Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

Stop being a walking talking posting cliche. 

You could read 5 of this dude's posts and know exactly who and what he is. Pull yourself up by the boot straps. Welfare queens. The NBA was better in the 80s. Terrible Facebook memes. Nurses play cards at work. Thinks California is a third world country. Etc  Just a walking trash bin of proud ignorance.

Student loan debt is probably the biggest scam the government has allowed its own people to suffer, particularly the millenials. It’s now way bigger than credit card and auto loan debit. It’s fucking insane and the trumps and devos’s of the world are responsible for it. 

I say discharge it all and fuck the lenders right straight up the ass. It’s now harming the economy, preventing spending on many other things, and and fucking over all of us. 

Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered. The student loan companies and companies dependent on them got to be hogs. Fuck them. Just eliminate it and let them bitch in court where they will lose.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
13 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:
Bank bailouts, auto bailouts, trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich, corps playing zero in taxes but this bothers you? GTFOH

You're right but he will never address this in a serious way

Republicans have really done a great job pitting working people against each other. Seriously, Trump could add 1 trillion dollars to the military industrial complex tomorrow and there wouldn't be a peep from these posters. 

I know everyone loves to hate on the current generation, but the facts are we fought two wars, came home to the bankers crashing the economy and at the same time have to deal with automation and globalization transforming the job market. It's about time something bold like this be done for the working people of this generation.  

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You could read 5 of this dude's posts and know exactly who and what he is. Pull yourself up by the boot straps. Welfare queens. The NBA was better in the 80s. Terrible Facebook memes. Nurses play cards at work. Thinks California is a third world country. Etc

Just a walking trash bin of ignorance.

To be fair the dude probably lives in Eastern Europe and is being paid to post his bullshit.  Or he’s an aggy. Hard to tell the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

To be fair the dude probably lives in Eastern Europe and is being paid to post his bullshit.  Or he’s an aggy. Hard to tell the difference. 
He's too authentic to be eastern Euro.

Liberally uses the word "thug"

Says "I don't discriminate against any race. A trashy white person is white trash, a trashy black person is a (you know). I don't see the problem"

31 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
33 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:
Bank bailouts, auto bailouts, trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich, corps playing zero in taxes but this bothers you? GTFOH

You're right but he will never address this in a serious way

Bank and auto bailouts are fucking terrible too, and I said as much on tos when they occurred.  People should be held accountable for bad decisions, be it a bank,  auto, or dumbasses who major in history or journalism and complain about making $50k a year.

is that serious enough for you Brad?

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You could read 5 of this dude's posts and know exactly who and what he is. Pull yourself up by the boot straps. Welfare queens. The NBA was better in the 80s. Terrible Facebook memes. Nurses play cards at work. Thinks California is a third world country. Etc  Just a walking trash bin of proud ignorance.

Congratulations you can read posting history. Would you like a trophy? 

But of course, you are the bastion of intelligence and correct opinions. Please continue on with your circle jerk. 

39 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

How is taking a student loan a bad decision? It's one of the very few paths to upward social mobility for people who didn't grow up privileged and aren't a Wunderkind of some kind.

I'm not a big fan of this policy but your ability to be both wrong and an asshole about everything is astounding.

Taking student loans isn’t the problem. Student loans should be reasonably available for everyone.  Taking them to study liberal arts degrees and bitching and moaning when you can’t buy a house and new car out of college when you make $50k a year is a problem. 

Nobody forced these kids to take student loans.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Congratulations you can read posting history. Would you like a trophy? 
But of course, you are the bastion of intelligence and correct opinions. Please continue on with your circle jerk. 
Haha. I didn't read your post history at all. I just know lots of people like you.

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Taking student loans isn’t the problem. Student loans should be reasonably available for everyone.  Taking them to study liberal arts degrees and bitching and moaning when you can’t buy a house and new car out of college when you make $50k a year is a problem. 

You are a walking boomer facebook meme, did you actually graduate from UT? No one forced these kids to take loans, except for the market that dictates if you want to have a decent high paying career then you need a college education.

• Like 3

I don't necessarily disagree that some people make stupid decisions re:their major. But lots of people make smart decisions with their major, and are beaten up financially for 20 years regardless.

Political discourse should rise above generalization.

Ooh I have another one I know you say. "The world needs ditch diggers too!"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tucker said:

Why does it bother you, seriously 

Because I and many others were responsible and made intelligent decisions regarding student loans and degrees that resulted in a lifelong career that can pay back those student loans, oftentimes quicker than required because we lived at or below our means.

I don’t want to foot the bill for some dipshit to live lavishly in college while pursuing a history degree with no plan on how to pay back those loans.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Watching her CNN town hall.

She's so fucking good.

Anyone who thinks this woman is not compelling is just wrong. I know it's subjective, but I don't care, you're fucking wrong. She's smart, she's real, she's just awesome.

