Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Like there's a difference between FOX execs and ABC execs.

Liz the woke capitalist is the worst Liz.

That is who she is though to her core.  This is why there is only one acceptable female candidate currently running for the Dem nomination.

tulsi-gabbard-vision.jpg?itok=LX0cROAq

lol yeah i'm sure she's serious about indicting a sitting President and the kind of fallout that would result from something like that.  this isn't all just a stunt aimed to pickup support from credulous #resistance types. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Trump claimed in HIS FUCKING AUTOBIOGRAPHY that his grandparents were Swedish because Jews in New York didn't like doing business with Krauts like his dad after Hitler. And it's not like his origins were lost in the mists of time, like Warren's are. HIS FUCKING GRANDFATHER WAS A DRAFT-DODGING KRAUT!

Once again, every single one of his accusations is a confession, and why Warren hasn't gone on the attack with this is a mystery to me. She could say "I'll quit calling him Swedish Chef when he stops calling me Pocahontas."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Trump claimed in HIS FUCKING AUTOBIOGRAPHY that his grandparents were Swedish because Jews in New York didn't like doing business with Krauts like his dad after Hitler. And it's not like his origins were lost in the mists of time, like Warren's are. HIS FUCKING GRANDFATHER WAS A DRAFT-DODGING KRAUT!

Once again, every single one of his accusations is a confession, and why Warren hasn't gone on the attack with this is a mystery to me. She could say "I'll quit calling him Swedish Chef when he stops calling me Pocahontas."

Warren is done and the sooner that she and the Democrats realize this, the better.  

She will never, ever, ever, get past the Native American thing and it's sad that Kid Charlemagne did a better job of grilling her than anybody in the mainstream media.

5 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

If the thing that keeps Warren from beating Trump is her claim, based upon family history, to be of Native American ancestry, this country may as well light itself on fire and give up on being a part of this world.   

Some of you live in such an insulated bubble I wonder how the hell you get oxygen.

The Republicans will hammer on this issue relentlessly and the media will cover it relentlessly, drowning out everything else.  Long-form 23andMe results leaked in November confirming a total lack of Native American ancestry will swing the election to Trump.

12 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

If the thing that keeps Warren from beating Trump is her claim, based upon family history, to be of Native American ancestry, this country may as well light itself on fire and give up on being a part of this world.  

The way she responded to that line of questioning is telling. You are not going to logic and nuance your way out of that. It was a carbon copy of Hillary. "Here's a really detailed answer as to why my position is defensible". Nope, pivot quickly and cleverly and move on. Was putting Native American an advantage? "Why don't you ask Native Americans who have lived in poverty on reservations for centuries if that's an advantage, and here's my plan to help them". That's how you do it. Not "The Boston Globe wrote an article totally clearing  me!!". That is not going to work. It's playing defense on your heels. Trump will absolutely eat her lunch and have her reeling. She is too nice, and probably too smart to win a debate with him. At least in the minds of those Obama->Trump voters in the midwest that will decide this thing.

I like her a lot, but of the top 8 candidates, she is the most likely to lose to Trump. He'd be the favorite going in.

I agree with your assertion. But just as much of a problem is her ability to handle those types of attacks, which will come from a firehose in the general.

Edited by BradInATX

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The Republicans will hammer on this issue relentlessly and the media will cover it relentlessly, drowning out everything else.  Long-form 23andMe results leaked in November confirming a total lack of Native American ancestry will swing the election to Trump.

Then make him prove his Swedishness. Fuck it's like y'all are just ignoring that our president has been caught in a lie! Will wonders never cease?

Mock him as Swedish Chef and this issue becomes a wash. Or a "vosshh," ja?

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

The way she responded to that line of questioning is telling. You are not going to logic and nuance your way out of that. It was a carbon copy of Hillary. "Here's a really detailed answer as to why my position is defensible". Nope, pivot quickly and cleverly and move on. Trump will absolutely eat her lunch and have her on her heels. She is too nice, and probably too smart to win a debate with him. At least in the minds of those Obama->Trump voters in the midwest that will decide this thing.

I like her a lot, but of the top 8 candidates, she is the most likely to lose to Trump. He'd be the favorite going in.

I agree with your assertion. But just as much of a problem is her ability to handle those types of attacks, which will come from a firehose in the general.

Here's the difference between Warren and Hillary -- Warren sincerely believed that she was part Indian, and she is, and that is why she didn't just give up on it.

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Here's the difference between Warren and Hillary -- Warren sincerely believed that she was part Indian, and she is, and that is why she didn't just give up on it.

Be that as it may, it's not going to matter to the voters that matter.

And doing a DNA test that proves she's like 1/10000000th NA then holding a presser like she won.. awful decision making. Trump owned her on that one. She played right into his trap.

In a debate with a dumb smart person up against a smart dumb person, where the judges are midwestern white people, the smart dumb person is going to win every time. 

Edited by BradInATX

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Then make him prove his Swedishness. Fuck it's like y'all are just ignoring that our president has been caught in a lie! Will wonders never cease?

Mock him as Swedish Chef and this issue becomes a wash. Or a "vosshh," ja?

Have you been paying attention the last 4 years?  

Trump is a boor, a liar, an idiot, a probable sexual assaulter, a misogynist, likely racist...and none of it matters to the voters that matter.  Is it fair?  Is it right?  Probably not.  Is it a double standard?  Absolutely.  But it's an imperfect world that we live in and like it or not, there's a level all of those descriptors already "priced in" to Trump. 

