2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

C-Man

22 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

What is the significance of playing “Take me Home, Country Roads”to a bunch of midwest living St. Louis fans? Why do they get so jazzed up over it?

Or "Gloria" after a Win. Guess it's just their thing.

Gloria was due to the players, I didn't know the story, but its outlined here:

"Gloria," it turns out, came to the Blues by way of Jacks NYB, a bar in South Philadelphia where a group of Blues players went to watch the Eagles-Bears playoff game on Jan. 6. According to Blues forward Robby Fabbri, one patron kept yelling "Play Gloria!" during commerical breaks to request Branigan's 1982 hit. The DJ obliged, the bar went wild, and Fabbri and his teammates hatched an idea.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/whats-blues-playing-gloria-and-country-roads-home-games

They also talk about Country Roads in the article too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Gloria was due to the players, I didn't know the story, but its outlined here:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/whats-blues-playing-gloria-and-country-roads-home-games

They also talk about Country Roads in the article too.

Interesting.  Thanks for posting.  The "Gloria" part is actually pretty cool now with the backstory.  Country Roads though a forced "tradition".

Good game last night. I really thought STL would wilt after giving up that shorty when they had all the momentum but impressive performance.   Hoping they can pull it out.

I’m not sure how many of y’all follow barstool sports, but they were in St. Louis last night. I always enjoy when Dave Portnoy has to eat a humble pie, but this fan is a pussy for not owning up to it. 

obviously joking, but still funny nonetheless. He’s right about St. Louis being a borderline worthless city though.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m not sure how many of y’all follow barstool sports, but they were in St. Louis last night. I always enjoy when Dave Portnoy has to eat a humble pie, but this fan is a pussy for not owning up to it. 

obviously joking, but still funny nonetheless. He’s right about St. Louis being a borderline worthless city though.

Fuck Dave Portnoy

• Like 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

No doubt Bozak got away with one.  Shit happens.  Boston fans suck ass.  Fuck 'em.

It's a toss up between Boston Sports Fan, Philly Sports Fan, and Ohio State Sports fan for shittiest fan.  F them indeed.

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Are we watching the same game?  Blues are playing their brand of hockey, and Boston’s settling for counterpunching.  

Man, that shot B blocked was a gimme.  I don't know, I just have a bad feeling.  I hope you're right -- this isn't my main sport, although I've followed them forever.