100% would be the best president out of this entire clown circus train.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

You are a walking boomer facebook meme, did you actually graduate from UT? No one forced these kids to take loans, except for the market that dictates if you want to have a decent high paying career then you need a college education.

Yes; with a degree that actually gets the bills and student loans paid ahead of schedule. 

If they got a worthwhile degree from a decent university and still don’t make enough to pay back their loans then speaks to general dumbassery or lack of effort. Neither of which are my problem.

There are also plenty of successful hardworking individuals who didn’t go to a 4 year university. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Enchubben said:

Yes; with a degree that actually gets the bills and student loans paid ahead of schedule. 

If they got a worthwhile degree from a decent university and still don’t make enough to pay back their loans then speaks to general dumbassery or lack of effort. Neither of which are my problem.

There are also plenty of successful hardworking individuals who didn’t go to a 4 year university. 

Literally there is no way someone could get a STEM degree and wind up in bad financial debt that sets them back several years because, oh I don't know there may be a freaking recession when they graduate?

The bolded, fuck yes, this is my favorite. Suggestions to go to trade school from people who didn't go to trade school. How about this, kids can go to trade school when we roll back every single anti-union measure that was passed since the god awful Reagan administration. We require companies to give board seats to the union (this is what is practice in Germany) and mandate large companies offer paid apprenticeships if they're the ones complaining about not enough skilled labor.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I don't necessarily disagree that some people make stupid decisions re:their major. But lots of people make smart decisions with their major, and are beaten up financially for 20 years regardless.

Political discourse should rise above generalization.

Ooh I have another one I know you say. "The world needs ditch diggers too!"

If they are beaten up financially with minimum payments for student loans then they likely didn’t make smart decisions or aren’t highly motivated.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Seriously guys we could have a super smart, tough, and kind-hearted grandma for president. Wouldn't that be awesome?

HELL NO! I'LL NEVER VOTE FOR POCAHONTAS DUR DUR DUR!

Seriously though she is Bernie with a plan. I'm going down with the ship for her. ~250 years without a woman president is a disgrace for the supposed greatest country in the world. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

If they are beaten up financially with minimum payments for student loans then they likely didn’t make smart decisions or aren’t highly motivated.

There are people who made wise decisions to go into very stable, long-term fields, that don't pay salaries like whichever fields you think are acceptable to get a degree in. Most of those fields require a degree.

Which of "didn't make smart decisions" or "aren't highly motivated" would you call a teacher who got a student loan to get a degree and makes 60k/year working 50+ hours a week? Or a nurse or Dental Assistant or occupational therapist or a police officer? $400/month is nothing to scoff at when you make $60,000 annually.

Could you go ahead and tell me which bucket of your two the above professions fall?

Edited by BradInATX

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Literally there is no way someone could get a STEM degree and wind up in bad financial debt that sets them back several years because, oh I don't know there may be a freaking recession when they graduate?

The bolded, fuck yes, this is my favorite. Suggestions to go to trade school from people who didn't go to trade school. How about this, kids can go to trade school when we roll back every single anti-union measure that was passed since the god awful Reagan administration. We require companies to give board seats to the union (this is what is practice in Germany) and mandate large companies offer paid apprenticeships if they're the ones complaining about not enough skilled labor.

Plenty of people are hurt by a recession. Should we pay off mortgages and credit card debts for those people that didn’t take out student loans? What makes the recent graduates more important that let’s say a family with young kids?

Just now, Enchubben said:

Plenty of people are hurt by a recession. Should we pay off mortgages and credit card debts for those people that didn’t take out student loans? What makes the recent graduates more important that let’s say a family with young kids?

Uhh, fuck yes those people should be helped as well. Are you Ben Shapiro? His tiny ass just made the same point earlier and gee everyone had the same response.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

There are people who made wise decisions to go into very stable, long-term fields, that don't pay salaries like whichever fields you think are acceptable to get a degree in. Most of those fields require a degree.

Which of "didn't make smart decisions" or "aren't highly motivated" would you call a teacher who got a student loan to get a degree and makes 60k/year working 50+ hours a week? Or a nurse or Dental Assistant or occupational therapist or a police officer? $400/month is nothing to scoff at when you make $60,000 annually.

Could you go ahead and tell me which bucket of your two the above professions fall?

I can tell you that you don’t need a 4 year degree from a highly accredited expensive university to become a police officer, nurse or dental assistant for one. 

$400 a month with $60K is nothing to scoff at but is easily done for those that can do a simple budget and live within their means. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Because I and many others were responsible and made intelligent decisions regarding student loans and degrees that resulted in a lifelong career that can pay back those student loans, oftentimes quicker than required because we lived at or below our means.
I don’t want to foot the bill for some dipshit to live lavishly in college while pursuing a history degree with no plan on how to pay back those loans.

The data shows this is factually inaccurate. Most people have to take out loans because of the lack affordability in college not bad decisions. Even with good decisions, these kids are in debt and can’t progress in life.

