Israel

SmokeyBear1861

Wings of Zion, of course that's the fucking name of the plane.

Maybe we shouldn't have begged China to beg Iran not to retaliate and instead maybe directly asked Israel to hold off on closing their eyes and doing a spray n pray on the region for a little while until shit isn't so hot.

I'm sure everyone, including Western media, will interpret this in a completely rational way.
It's insane to deliberately provoke Iran in this way and not expect a response. Literally any country with the capability would respond in this way.
Really happy with Israel for drawing us into what looks to be a major regional conflict that's just begging to spread like wildfire.

They didn’t “deliberately provoke Iran.” Iran has been waging a “proxy” war (and sometimes, really not bothering with the “proxy” part) against Israel for a long-ass time. Iranian backed strikes against Israel are a regular thing. Israel’s return strikes have NOT been to assets on Iranian soil. Objectively, Israel has been restrained with respect to Iran (note the qualifier - I am just speaking to Israel’s actions regarding Iran).
They hit Iranian assets hard last week. Iran wants to hit back. This shit was always going to happen. Sorry, the fucking burden here is on Iran. It has ZERO natural reason to be at war with Israel. It’s a psychotic islamofascist war they’ve been waging for deranged reasons. Fuck em.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

sooo...escalating to a full scale regional war eh? 

eab03dee-e6b1-497d-b145-26f79690dfc2_text.gif

Neither can really invade the other. Iran can use Hezbollah, maybe some groups in Syria. Israel can hit Iranian targets.

More of a tit for that using air forces. One thing Iran can do is fuck up the oil shipments from the Gulf.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

They didn’t “deliberately provoke Iran.” Iran has been waging a “proxy” war (and sometimes, really not bothering with the “proxy” part) against Israel for a long-ass time. Iranian backed strikes against Israel are a regular thing. Israel’s return strikes have NOT been to assets on Iranian soil. Objectively, Israel has been restrained with respect to Iran (note the qualifier - I am just speaking to Israel’s actions regarding Iran).
They hit Iranian assets hard last week. Iran wants to hit back. This shit was always going to happen. Sorry, the fucking burden here is on Iran. It has ZERO natural reason to be at war with Iran. It’s a psychotic islamofascist war they’ve been waging for deranged reasons. Fuck em.

I don't disagree, but even Israel's own intel pointed to Iranian retaliation being extremely likely before they struck that embassy in Syria.

With all they've got going on, can they really stretch themselves far enough to escalate and sustain an external conflict right now?

My main issue is how many American weapons and dollars are being used here. That and everyone over there just being dead set on wiping each other out while we sit to the side and toss dollar bills like we just rolled up hood rich to Chicas Bonitas.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

All that said, the real thing to watch is what OUR diplomats in Israel do. If they're staying put, this is probably not considered that much of a threat.

You don't pull people out as it starts. We did not withdraw our critical staff since Gaza kicked off. We did announce no travel/movement.

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

You don't pull people out as it starts. We did not withdraw our critical staff since Gaza kicked off. We did announce no travel/movement.

i have a feeling they’re bunkered down 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't disagree, but even Israel's own intel pointed to Iranian retaliation being extremely likely before they struck that embassy in Syria.
With all they've got going on, can they really stretch themselves far enough to escalate and sustain an external conflict right now?
My main issue is how many American weapons and dollars are being used here. That and everyone over there just being dead set on wiping each other out while we sit to the side and toss dollar bills like we just rolled up hood rich to Chicas Bonitas.

I don’t disagree with questioning the strategic decision to really open the can of worms with Iran, but I actually think that taking the war to Iran would have been a wiser move to begin with. Iran financed and trained Hamas terrorists. There was a direct link between Iran and the Oct 7 attacks (even though Iran apparently didn’t fully know what its proxy had planned). An actual declaration of war by Israel against Iran would have been justified by most applicable principles of international law.
Go after the specific terrorists in Gaza who committed the war crimes. And take the war to Iran. That would have been a more sound strategy.
Iran has long wanted a full war with Israel. Seems they may be getting it. And it’s one Israeli war where I’m just fine with us supplying them weapons.

i have a feeling they’re bunkered down 

I doubt they’re out getting shakshuka.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And it’s one Israeli war where I’m just fine with us supplying them weapons.

I really don't agree with this. Cleaning up our mess by sponsoring hundreds of thousands, even millions more deaths is not exactly a road I want to go down again. We're already trying our best with that in Gaza.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

I don't think either side wants open warfare with boots on the ground, unless we want Israel to go in I guess. Iran is ripe for another American sponsored regime change, I suppose. Surely this time it will work out great! /s

That was a point I made earlier. How are either going to get there?

• Like 2

I don't think either side wants open warfare with boots on the ground, unless we want Israel to go in I guess. Iran is ripe for another American sponsored regime change, I suppose. Surely this time it will work out great! /s

I’d prefer that the Iranian people took control of their destiny. But if they’re intent on being a psychotic islamofascist regime launching attack after attack (don’t forget that Oct 7 was by Iranian backed and trained Hamas), then fuck em. Regime change? IDGAF. Let the people pick a new regime after this regime is killed where they sleep.

