Greatest Political Con-Jobs in U.S. History

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, retread said:

Immigrants from Central America are sweaty-toothed savages who are going to take your votes and your way of life.

Please explain what an uneducated, unskilled, poor, Central American with family in tow (any person fitting that description actually) does bring to the improved quality of the American experience.  

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Please explain what an uneducated, unskilled, poor, Central American with family in tow (any person fitting that description actually) does bring to the improved quality of the American experience.  

Makes you wonder how awesome New York City would be today if Ellis Island was in Houston instead of NY Bay. 

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I used to live in Houston.  If I wanted anything done to my house or lawn I could have a team of people willing to work hard for cheap to get the job done.  I now live in Trump country with few immigrants.  I can’t get shit done to my home.  The MAGAs that will actually take the job at twice what I paid in Houston do a shitty job, take 2-3x as long and several will quit before finishing.  Also the food sucks without immigrants.

• Like 5

Just now, Horn Dog said:

I used to live in Houston.  If I wanted anything done to my house or lawn I could have a team of people willing to work hard for cheap to get the job done.  I now live in Trump country with few immigrants.  I can’t get shit done to my home.  The MAGAs that will actually take the job at twice what I paid in Houston do a shitty job, take 2-3x as long and several will quit before finishing.  Also the food sucks without immigrants.

Yep that's it your lawn is the most important consideration...  You sound like Walmart. I'm getting cheap labor let them apply for welfare for the rest of their living.

• Like 2

Just now, retread said:

I remember all the PhD/MD immigrants that came to America in the 19th/early 20th century. Glad we didn't just let anybody in to our club.

They were forced to work or starve, but I'm sure you knew that.  (zero gov't handouts)

The reason one of us is for open borders and one of us is against it, is due to one of us having to pay for it.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

They do necessary labor at a low cost, then they put most of the dollars they earned back into the local economy and pay state sales tax when they do.  The entire Republican party needs a fucking economics class.

And they're, you know, human beings.  If you'd been born into their situation, you'd cross that river, too.  Hell, it's a near certainty that your ancestors crossed an ocean.  But I guess that was different.

So much for compassionate conservatism, right?

Once again, I want my  cheap labor that doesn't create a living wage.  Or maybe we then need to give them a living wage ?  I'm sure prices will stay right where they are. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Makes you wonder how awesome New York City would be today if Ellis Island was in Houston instead of NY Bay. 

You're really trying to compare this to people coming to a 19th c. agrarian America ?  A nation wIth no welfare or social services at the time. Where people had to pretty much make it on theIr own without gov't assistance.  

Those folks were often not unskilled they were farmers, tradesman skilled labor in many different areas. 

• Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Now you guys give a shit about living wages?

I'm just using the argument you or another fellow traveler will surely try to use. A living wage is for people doing jobs that should provide a living wage, not flipping burgers at Mc Donalds.  You cannot continue to add to a welfare roll without negative repercussions for the society as a whole.

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why do you think people want to come here? 

I want people to come here for economic freedom, safety, to be Americans, but you simply cannot take every person who wants to come. How do you not understand that ?

You cannot bring in a steady stream of uneducated, destitute people. We have no program in place to get people assimilated (which apparently is a horrible thing to do to people who want to come to your country to benefit for it's many economic opportunities).   We don't handle our own underclass in any way shape or form that leads me to believe we can add hundreds of thousands of non English speaking, unskilled, destitute  people.  We only increase the underclass, and increase welfare costs, often to the detriment of our own citizens..

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 2

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Anything espoused by the republicans is a con job, fucking die off already you nitwits, we need an actual conservative voice in this country that doesnt come with a bunch of redneck, bible beating, anti-scientific bullshit.

This is a singularly ignorant comment.  Yeah every conservative in the country is a redneck. Jeebus the idiocy of some people astounds daily. EXHIBIT A^^^^

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Anything espoused by the republicans is a con job, fucking die off already you nitwits, we need an actual conservative voice in this country that doesnt come with a bunch of redneck, bible beating, anti-scientific bullshit.

