2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Didn't KD already sign? I can't imagine there's anyone else on Golden State's roster that Brooklyn--or anyone else--would want that comes close to Russell's salary. Unless Green is in the table.

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Didn't KD already sign? I can't imagine there's anyone else on Golden State's roster that Brooklyn--or anyone else--would want that comes close to Russell's salary. Unless Green is in the table.

Deals can't officially be signed for like a week.  Everything is just handshake deals unless you are DeAndre Jordan. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Maxing out Russell?  Ewww.... He's a nice player but nowhere near a max player.  Not as terrible as he's coming off his rookie contract but..... yikes.  Wonder if the W's would like to find a 3rd team to flip Russell to and get another couple of pieces who may work better?

I disagree. He’s 23, coming off an all star season and is entering his prime. Those are the assets you want to invest in

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Maxing out Russell?  Ewww.... He's a nice player but nowhere near a max player.  Not as terrible as he's coming off his rookie contract but..... yikes.  Wonder if the W's would like to find a 3rd team to flip Russell to and get another couple of pieces who may work better?

That's all I can figure. Dumping Iggy's expiring while it still has (a little) value to get a tradable asset on a team without many of them. Maybe start the season with Russell, see if his game takes another leap forward, and move him later on if the fit isn't clean.

Otherwise, it just feels a bit like a panic move.