2019 NCAA Regionals

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

i was just on texags (again, i know) and they were talking about how they really don't care about going home. that walk off was worth it. 

The baseball version of winning halftime...

Those clowns dogpiled after coming back on SFA on a Tuesday in February a couple seasons ago. 

2 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Typical aggy, keep celebrating the walk off grand slam against a Big 12 WVU. But whatever you do, absolutely do NOT worry about the fact that the team you’re about to play has already beaten you once in this tournament.

aggy fail never dies

4 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

ESPN is so busy foaming at the mouth over the secsecsec schools getting to Supers it's hard to watch.  Tech quietly moves on.  Looking forward to the next round.

They did the same thing last year...then Oregon State won. I was like, "oh did Oregon State play in this tournament? I had no idea."

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They did the same thing last year...then Oregon State won. I was like, "oh did Oregon State play in this tournament? I had no idea."

Yes, ESPN is going to have such a hard on for both Ole Miss v Miss St and LSU v Fla St you will forget about all the other games.

And they needed to just leave that 4 way split screen up all day rotating through games.  Instead they go to a game that is showing on another ESPN channel.  

Edited by Moby Ric

40 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Yes, ESPN is going to have such a hard on for both Ole Miss v Miss St and LSU v Fla St you will forget about all the other games.

And they needed to just leave that 4 way split screen up all day rotating through games.  Instead they go to a game that is showing on another ESPN channel.  

ole miss is playing arkansas.  miss state is playing the fresno-stanford winner.

How are the arms going to be for the Pokes today? Not gonna lie I'd rather play UCONN.

Our staff in deeper than UConn’s, so we should at least be on equal footing with them. You might get your wish. They’ve played the best of all the teams in OKC for sure. We just need to try to scratch out a win and get the hell out of there. Easier said than done.

25 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I have decided that the most idiotic common strategy in baseball is issuing an IBB to load the bases.  Especially when you have a freshman reliever pitching. 

One takeaway I have from these games so far is the noticeable lack of control from most college pitchers.  Hitting their spots seems like a game of chance, not skill.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

ESPN is so busy foaming at the mouth over the secsecsec schools getting to Supers it's hard to watch.  Tech quietly moves on.  Looking forward to the next round.

SEC had more teams lose out this weekend than any other conference, right?

Yeah inbred fucked up cult teams!

3 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

If a team's entire run to the CWS is only aired on espn 3 (i.e. online) did it even happen?  This is a philosophical question, of course. 

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

How are the arms going to be for the Pokes today? Not gonna lie I'd rather play UCONN.

UConn's hit totals this regional:

19 against Neby (in a loss)

17 against Harvard

22 agaisnt Neby in rematch (won this time)

8 against OSU

You may get your wish, but be careful what you wish for. They have two batters I think averaging over .500 for the regional. And their closer is apparently a top 10 MLB'er who struck out all 7 of our batters he faced. I actually think you have a better chance against OSU, considering you already swept us this season in Lubbock.

Edited by 'stache

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

UConn's hit totals this regional:

19 against Neby (in a loss)

17 against Harvard

22 agaisnt Neby in rematch (won this time)

8 against OSU

You may get your wish, but be careful what you wish for. They have two batters I think averaging over .500 for the regional. And their closer is apparently a top 10 MLB'er who struck out all 7 of our batters he faced. I actually think you have a better chance against OSU, considering you already swept us this season in Lubbock.

Not guaranteeing it, by any means, but I think Tech can handle either team.

Yeah but couldn’t that also because there were a shitload of SEC teams playing? Either way, let ESPN juggle the conference’s ball on their throats, I just care about one school in the conference, mine. And I’m pretty certain that’s the mutual feeling among the rest of the the SEC posters on this board.

Yeah but couldn’t that also because there were a shitload of SEC teams playing? Either way, let ESPN juggle the conference’s ball on their throats, I just care about one school in the conference, mine. And I’m pretty certain that’s the mutual feeling among the rest of the the SEC posters on this board.

12 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Look I have nothing against the SEC schools themselves...well most of them anyway. My issue is just the stupid narrative built around them and the impact it is having on College Sports. It seems like a bizarrely suicidal effort to regionalize college sports and decrease interest across the country. I do not understand it at all.

Also there are stupid impacts like 6th place teams getting regional hosts over champions. Every single team in a conference getting into the softball tournament. I mean at some point these selection committees have to require the SEC schools to win and be excellent, not hail their participation trophies. Spread the wealth a bit to the other leagues, give the rest of us a reason to care. Why destroy your own sport? I don't get it.

