Greatest Political Con-Jobs in U.S. History

Hugo Stiglitz

Trump's con was un fucking believable. The amount of credulity and hypocrisy that populates his base is staggering.

The Pentagon papers pretty much showed 90% of the Vietnam War was a con. Iraq War was a straight up global con job. 

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Except for landmark legislation and Supreme Court cases. Little things like that.

It's a false dichotomy. There is no actual liberal or conservative ideology that requires people to take a particular stand on an issue. The concepts are mostly devoid of any meaning.

For you wizards that actually have the temerity to list the ACA as a dem accomplishment...well, uh...do you know this?

and by this, I mean this > the ACA was such an abject failure/disaster politically for the dems in every possible way   Let's look at the numbers.

After the ACA was crammed down America's throat and the 'vote' was complete, the D's went on to lose (NET) 816 state legislative seats, 13 governorships, 12 US Senators, and 63 US house reps.  THE MOST LOP-SIDED ASS KICKING FOR PUBS HOLDING OFFICE ACROSS AMERICA SINCE THE ROARING '20s.

Now, I know Rachel Maddow probably isn't gonna cover this ^^^ so I'll go ahead and break it to you.  

The ACA...the gift that keeps on giving.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

That's just not true.

An argument could be made that Obama is far more conservative than Trump.

The muslim ban, the border wall, the trade war, the farmers handout, the national emergency redirecting funds, the graft, the love affair with brutal dictators.  

These are not conservative positions at all. 

9 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You sound like Walmart. I'm getting cheap labor let them apply for welfare for the rest of their living.

6 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It works ?  Our deductible tripled and our monthly costs went up by a third.  How is that working ?

You sound like Walmart.  Im getting cheap health insurance that doesn’t really cover the cost of health care but apply for “free” care at the ER when you really get sick.

Edited by Horn Dog

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

You sound like Walmart.  Im getting cheap health insurance that doesn’t really cover the cost of health care but apply for “free” care at the ER when you really get sick.

Yeah I have no idea what you're trying to assert. We had good health insurance, and reasonable deductions pre ACA. Now we don't have reasonably priced her;lth insurance. You need to find your own analogy, and please try to make it relevant and accurate.  The ACA actually caused a spike in emergency room visits, if you didn't know that.

What we have is exactly what you describe. A $5,000 deductible and monthly costs a third more than they used to be for a $2500 deductible when we had a four member household.  The ACA is a shell game that gave democrats the warm and fuzzy notion that they gave health care to everyone, they didn't.  They just increased profits for health care companies.

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah I have no idea what you're trying to assert. We had good health insurance, and reasonable deductions pre ACA. Now we don't have reasonably priced her;lth insurance. You need to find your own analogy, and please try to make it relevant and accurate.  The ACA actually caused a spike in emergency room visits, if you didn't know that.

What we have is exactly what you describe. A $5,000 deductible and monthly costs a third more than they used to be for a $2500 deductible when we had a four member household.  The ACA is a shell game that gave democrats the warm and fuzzy notion that they gave health care to everyone, they didn't.  They just increased profits for health care companies.

So I assume you support single payer? 

33 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yea lets see what your old health plan covered and what your new one does.  Is it identical or nah?  The point is that your new plan reflects what it actually costs to provide people with comprehensive care and let insurance companies have a nice profit.  Your old plan did not. 

The analagy is relevant and accurate.  You called me walmart cause my lawn bill doesn’t support a middle class wage.  Well guess what. Your cheap health plan with limited coverage doesnt support a middle class society either.  

Edited by Horn Dog

4 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Yea lets see what your old health plan covered and what your new one does.  Is it identical or nah?  The point is that your new plan reflects what it actually costs to provide people with comprehensive care and let insurance companies have a nice profit.  Your old plan did not. 

The analagy is relevant and accurate.  You called me walmart cause my lawn bill doesn’t support a middle class wage.  Well guess what. Your cheap health plan with limited coverage doesnt support a middle class society either.  

Dude my wife is in the insurance industry. We had great coverage before, and not so great coverage after.  Yeah it did.  You don't know what you're even trying to talk about. 

Now go find another lawn boy who'll cut your grass for less than the last illegal alien you exploited.

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude my wife is in the insurance industry. We had great coverage before, and not so great coverage after.  Yeah it did.  You don't know what you're even trying to talk about. 

