Israel

SmokeyBear1861

Israel is probably the top reason why my foreign policy in the ME is "wall them off and let them kill each other."  Israel is a big boy and doesn't need our help to eradicate nearly all of the ME.  If they lose a war they want to fight (it is my believe they do want to fight in a full blown war) then that is their problem.  I'm an atheist so I don't give a damn about the holy land but if there are fuckers that want to die for it then I say let them die for it.  

I was going to say "who would want that shithole because the weather sucks" but I checked... It seems to be the only place in the region that doesn't have the shittiest weather on earth.  Average temps between 46 and 76 all year.

Edit to clarify:  I have zero understanding why israel needs our help or feels the need to not let other ethnicity have influence or territory in the holy land.  I think Israel should fend for itself just like I feel every other country should when it comes to conflict.  Some may take this as tacit support for israel as they have more military power than most in the area.  That is not the case.  I would be just as fine with them losing a war they engage in as I am with them winning one.  Make them a giant arena and let everyone over there do work on each other.  Then charge the winner with war crimes and disperse their power and crush their military so we don't have to deal with anyone in the region anymore.

Edited by Jhawk

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

One of these days America won't be there.

I doubt that. But if we weren’t would it matter?   They kicked the shit out of Arabs by themselves in 48.  The average Israeli must have 30 points or more advantage on IQ compared to the goat fuckers.  

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

I doubt that. But if we weren’t would it matter?   They kicked the shit out of Arabs by themselves in 48.  The average Israeli must have 30 points or more advantage on IQ compared to the goat fuckers.  

Then they should get on with it. It will only get worse the longer they wait.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

i just suspended jimtom for making "raghead" comments. please, refrain from using goat fuckers as a racist way to refer to arabs. let's restrict that use to refer to aggies, please.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

They were atheists, they may have set themselves up as gods/dictators for life but they weren't practicing a religion no matter how much you or anyone else wants to try and spin it.

When you turn yourself into a god, you therefore obviously believe in a god (I cannot believe that I'm having to explain this to a presumed adult in 2018) and that completely nullifies claims to atheism. The fact that you continue to fail to understand this in no way mitigates its reality. You just want so badly for your first 3 words to be true, and you cannot for the life of you understand why it isn't.

And again, you seem to think that the rejection of the Abrahamic religions is what constitutes an atheist. You are wrong. Atheism isn't just the lack of a religion. It's the lack of belief in a supernatural, anthropomorphic supreme being. Deism, for example, isn't exactly a "religion" in your sense either, but it sure as hell isn't atheism.

Edited by hpslugga

49 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Israel could put them in concentration camps and people on this thread would cheer them for it.  

If you go by the words of David Cameron, i.e. a conservative former PM of the UK (not exactly known for their solidarity with the Palestinians), Gaza is an "open air prison." 

But yes, the more general sentiment of what you said is correct. I once saw a debate between Norman Finkelstein and Benny Morris. In the middle of Finkelstein's demolition of Morris, Morris had the fucking nerve to interrupt him when he was listing "chickens" as one of the items that cannot get through the illegal blockade by saying "THEY'RE HAMAS CHICKENS!!!"

This is the world we live in, folks: where dickheads like Benny Morris can argue that fucking chickens are a security threat to Israel because they're associated with Hamas, and only a handful of people burst into hysterical laughter upon hearing such a farce.

Edited by hpslugga

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

When you turn yourself into a god, you therefore obviously believe in a god (I cannot believe that I'm having to explain this to a presumed adult in 2018) and that completely nullifies claims to atheism. The fact that you continue to fail to understand this in no way mitigates its reality. You just want so badly for your first 3 words to be true, and you cannot for the life of you understand why it isn't.

And again, you seem to think that the rejection of the Abrahamic religions is what constitutes an atheist. You are wrong. Atheism isn't just the lack of a religion. It's the lack of belief in a supernatural, anthropomorphic supreme being. Deism, for example, isn't exactly a "religion" in your sense either, but it sure as hell isn't atheism.

Stalin, Hilter nor Mao would be classified as deists I believe. You need to go to NK for that kind of program.

You’re either just flat out aren’t following, trolling, or just throwing around terms which you haven’t the foggiest idea of what they mean. To be a deist is not the same as believing that you are a deity.

And again, for the third time, atheism isn’t about the lack of a commitment to one or another established, Abrahamic religion. It has to do with the lack of belief in an omniscient anthropomorphic immortal. When you command your subjects to behave as if you are that supreme being, you lose any and all right to call yourself an atheist.

Or, to put it another way, the definition of atheism is not “there is no god...except for me!!!” 

Edited by hpslugga

29 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

You’re either just flat out aren’t following, trolling, or just throwing around terms which you haven’t the foggiest idea of what they mean. To be a deist is not the same as believing that you are a deity.

And again, for the third time, atheism isn’t about the lack of a commitment to one or another established, Abrahamic religion. It has to do with the lack of belief in an omniscient anthropomorphic immortal. When you command your subjects to behave as if you are that supreme being, you lose any and all right to call yourself an atheist.

Or, to put it another way, the definition of atheism is not “there is no god...except for me!!!” 