You are creating a straw man that isn’t the issue.

Look up Lambda School for why people are trying to find how to get training for high paying jobs.
  • Like 2

Just now, happyfunball said:

The data shows this is factually inaccurate. Most people have to take out loans because of the lack affordability in college not bad decisions. Even with good decisions, these kids are in debt and can’t progress in life.

You are creating a straw man that isn’t the issue.

Look up Lambda School for why people are trying to find how to get training for high paying jobs.

Now we’re getting somewhere. It sounds like we should be targeting higher education for cost cutting and lower cost of living. I don’t have a problem with that.

But that doesn’t sound as enticing as FREE HANDOUTS, COME AND GET IT!!! And I’m sure doesn’t get nearly the same amount of    traction with young voters. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

I'd suggest donating something to her if you haven't and like her. She's not getting Bernie donation numbers from small donors and is intentionally not hosing big donor dinners and it's likely hurting her. I'm going to throw another $20 after this townhall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GSU&UT said:

I'd suggest donating something to her if you haven't and like her. She's not getting Bernie donation numbers from small donors and is intentionally not hosing big donor dinners and it's likely hurting her. I'm going to throw another $20 after this townhall.

Done

• Like 2

Why does it bother you, seriously 

Changing the rules retroactively is not a common occurrence. Students incurred debt under the rules that existed. I’ve paid my debt every penny, and at the same time special interests make me mad and the banks changed the rules and pulled the rug out from under students. That’s why I think everyone should pay but the rate should be subsidized and you should have until retirement that’s closer to what the deal was before special interests mucked it up etc but it doesn’t doll out freebies.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Bank and auto bailouts are fucking terrible too, and I said as much on tos when they occurred.  People should be held accountable for bad decisions, be it a bank,  auto, or dumbasses who major in history or journalism and complain about making $50k a year.

is that serious enough for you Brad?

Yea we certainly don’t need historians or journalists. No value to society at all there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I’ve paid my debt every penny

So when evening was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny. And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house, Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good? So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, troph said:

Changing the rules retroactively is not a common occurrence. Students incurred debt under the rules that existed. I’ve paid my debt every penny, and at the same time special interests make me mad and the banks changed the rules and pulled the rug out from under students. That’s why I think everyone should pay but the rate should be subsidized and you should have until retirement that’s closer to what the deal was before special interests mucked it up etc but it doesn’t doll out freebies.

This makes a lot of sense.  The other really big issue is the cost of higher education. It has gotten totally insane even compared to when I started.  And ludicrous speed since my parents went to school. Lots of factors involved, but the solution should be multifold. Addressing financing and education inflation and provide options for those who could be working in fields that dont require a 4 year degree. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

No, but we should at least let student loans be forgiven through bankruptcy like mortgages and credit cards. That seems fair.

• Like 1

I love Senator Warren, and thought she did great in the town hall. 

That being said, I wish that she had directly answered the question regarding her early narrative about her heritage rather than deflecting to her larger philosophy and mission.

It's a non-issue, but it's going to continue to be in people's minds until it's firmly put to bed. 

Edited by NWBuck

So when evening was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny. And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house, Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good? So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen...

You do realize this parable though it uses monetary symbolism - even the word “penny” in some translations - isn’t about government forgiveness of student loans but the mercy of God? It’s about salvation and forgiveness of sin such that all men receive the same measure even if their wrong doing or their good works aren’t the same.

Misusing scripture isn’t cool.

We have enough of that with Republicans, we don’t need to do it on our side of the fence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

You do realize this parable though it uses monetary symbolism - even the word “penny” in some translations - isn’t about government forgiveness of student loans but the mercy of God? It’s about salvation and forgiveness of sin such that all men receive the same measure even if their wrong doing or their good works aren’t the same.

Misusing scripture isn’t cool.

We have enough of that with Republicans, we don’t need to do it on our side of the fence.

My initial thought was that a reference to the Jewish Jubilee debt cancellation system might make a better Biblical reference if he wanted to go there. 

• Like 2

My initial thought was that a reference to the Jewish Jubilee debt cancellation system might make a better Biblical reference if he wanted to go there. 

I’m not sure I appreciate your help here BUT if we go there I suppose we might not be talking about $50k cut offs for who gets to partake. In which case gimme the free stuff and give it to everyone!!

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m not sure I appreciate your help here BUT if we go there I suppose we might not be talking about $50k cut offs for who gets to partake. In which case gimme the free stuff and give it to everyone!!

My understanding of Jubilee, all debts are released on a 50 year cycle. Also property and slaves and stuff.  

1 hour ago, NWBuck said:

I love Senator Warren, and thought she did great in the town hall. 

That being said, I wish that she had directly answered the question regarding her early narrative about her heritage rather than deflecting to her larger philosophy and mission.

It's a non-issue, but it's going to continue to be in people's minds until it's firmly put to bed. 

Bury the hatchet, so to speak?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1