Now go find another lawn boy who'll cut your grass for less than the last illegal alien you exploited.

That's one story.

It is not indicative of the overall experience of the ACA.

25 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No it didnt and you are full if shit

• Like 1

I would have to say it's a tie between Sen. Jackson's Coalition for Moral Order.  I mean the campaign slogan alone, was seedy..."The money's on the dresser, Chocolate."

And oh yeah, also the Great Society's War on Poverty.  Spending to combat it up over the last 55 years, but the rate is almost the exact same as a percentage of Americans.  I know most of you will blame Reagan, but the 15 years before him and the 30 years since don't really quite reflect that...

Obamacare works fantastically for me.

Not having health care because of a pre-existing condition is a form of murder.

Oh, and working in the insurance industry means you're fucking unskilled. Please explain to me what the skill is. Also what is Trump's skill? Diagnosing wind cancer? If that were a true thing btw, the skilled workers in the insurance industry would deny you coverage for that. And/or make you pay multi thousands of dollars for your wind cancer pills.

Opposition to modern immigration is flat out racism. The country is full = _____ need not apply.

If we deported every illegal this week the Texas economy would crater in about a month, and these pro trump Maga bastards would probably lose their jobs resultantly.

Also -- biggest US welfare queens are the racist Maga southerners. Former & current unskilled, uneducated illiterate white trash immigrants from Europe.

Greatest political con job in history has to be America. Specifically, "Manifest Destiny".

Genocide & Slavery as our national "oranges" transmogrified into Trump's Russia-engineered electoral college sham is about as undemocratic a narrative as it gets.  

What a piss poor and totally shameful  actualization of destiny.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Harvard Man said:

Obamacare works fantastically for me.

Not having health care because of a pre-existing condition is a form of murder.

Oh, and working in the insurance industry means you're fucking unskilled. Please explain to me what the skill is. Also what is Trump's skill? Diagnosing wind cancer? If that were a true thing btw, the skilled workers in the insurance industry would deny you coverage for that. And/or make you pay multi thousands of dollars for your wind cancer pills.

Opposition to modern immigration is flat out racism. The country is full = _____ need not apply.

If we deported every illegal this week the Texas economy would crater in about a month, and these pro trump Maga bastards would probably lose their jobs resultantly.

Also -- biggest US welfare queens are the racist Maga southerners. Former & current unskilled, uneducated illiterate white trash immigrants from Europe.

Greatest political con job in history has to be America. Specifically, "Manifest Destiny".

Genocide & Slavery as our national "oranges" transmogrified into Trump's Russia-engineered electoral college sham is about as undemocratic a narrative as it gets.  

What a piss poor and totally shameful  actualization of destiny.

Sock ^^^

50 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Yeah, the Iraq War may be the winner.

It's a runoff between the Gulf of Tonkin and Weapons of Mass Destruction with WMD and Iraq taking the win. With the Vietnam war the justification sounds reasonable on paper, sort of. The justification for the Iraq War was just straight up bullshit. Not to mention that it was bundled with the War on Terror which also included a stripping of civil liberties.

10 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

My insurance coverage stayed pretty much the same and the cost only went up about the same amount it always has.  In the mantra of the GOP backers, “Fuck you, I kept mine.”

And stop whining, snowflake.

3 hours ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

The Teapot Dome Scandal and it is not even close.

How was Teapot Dome a con job?

In terms of corruption, the Trump administration dwarfs Teapot Dome and it's not close. Harding and Nixon are both in awe. And Dick Cheney is still kicking himself for selling off his Halliburton stock before assuming the Vice Presidency (although I'm sure his old friends have compensated him handsomely for his efforts on their behalf).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, F250 said:

It's a runoff between the Gulf of Tonkin and Weapons of Mass Destruction with WMD and Iraq taking the win. With the Vietnam war the justification sounds reasonable on paper, sort of. The justification for the Iraq War was just straight up bullshit. Not to mention that it was bundled with the War on Terror which also included a stripping of civil liberties.

To me the answer is Vietnam based on how long we were there and how many lives were lost. When none of those presidents responsible for executing the war believed it was winnable but still got well over half the country on board, that takes the cake for me. Iraq seemed a similar deal just on a smaller scale IMO. 

• Like 1