Dallas Stars 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

This is where I long for Shane Churla  Derian Hatcher

Craig Ludwig...Pat Verbeek... fucking Eddie.

I miss that team who didn't take shit off anyone,

He's kinda scary on TV but in person, up close, he's really a terrifying dude. All the other players I've met just some kinda big athletic looking dudes but Polak is a fuckin gorilla.

Hatcher on skates playing by the rules in his prime would make fuckers piss their pants
  • Like 2

Just now, C-Man said:

Was putting my son to bed and missed end of 2nd. Rolled it back and saw the Perron slash.

Keith Jones: “It could’ve been a penalty. I probably would’ve called it.”

Really, fuck face?

Yup. Then their goalie freaked out, bunched Benn in the face after the whistle. Then skated down and slashed Bishop as he was leaving the ice. Totally should be suspended for misconduct. I'd rather see him in the net though, because he's shook as fuck.

Just now, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Decent slash but Bishop sold it like he took a slug to the kidney. Great performance on his part.

He's all ready caught one BS embellishment. But really where he got wacked probably did sting a bit.

2 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Decent slash but Bishop sold it like he took a slug to the kidney. Great performance on his part.

The defender is not making a play on the puck.

If the goalie is protected, make the fucking call.

If they are not.  Why ring up Benn?

It's funny to follow the game on twitter and see comments from Blues fans and hockey fans in general.

Blues fans are saying the announcers are making it sound like a Stars broadcast.  Exactly what we've been saying about them being pro-Blues.

And there are a ton of comments about Dallas being floppers instead of the Blues being cheap shot artists.

7 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

It's funny to follow the game on twitter and see comments from Blues fans and hockey fans in general.

Blues fans are saying the announcers are making it sound like a Stars broadcast.  Exactly what we've been saying about them being pro-Blues.

And there are a ton of comments about Dallas being floppers instead of the Blues being cheap shot artists.

Bishop leapt into Perron's stick, right?

"This chick announcer is seriously the worst I’ve heard since this guy, albeit she is having the time of her life."

Agreed.

I support the NHL's 'Hockey Is For Everyone' policy and find it pretty cool overall. Went to a game in Los Angeles last year that just happened to be LGBT Pride night. Thought it was pretty lame at first but left the arena with a positive review of the whole experience.

Having said that, I get a kick out of the NHL Network and NBC almost always having a black guy in the studio. I like Anson Carter and liked Ray Emory but it was pretty obvious what was going on there. I've been to NHL games across Canada and America from Calgary to Montreal and LA to Buffalo. You know what I didn't see in any of those arenas? Black folks. Black people don't like hockey. I played the game for 28 years. One black teammate. My wife is black. Her and non of her family have any interest in the game. My FIL thinks it's a silly game.

Why not put a Swede in the studio? There's tons in the game and they speak better English than Texans. How bout a Russian? The NHL has a case of the PC's.

Edited by Sweetnsourpoke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

This is where I long for Shane Churla

You have to keep in mind, this is the new 2018-19 National Shinny League.

Old school checking and open ice hitting is a thing of the past. You want fights? Might want to hit an ECHL game.

Polak led the Stars this year in PIM's with 69. SIXTY-NINE!!!!

The game isn't what it used to be.

Edited by Sweetnsourpoke

5 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

What an add that dude was. I've given Nill a lot of shit for the way he's gone about the last few years but damn if he didn't push a bunch of the right buttons this season. What really excites me is that we seem to have some kids that we drafted starting to come with Hintz and a few others. Win or lose here, I'm excited about where this team can go.

• Like 5