None of that is necessarily the SEC's fault, or the specific schools. I mean many of them are actually excellent.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 8

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

I still like this team, but our hitting has to improve to make a run. So many whiffs and stranded runners. Holding U Conn to 5 is pretty good with the hitting streak they’re on, but 2 runs and 7 straight K’s to close (even against a future MLB’er) just won’t cut it. Sad whimper after last nights theatrics. I think our batting woes catch up with us tomorrow, and even if we can pull it out, supers are going to be rough. Prove me wrong Pokes, please.

This is exactly how I feel.

IF we even advance and get to Lubbock, we'll need an absolute gem from Jensen Elliot in game one then hope for some magic in games 2 or 3.  

UConn really worries me.  We have a tendency to hang around and then come back at the end of games.... that shit won't work against UConn and their stud closer.  We need to jump on these fools early and play with a lead.

2 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Yeah, when you weigh in, you have a bit more ( a shit ton) credibility than most. I don’t have a beef with you yellin for your school, or the LSu guys on here, or MSU Dawg.  That fandom is legit.

My shot was more at the ‘ Look how powerful the SEC is!’ Meatheads.   Well, when it’s over, no conference will have more losers from the tournament than SEC, if they want to bang on that ‘We’re dominating the playoffs’ drum.

edit: same sentiment as Valmy above.

Edited by slorch

Draft,  6PM,  tonight,  mlb network or mlb.com.    (posting here between games since other threads are dormant)

Several B12 players projected for Day 1:

Baty (Texas signee),  Jung (Tech)  Lodolo (TCU) Manoah (WVU)  Langeliers (Baylor) Witt (OU signee)

Glad to see things worked for Lodolo.    Reports were he turned down 1.7 mil after high school.

Yeah, when you weigh in, you have a bit more ( a shit ton) credibility than most. I don’t have a beef with you yellin for your school, or the LSu guys on here, or MSU Dawg.  That fandom is legit. My shot was more at the ‘ Look how powerful the SEC is!’ Meatheads.   Well, when it’s over, no conference will have more losers from the tournament than SEC, if they want to bang on that ‘We’re dominating the playoffs’ drum.

edit: same sentiment as Valmy above.

I get it. I guess I’m basically saying don’t blame the conference, blame the network. SEC blowhards, and trust me there are plenty (aggy making up the bulk), paint a shitty picture of the majority of us who are fans of our school, and could give fuck one about the conference. I completely agree that ESPN really has an almost Madden/Brett Favre type of obsession with the conference, and it’s borderline creepy.

I feel like I repeat myself a lot when it comes to this subject, but it’s frustrating to be on the business end of the nation’s ridicule because ESPN sucks the SEC’s figurative dick like their plane was going down, let’s the conference shoot its load all over the network’s face, smiles into the camera at the nation, and says, “my, what a lovely tea party”.

This is exactly how I feel.

IF we even advance and get to Lubbock, we'll need an absolute gem from Jensen Elliot in game one then hope for some magic in games 2 or 3.  

UConn really worries me.  We have a tendency to hang around and then come back at the end of games.... that shit won't work against UConn and their stud closer.  We need to jump on these fools early and play with a lead.

This is our hope. Somehow beat these Yankee mashers, hope Elliot throws a one hitter in the SR, and then hope for ... something? It’s the crazy time of year. Maybe we’ll get some of that crazy.

2 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Ya think? I think it’s 2 outs. He didn’t tag up.

No shit. If he thought it was a dropped ball, he has to haul ass to 2nd to avoid the force out. 

You’re right, but I disagree.  

Maybe I have too much NFL ‘what is a catch’ in my brain. 

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

I can’t complain. Ump called it a catch. Kind of confusing but thems the beaks.

Yep.  I just don’t know what the runner was supposed to do, judgment wise when he sees the ball pop out. He was headed back to first.

2 hours ago, torre said:

Draft,  6PM,  tonight,  mlb network or mlb.com.    (posting here between games since other threads are dormant)

Several B12 players projected for Day 1:

Baty (Texas signee),  Jung (Tech)  Lodolo (TCU) Manoah (WVU)  Langeliers (Baylor) Witt (OU signee)

Glad to see things worked for Lodolo.    Reports were he turned down 1.7 mil after high school.

Witt #2 to KC, Lodolo #7 to Col.