The problem with the GOP is that it’s basically an alliance between con artists and their gullible marks.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

This is a singularly ignorant comment.  Yeah every conservative in the country is a redneck. Jeebus the idiocy of some people astounds daily. EXHIBIT A^^^^

Look, it’s not our fault that thought leaders like Will, Buckley, Kemp, etc. were replaced by Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro, and the My Pillow guy.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Look, it’s not our fault that thought leaders like Will, Buckley, Kemp, etc. were replaced by Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro, and the My Pillow guy.

Ben Shapiro is right about everything...including his unapologetic criticisms of Trump.  If you disagree with Ben, you're wrong...you're just too simple to understand why or you don't know it yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

12 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

Ben Shapiro is right about everything...including his unapologetic criticisms of Trump.  If you disagree with Ben, you're wrong...you're just too simple to understand why or you don't know it yet.

This fella here knows Ben Shapiro is right because those brain pills he bought from Ben made him smarter.

55 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You're really trying to compare this to people coming to a 19th c. agrarian America ?  A nation wIth no welfare or social services at the time. Where people had to pretty much make it on theIr own without gov't assistance.  

Those folks were often not unskilled they were farmers, tradesman skilled labor in many different areas. 

They had plenty of government assistance.  Ever hear of the homestead act?  And the government jobs program called the US Army made up of mostly immigrants and ex-slaves that protected those homesteaders and their property.  It wasn’t “welfare” but it sure was free.  

20 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

Haaaaaah!!!!! Come on Zing....wipe that orange jizz off your chin and from around your bunghole and scoot on back over to The Political Asylum.....

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Speaking as an immigrant and part of the bullshit model minority... short-term wise probably not much. Other than what's been described of filling the gaps where low wage labor is needed and contributing fantastic food to this country. I also don't want to dismiss your concerns about how there's a strain on our system and the context of the US now is very different from a century ago or even a decade ago. 

Should we open the flood-gates and let everyone in—of course not. We should not. And this is sentimental of me but my belief is that uneducated, unskilled, poor immigrant once allowed and able to set roots here... it may take more than one generation but from that genesis will come productive citizens and heck the next great ______. 

Take this little boy as en example. Identified early as a chess whiz, who knows how his talents will be nurtured and how it'll benefit his community. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/23/opinion/sunday/homeless-chess-champion-tani.html

I know a lot of the self-identified conservative posters on this board likes to jeer at a "liberal's" use of emotions in our opinions... well guilty here. Because I don't have a policy solution ready to whip out right now. I think ultimately what pisses me off and concerns me these days is some of the posters here and in our country using language and expressing thoughts that debase immigrants or treat them as less-than (not saying you did this). Heck perception wise to me, that's even creeped into legal immigrants. 

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

They had plenty of government assistance.  Ever hear of the homestead act?  And the government jobs program called the US Army made up of mostly immigrants and ex-slaves that protected those homesteaders and their property.  It wasn’t “welfare” but it sure was free.  

Fair points, but no income tax to take funds from other people to support it. And millions and millions of acres of uninhabited land that had no dollars tied to them. No support system that took form one group and gave to another.  We wanted expansion and more people to fuel a a growing economy.  Again a far far different situation exists today.

You can't compere 19th c. immigration. to 21st c. immigration and the issues surrounding them. The cost of living in a country today is vasty different from then. The education level comparable as well. An agrarian society is not the same as the educated/technological /service society we have today.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well when you let the leader of your party be an idiot who spouts off ignorant redneck bullshit, and nobody within the party seems to see any problem with it nor do they try to correct it, reasonable people tend to interpret it that way.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Fair points, but no income tax to take funds from other people to support it. And millions and millions of acres of uninhabited land that had no dollars tied to them. No support system that took form one group and gave to another.  We wanted expansion and more people to fuel a a growing economy.  Again a far far different situation exists today.

You can't compere 19th c. immigration. to 21st c. immigration and the issues surrounding them. The cost of living in a country today is vasty different from then. The education level comparable as well. An agrarian society is not the same as the educated/technological /service society we have today.

Hmmmmm.

2 hours ago, retread said:

I remember all the PhD/MD immigrants that came to America in the 19th/early 20th century. Glad we didn't just let anybody into our club.

Saaaaay, this is another of those, let's compare 19th c. America to a modern 21st c. America.  Meaningless comes to mind, and that doesn't require a PHD.