corporate interests drive laws over civic issues.

Count me in the Anastasis, American Swindle, Man in Black group on this issue. Have a nice Sunday.

Name one politician who isn't.
Just one.

All politicians lie //lock thread.

The Ds got ACA done. The Rs had no idea what to do when it came time to repeal/replace. Nor do they know how to control the deficit.

All politicians lie, but I’m more cool with some lies than others, cause Goooooooo Team!!! //double lock thread.
  • Like 2

Just now, retread said:

The Ds passed substantive law that works.

What's the Rs' tack? Dismantle ACA piece by piece with no idea how to formulate a replacement plan.

It works ?  Our deductible tripled and our monthly costs went up by a third.  How is that working ?

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It works ?  Our deductible tripled and our monthly costs went up by a third.  How is that working ?

Then make changes in the law to improve it. Or replace it. The Rs didn't know how to do either for 2 years.

They had >25 years since Hillary's attempt at healthcare reform in the 90s, and they still have no replacement plans. Sure DOTUS can say Across State Lines and Pre-existing Conditions a thousand times, but that's not a fix.

Edited by retread

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Don’t act like you give a shit about that

How am I acting like I don't give a shit. Liar is a pretty bad label to hang on someone IMO, if they have morals.  Monster isn't a real thing, it's a meaningless word in that context, and it was just DD being a sarcastic rube.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

How am I acting like I don't give a shit. Liar is a pretty bad label to hang on someone IMO, if they have morals.  Monster isn't a real thing, it's a meaningless word in that context, and it was just DD being a sarcastic rube.

By wholeheartedly abandoning American values in support of the most prolific liar in American political history 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

The GOP begging for the House to get things done. Then begging for the Senate. Finally begging for the for the White House.

Still no substantial legislation, besides Mule Piss Mitch standing strong on Kavanauh.

Bankrupting the country while the media screams about bread and circuses and whinges incessantly about the Russia hoax is a pretty good con job.

Edited by Thetexashammer

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah here boy mow my lawn, or work in a job that doesn't pay a living wage so you can support the wife and 2.7 children you drug along...  If you have no educational skills, no trade skills, no means of support and you aren't a political refugee in danger of physical harm, the border needs to be regulated and controlled much better than we do currently.

All you have to do is read a history book to learn that America has ALWAYS benefited and profited from taking immigrants in regardless of race, religion, education, or financial standing.  It’s precisely how we became the shining city on a hill and the greatest economic and military superpower the world has ever known.   

But fuck that I guess 

All you have to do is read a history book to learn that America has ALWAYS benefited and profited from taking immigrants in regardless of race, religion, education, or financial standing.  It’s precisely how we became the shining city on a hill and the greatest economic and military superpower the world has ever known.   

But fuck that I guess 

America also benefited from slavery, I guess we should go back because it was so helpful in getting us to this point.

Just because something from the past worked, doesn’t mean, it should be so in 2019.

Maybe you should read a history book, instead of Talking Point Memos all day.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

America is still benefiting from slavery.  We didn’t send all the slaves back to Africa.  We incorporated them into our society.  Look at all the wonderful things descendants of slaves have produced in this country.

Responses to this will be telling

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Although Texashammer did lose his $7.00 an hour job in the chicken processing plant because of the illegals so I can understand why he’s pissed off. 

He smells a lot better lately though. 

Those chickens aren't just gonna pluck themselves.

What a stupid fucking post.

Obviously a liberal shit master with nothing of relevance. Go troll Trump.

America is still benefiting from slavery.  We didn’t send all the slaves back to Africa.  We incorporated them into our society.  Look at all the wonderful things descendants of slaves have produced in this country.

Nice dodge. The conversation is about continuing to allow open immigration because it worked so well in the past.

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Obviously a liberal shit master with nothing of relevance. Go troll Trump.

Nice dodge. The conversation is about continuing to allow open immigration because it worked so well in the past.

We don't have open immigration and we never have.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Sucks that this has turned into the ant-immigration thread, But..

These people work in a lot of trades and have a lot of different skills. They also have a work ethic that most Americans don't. These children that you are complaining about do assimilate, and if we would just brink our education system up to first world standards they have the potential to fill the intellect gap that we are currently importing from Asia.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Gosh it only took almost 65 years for them to get it done... well done.. well done. 

Dems, ACA, Medicare, Medicaid.  How many years since Repubs had any healthcare initiative 

I’m not clicking on all that. If you have an argument make it. 

Just giving you examples of immigration being compared to slavery to further the liberal agenda.

Lest smarmy ding dong like Hobbes2702 starts acting brand new.

He doesn’t.

If it possible stop acting like a passive aggressive liberal shit.

0474301ffb8bd7fc969ad0d81b9c7c4a.gif

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Just giving you examples of immigration being compared to slavery to further the liberal agenda.

Lest smarmy ding dong like Hobbes2702 starts acting brand new.

If it possible stop acting like a passive aggressive liberal shit.

0474301ffb8bd7fc969ad0d81b9c7c4a.gif

You could stop saying stupid shit.