The Dems lost in 2016 largely because Hillary was a horrible candidate for the general election - I hope the dems don't make the same mistake in 2020 and put Warren or Bernie up there to get eviscerated by Trump.

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Have you been paying attention the last 4 years?  

Trump is a boor, a liar, an idiot, a probable sexual assaulter, a misogynist, likely racist...and none of it matters to the voters that matter.  Is it fair?  Is it right?  Probably not.  Is it a double standard?  Absolutely.  But it's an imperfect world that we live in and like it or not, there's a level all of those descriptors already "priced in" to Trump. 

The Dems lost in 2016 largely because Hillary was a horrible candidate for the general election - I hope the dems don't make the same mistake in 2020 and put Warren or Bernie up there to get eviscerated by Trump.

Hillary didn't do a good enough job trolling him. As Pelosi is demonstrating, it's a winning tactic. Mock him as Swedish Chef. 

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Be that as it may, it's not going to matter to the voters that matter.

And doing a DNA test that proves she's like 1/10000000th NA then holding a presser like she won.. awful decision making. Trump owned her on that one. She played right into his trap.

I'll reiterate.  If that's what sinks her in a general election versus Trump, this country deserves to fail because its people aren't good enough to succeed.  As Americans, we generally have a certain egoistical view of ourselves as the greatest state the world has ever seen and as deserving of continuing to be the greatest state the world has ever seen without an understanding of how we got to where we are.  If someone who does as much damage to the principles, ideals, and infrastructure that have made us great (we don't need to be made great again) as Trump does is elected because his opponent believed she is of Native American ancestry, then we, as American people, have failed to live up to the duties and obligations we have to protect those principles, ideals, and infrastructure; aren't deserving of being great anymore; and are instead deserving of being resigned to the ash heap of history along with the Roman Empire and the other previously great states that ultimately failed.  

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

On 5/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, troph said:

Jesus Christ why do you ALL fall into the false dichotomy nonsense? I said massive reforms, just not free higher education and full loan forgiveness. I’ve already said costs are too high, banks are screwing borrowers, pell grants and interest subsidies are cut way too far back, rates need to be cut and fixed and costs the actual price for education needs to be reformed. I just think there should be conditions on heavy subsidies and everyone should pay something, not nothing.

How are the banks screwing borrowers of student loans when that is a service that was taken over by the government nearly ten years ago. Her “reforms” are pointless when she refuses to address the reason for the rise in tuition costs. Government involvement. They incentivized colleges to raise prices.

Always treating the symptoms and never the cause. Shockingly Mark Cuban has some great ideas on student loans. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-heres-how-to-fix-the-student-debt-crisis-2015-3

I would like to hear how she intends to keep creating jobs, driving wages up and expand our economy. Actually, I’d like to hear any Democratic candidates ideas on these topics. They don’t seem to have been considered since Obama

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 7:35 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

All the MSM outlets are now reporting on this.   I’m not sure if this was intentional by Warren or not but it’s hilarious that everyone is like, “Why is this a story?”

Amusing thing, she apparently represented Jan Schlictmann (A Civil Action) in his bankruptcy, or part of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

How are the banks screwing borrowers of student loans when that is a service that was taken over by the government nearly ten years ago. Her “reforms” are pointless when she refuses to address the reason for the rise in tuition costs. Government involvement. They incentivized colleges to raise prices.

Always treating the symptoms and never the cause. Shockingly Mark Cuban has some great ideas on student loans. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-heres-how-to-fix-the-student-debt-crisis-2015-3

I would like to hear how she intends to keep creating jobs, driving wages up and expand our economy. Actually, I’d like to hear any Democratic candidates ideas on these topics. They don’t seem to have been considered since Obama

student loans are the most secure loan in America (not dischargable in bankruptcy and are obtained early in life), yet rates are variable and high.  risk / reward is not commensurate with a competitive market.  on top of that costs are crazy high now, far outpacing inflation for years and years.  and the reasons for government subsidies on interest or on grants are known and very compelling yet the federal government continues to decrease these programs.  it's a major issue.

Mark Cuban's plan is stupid, people don't want private loans but the federal government has shrunk government backed lending and allowed lenders to increase lender profits when those loans are backed by the government.  he's nearsighted and not thinking about it from a policy perspective, his answer is shallow and not thoughtful.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, troph said:

student loans are the most secure loan in America (not dischargable in bankruptcy and are obtained early in life), yet rates are variable and high.  risk / reward is not commensurate with a competitive market.  on top of that costs are crazy high now, far outpacing inflation for years and years.  and the reasons for government subsidies on interest or on grants are known and very compelling yet the federal government continues to decrease these programs.  it's a major issue.

Mark Cuban's plan is stupid, people don't want private loans but the federal government has shrunk government backed lending and allowed lenders to increase lender profits when those loans are backed by the government.  he's nearsighted and not thinking about it from a policy perspective, his answer is shallow and not thoughtful.

Once again, basically a tax on the middle class.

34 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Cuban's plan seems to be 'starve the beast' through loan caps. If it shuts down places like Baylor I'm all for it.

where in many instances education is not obtainable because of the needed cash when fed backed loans are not available his plan is stupid bad.

5 hours ago, Fozzz said:

If you blame groups of people rather than structures for the predicament we are in then you are hopelessly lost.  

Groups of people?  Like Mexicans, media, 8, 13, 18 angry democrats, inept intelligence community, rigged investigators, caravans, etc?  Shall we go on?