Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

It’s a really hard sell but Warren is selling exactly what the middle America Trump voters are looking for.  Someone beholden to no one that will break up the stranglehold the corporate oligarchs have on the federal government.  She is selling the vengeance Trump isn’t delivering.  I don’t know if the Trump voters can see it but it is there if they take an honest look.

• Like 4

It’s a really hard sell but Warren is selling exactly what the middle America Trump voters are looking for.  Someone beholden to no one that will break up the stranglehold the corporate oligarchs have on the federal government.  She is selling the vengeance Trump isn’t delivering.  I don’t know if the Trump voters can see it but it is there if they take an honest look.

That is why I scoff at people that say she or Bernie aren't electable. As if a fiery economic populist isn't exactly what many of those rust belt voters are looking for. It was a major part of Trump's appeal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

lol at you being too stupid to read what she said.

lol like CNN and the other major cable news outlets don't also provide a megaphone for racists and conspiracists.  If that really is your litmus test for whether you will appear on a given channel then you probably shouldn't bother running for President.  She's also lying about FNC hurting from declining ad revenue as most of their revenue comes from subscribers.  

Edited by Fozzz

The news channel is a "hate-for-profit racket" that provides "cover," she says, for the very thing she's campaigning against: "corruption that’s rotting our government and hollowing out our middle class."

She makes it sound like Fox is a branch of the Democrat Party.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

The news channel is a "hate-for-profit racket" that provides "cover," she says, for the very thing she's campaigning against: "corruption that’s rotting our government and hollowing out our middle class."

You're projecting.

7 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

5dgJWhzRnCZ1I8vi1kkG6JIS2fQM6RsU0GvDYyp7

• Like 2

Warren is reaching out to Hillary and Bernie people. Her public calls for impeachment and declining to go on Fox will fire up the #Resistance. Her progressive policies have made her an acceptable option for Bernie folks. 

Trump vs. Warren would be a straight up R vs. D voter brawl. No crossings of the aisle with that matchup.  She could definitely win, but holy shit this country would be even more split apart. At the same time, the reality is it's extremely unlikely any D candidate can "unite" the country.  We are so fucked.

Edited by Hank Kingsley

I like Warren's policies, experience, leadership, personality, and pretty much agree with everything she puts out there. But there's just some reason I can't see myself voting for her. I just feel much more comfortable voting for a Biden or a Bernie or a Trump than Warren. I guess it's just a mystery. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I like Warren's policies, experience, leadership, personality, and pretty much agree with everything she puts out there. But there's just some reason I can't see myself voting for her. I just feel much more comfortable voting for a Biden or a Bernie or a Trump than Warren. I guess it's just a mystery. 

Don’t forget Mayor Pete. I really wish I could figure out what I think Warren’s missing.

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Warren is reaching out to Hillary and Bernie people. Her public calls for impeachment and declining to go on Fox will fire up the #Resistance. Her progressive policies have made her an acceptable option for Bernie folks. 

Trump vs. Warren would be a straight up R vs. D voter brawl. No crossings of the aisle with that matchup.  She could definitely win, but holy shit this country would be even more split apart. At the same time, the reality is it's extremely unlikely any D candidate can "unite" the country.  We are so fucked.

Her main problem is that she has that, like Hillary, Jeb Bush, etc., she has that uncanny valley thing going on when she tries to act like, or interact with, normal people.  She may have had a relatively normal upbringing, but she's been ensconced in the elite academic and political worlds for so long that she just can't act like a regular person without it coming off as stilted and weird.  The only people really excited about her or what she has to say are media nerds like Matthew Yglesias, precisely not the kind of people you want to be reaching.  Biden is awful and by far the worst candidate in the field but, even with being in Congress for decades, he has somehow retained the ability to talk to people.  

17 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Her main problem is that she has that, like Hillary, Jeb Bush, etc., she has that uncanny valley thing going on when she tries to act like, or interact with, normal people.  She may have had a relatively normal upbringing, but she's been ensconced in the elite academic and political worlds for so long that she just can't act like a regular person without it coming off as stilted and weird.  The only people really excited about her or what she has to say are media nerds like Matthew Yglesias, precisely not the kind of people you want to be reaching.  Biden is awful and by far the worst candidate in the field but, even with being in Congress for decades, he has somehow retained the ability to talk to people.  

I don’t disagree. But she also might be the only candidate right now that doesn’t piss off some faction of D voters. I’d guess she’s in the top 3 of most people’s lists who are paying attention right now. The question is can she convince people she should be #1.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Could it be gender?

No, because I also don't like Mayor Pete for similarly mysterious reasons. 

It could subconsciously be about gender? Or because she does have that Hillary feel. Idk why maybe age/looks? But if you actually listen to her, she has very well thought out ideas and policies.

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

By golly, I think you cracked the case!

Vincent Laguardia Gambini:  It's dog shit. Dog Shit! That's great! Dog shit, what a clue. Why didn't I think of that? Here's one of me reading. Terrific. I should've asked you along time ago for these pictures. Holy shit, honey, you got it! You did it! The case cracker, me in the shower! I love this! That's it!

12 minutes ago, sachick said:

It could subconsciously be about gender? Or because she does have that Hillary feel. Idk why maybe age/looks? But if you actually listen to her, she has very well thought out ideas and policies.

hahaha

This is pretty much the opposite is what people who have seen her speak say, up to and including crowds of Trumpkins in WV.

8 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This is pretty much the opposite is what people who have seen her speak say, up to and including crowds of Trumpkins in WV.

You think she'll do well in WV? lol. 

This is so lame.

14 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The Arctic hit 86 degrees this week and Warren's frame for this issue is "think of the troops!!" lmao

Maybe you should post the four tweets the expand upon this tweet, including the link to this article that she wrote more fully explaining her argument: https://medium.com/@teamwarren/our-military-can-help-lead-the-fight-in-combating-climate-change-2955003555a3.  

17 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Maybe you should post the four tweets the expand upon this tweet, including the link to this article that she wrote more fully explaining her argument: https://medium.com/@teamwarren/our-military-can-help-lead-the-fight-in-combating-climate-change-2955003555a3.  

Yeah, her thoughts don't occur only in 280 character bursts.

Edited by sachick