No I'm following, I just don't agree with your point. Regardless of your belief in a deity.

Let’s avoid a debate on theism and refocus on the issue of whether it’s kosher to exterminate Palestinians, including children, en masse.

Arent there a surprising number of people on the board who support murdering kids?  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Let’s avoid a debate on theism and refocus on the issue of whether it’s kosher to exterminate Palestinians, including children, en masse.

Arent there a surprising number of people on the board who support murdering kids?  

The world is on to Israel's shit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Purgatory County said:

The trumpian foreign policy creedo is an amateurish joke.

Every country is playing him.

Trump said, during the campaign, he would move the Israel Embassy and he did.(whether you agree with the move or not)

30 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The world is on to Israel's shit. 

In fact, we’re only 1 of 7 countries who isn’t. None of this bullshit would be happening if it weren’t for our unprecedented level of cover that we give.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah it is, you can be a dick and do what you just did or you can discuss a point of view that you may think is 100% black and white and recognize your opinion on the matter doesn't make it so.

You haven’t said one remotely correct thing in the course of this useless back-n-forth, so you’ll pardon me if I tell you that I attach as much value to a comment like that as I do to the dust in my car.

Edited by hpslugga

1 minute ago, Smax said:

2 years isn't that long

You're delusional.  The US was the lone superpower in the world under Obama.  Donald will have us in 3rd or 4th by the time his term is up.  If the remaining signatories or the Iran deal decide to stay in, Russia, China and the EU will gain influence in world events while the US shrinks out of relevancy. 

In a year and a half he's already pulled out of the TPP, the Paris Agreement, and Iran deal.  Without a seat at the table, we'll soon be as irrelevant as the UN.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

You haven’t said one remotely correct thing in the course of this useless back-n-forth, so you’ll pardon me if I tell you that I attach as much value to a comment like that as I do to the dust in my car.

All you've done is spout off an opinion that you believe to be fact.  It's not.

1 hour ago, zork said:

Trump said, during the campaign, he would move the Israel Embassy and he did.(whether you agree with the move or not)

I wonder how this benefits the Putin and the gang? Or maybe Bibi  has agreed to a loan  for putting up a Trump hotel in Jerusalem. I hear his going rate is $500 million.

41 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

^ except for having the world's biggest economy and a military that can blow the shit out of anyone. 

What makes you so sure we'll stay the world's biggest economy if our political influence wanes?

And are we going to "blow the shit" out of them like we did in Korea?  Or Vietnam?  Or Iraq?  Or Afghanistan?  Or Syria?  There's been so much winning since WWII it's hard to keep track of which model of success we should use.

Just now, Orca of Peace said:
Just now, David Dennison said:

The US and Russia will never fight on the ground.

Big wars often start over trespassing.. A small skirmish by ground troops will trigger a big war just as likely as a mishap with a couple war planes.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

What makes you so sure we'll stay the world's biggest economy if our political influence wanes?

And are we going to "blow the shit" out of them like we did in Korea?  Or Vietnam?  Or Iraq?  Or Afghanistan?  Or Syria?  There's been so much winning since WWII it's hard to keep track of which model of success we should use.

We can outspend anyone.

6 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Israel could put them in concentration camps and people on this thread would cheer them for it.  

It's called Gaza.

On that note the only 2 state solution I ever expect we will see is Israel and Gaza.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not until Israel recognizes it as such.

right wing Israelis don't recognize "palestine" call them "fake people" and the area is Judea and Samaria. There are no Arabs, it's all a hoax by anti-Semites. 

also, they are not interested in Gaza , except for a few. So there we have it, Israel is already ONE state and all this BS by politicians is just dust in your eyes to not give Palestinians their human rights. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zork said:

Every president has said that.  Trump is just the only one weak enough to give it to the Israelis without getting anything from them in return. 

3 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

The narrator of that video is Gideon Levy of Haaretz. I used to have a subscription to Haaretz and every article right was highly critical and lay virtually all of the blame for this mess at the feet of the Israeli government and military even though he himself is an Israeli Jew. Look, I don’t think anyone likes seeing unarmed amputees or 14 year old kids being killed. I sure as hell don’t. 

What is the endgame for the Palestinians? What are the Israelis supposed to do with the West Bank? They pulled out of Gaza and their reward was Hamas taking over control and being assaulted by hidden tunnels and rockets. I don’t understand why Fatah doesn’t get their fucking house in order and prove to the world they are a legitimate partner for peace and can run an effective government serving the needs of their people. If they did that, then the Palestinians would put the Israelis in the unenviable position of being the modern equivalent of the South African apartheid government which had no legitimate leg to stand on.

7 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Every president has said that.  Trump is just the only one weak enough to give it to the Israelis without getting anything from them in return. 

Well, he did get this mention on the wall outside:

DdKiwCMXkAE_yNn.jpg

That's yuuuuge.

8 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Look, I don’t think anyone likes seeing unarmed amputees or 14 year old kids being killed. I sure as hell don’t. 

Then here's a wacky idea: let's publicly condemn Israel when they shoot unarmed amputees or unarmed children.  Let's demand they stop doing that, and punish soldiers who do so, as a condition for our military, financial, and diplomatic support. 

• Like 3