I really don't agree with this. Cleaning up our mess by sponsoring hundreds of thousands, even millions more deaths is not exactly a road I want to go down again. We're already trying our best with that in Gaza.

So…Israel should just continue to let Iran finance, train, and launch attacks on Israeli territory and people over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.
The universal law of FAFO eventually gets triggered.
Iran should stop attacking Israel. It’s never had a good reason to do so. And I’ve long thought that Israel was more restrained than any other nation state on earth would be in its response.
Imagine if Belgium financed, trained, and launched attacks against Poland. Poland long ago would have brought the thunder to Belgium, and rightfully so.
Iran is a shit state doing shit things. This was always going to happen.

57 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Jordan has announced that their air defense will help in shooting shit down. I have no idea their capabilities.

That was my question. Does Israel need Jordan's help? This is like me helping Ryan Gosling pick up women.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

That was my question. Does Israel need Jordan's help? This is like me helping Ryan Gosling pick up women.

Jordan and the US forces (present in Jordan, Syria, and Iraq) are between Israel and Iran. Maybe not a lot of these slow-ass drones even make it Israel?

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to the technical details though.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Why wouldn’t it take AAC help from a neighboring country with the bombs and drones going directly in its air space?  Jordan and Israel both have a vested interest in Jordan participating how they can. 

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I’d prefer that the Iranian people took control of their destiny. But if they’re intent on being a psychotic islamofascist regime launching attack after attack (don’t forget that Oct 7 was by Iranian backed and trained Hamas), then fuck em. Regime change? IDGAF. Let the people pick a new regime after this regime is killed where they sleep.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So…Israel should just continue to let Iran finance, train, and launch attacks on Israeli territory and people over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.
Iran should stop attacking Israel. It’s never had a good reason to do so. And I’ve long thought that Israel was more restrained than any other nation state on earth would be in its response.
Imagine if Belgium financed, trained, and launched attacks against Poland. Poland long ago would have brought the thunder to Belgium, and rightfully so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting rid of the Mullahs, but miss me with mowing down a million civvies to get it done because that's the MO for this type of thing. Pouring one out for Iraq.

It's kind of a moot point anyway because Israel can't roll boots into Iran and force regime change (if they even care to do so, which is debatable). It would be the catalyst for a complete bloodbath in the region and it would be a highly impractical and costly war.

With that said, and assuming I'm right, what's the recourse? I can't see a whole lot of situations where we don't end up being drawn into a shooting war on Iranian soil with American boots on the ground should this escalate into direct warfare.

If there's something this country and the world really doesn't need right at this moment, it's that.

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

well no

I don't know which is higher (1) Iran's stupidity (2) Iran's delusions of grandeur 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

Iran says it will target any country that opens its airspace for an Israeli attack against Iran

From CNN's Hamdi Alkhshali and Adam Pourahmadi

Iran's Defense Minister Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Ashtiani issued a stark warning to any country that allows Israel to utilize its airspace or territory for attacking Iran, saying they will face a “decisive response” from Iran.

“Any country that opens its airspace or soil to Israel to attack Iran will receive our decisive response,” state news IRNA reported, quoting Ashtiani.

Iranian state news reports first wave of ballistic missiles fired toward Israel

Iranian state news IRNA reported that the first barrage of ballistic missiles has been launched toward Israel, citing an informed Iranian source.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Iran says it will target any country that opens its airspace for an Israeli attack against Iran

Iran's Defense Minister Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Ashtiani issued a stark warning to any country that allows Israel to utilize its airspace or territory for attacking Iran, saying they will face a “decisive response” from Iran.

“Any country that opens its airspace or soil to Israel to attack Iran will receive our decisive response,” state news IRNA reported, quoting Ashtiani.

Well, we know that Iraq and Jordan have closed theirs. I doubt Saudi and Turkey want Iranian shit flying above. So, really, that just leaves Syria/Lebanon, which is back to Square 1.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Iranian state news reports first wave of ballistic missiles fired toward Israel

Iranian state news IRNA reported that the first barrage of ballistic missiles has been launched toward Israel, citing an informed Iranian source.

12 minutes, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

image.gif.dd5e050fa19d0e8c004f59cd1e90f996.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Well, we know that Iraq and Jordan have closed theirs. I doubt Saudi and Turkey want Iranian shit flying above. So, really, that just leaves Syria/Lebanon, which is back to Square 1.

12 minutes, right?

Yes. And read the first post again. So if the IAF hits Iran they going to fly around the entire Middle East?

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yes. And read the first post again. So if the IAF hits Iran they going to fly around the entire Middle East?

I can't keep up. Too many moving parts, which I suspect is kind of the point with drones, cruise missiles, and now ballistic ones. 

It'll be a joy (/s) if Hezbollah and the Houthis start shooting off shit next.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

As an American, I’m starting to feel left out. We should attack a country, say Portugal. Their language always sounded weird to me.

don't worry.  i'm sure something is coming to us, if not already here prepared to act.

border wide open

• Fuck You 9