Euphoria on HBO

babysdaddy

40 minutes ago, seven said:

So many memes for cassie being made after this episode and I love them all. Poor naive ass girl was just trying to be positive and got sold out lmao. 

Other than that, what a brutal episode. Love this show. 

That scene was a 60 second summary of each of those characters:

- Cassie, naive, weak

- Maddie, crazy DGAF

- Kat, second fiddle, beta

- Rue, anything to advance the gettin' high agenda

- Lexi - Stands back and watches

- Lexi/Cassie's Mom - Lax, let's shit happen to be cool mom, including not standing up for daughters (although she did last season)

- Rue's Mom - Confused, trying to take a control of something that is completely beyond hers, or anyone's capabilities. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Laurie and her apt make my skin crawl...

Got my sister to start binging it all a week ago...last night she text "Ahhh the fukin suitcase!"....so I assumed she was caught up.

Is there an episode this week with Super Bowl going on ?

Airs this Sunday as normal. 

Laurie’s character is chilling, for sure. Giving Rue a 10k suitcase of narcotics to purposely sink her in debt to Laurie knowing Rue is an addict. Giving Rue a small escape from dope sickness knowing it won’t last and she’ll be back for more. Lots of grooming for sex trafficking. 

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

the scene where she gently injected morphine into Rue's arm was the most depressing scene I've watched in a very very long time.  Almost made me tear up.  If you've ever had someone close to you go through drug addiction this is a tough watch.

If you watch the scene again, you should notice she isn’t being gentle at all. Laurie does multiple sticks with the needle, twisting and twirling the needle inside. I’m guessing she’s trying to bruise the shit out of her arm. Probably a part of some dark shit Rue is about to go through. We’ll see where they take this but they are on the precipice of Rue getting whore’d out  

It’s easy to not take an addicts outcry’s seriously when they have tracks all over their arm. 

Edited by Constant
  • Hook 'Em 1

so did Rue pass out from the morphine and get taken to another apartment? or did she pass out and all those people showed up at Laurie's later? there wasn't anybody there the night before when Rue showed up...i was kind of confused as to her location, thought for a minute she'd already been whored out at a party somewhere else, but she was still dressed and didn't show any signs (so far).

also, when Rue was screaming at Jules for telling her mom, was i the only one expecting her to whip out some cutting lines about being transgender? i was bracing for it...it's interesting that she didn't in that she didn't seem to pull any punches with her mom, Elliot, and later Cassie. 

Edited by mchookem

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

so did Rue pass out from the morphine and get taken to another apartment? or did she pass out and all those people showed up at Laurie's later? there wasn't anybody there the night before when Rue showed up...i was kind of confused as to her location, thought for a minute she'd already been whored out at a party somewhere else, but she was still dressed and didn't show any signs (so far).

also, when Rue was screaming at Jules for telling her mom, was i the only one expecting her to whip out some cutting lines about being transgender? i was bracing for it...it's interesting that she didn't in that she didn't seem to pull any punches with her mom, Elliot, and later Cassie. 

It was the same apartment. That locked door she was trying to quietly enter was the same from the night before.

This episode was tough. She was like a tornado ripping through every important relationship she has. 

1 hour ago, Constant said:

It was the same apartment. That locked door she was trying to quietly enter was the same from the night before.

This episode was tough. She was like a tornado ripping through every important relationship she has. 

I am expecting that her sponsor guy comes to save her eventually....or serve as some sort of protection from Laurie and her crazies

26 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

I am expecting that her sponsor guy comes to save her eventually....or serve as some sort of protection from Laurie and her crazies

Yeah, kinda expecting a last minute white knight plot device. I doubt they want to go full throttle on sex trafficking. Shits crazy though…they’ve definitely set it up as a possibility. 

After everything went nuclear the last 1.5 episodes, this episode felt relatively tame by Euphoria standards.

I wonder if something is going to happen between Ali and Rue’s mom. I would think Ali is above that, but Rue’s mom was pretty dolled up for dinner and there were a couple of looks between them. That would probably be devastating for Rue.

On 2/14/2022 at 11:12 PM, wild_turkey said:

After everything went nuclear the last 1.5 episodes, this episode felt relatively tame by Euphoria standards.

I wonder if something is going to happen between Ali and Rue’s mom. I would think Ali is above that, but Rue’s mom was pretty dolled up for dinner and there were a couple of looks between them. That would probably be devastating for Rue.

Thought the details you mention somewhat telegraph that is was coming eventually - imp nothing happening yet between the two.  We'll see how it plays out.  I am sure Rue will be super excited and it won't fuck with her sobriety at all.

Am I the only one who was surprised Rue was back home?  I thought for sure she'd be a drug-addled lackey for that old lady in no time.  Didn't think the show would get too dark and involve human trafficking, but certainly thought she'd be stuck in that way of life longer.

3 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

Thought the details you mention somewhat telegraph that is was coming eventually - imp nothing happening yet between the two.  We'll see how it plays out.  I am sure Rue will be super excited and it won't fuck with her sobriety at all.

Am I the only one who was surprised Rue was back home?  I thought for sure she'd be a drug-addled lackey for that old lady in no time.  Didn't think the show would get too dark and involve human trafficking, but certainly thought she'd be stuck in that way of life longer.

Definitely going to be interesting where they take Rue from here. There’s still the 10k suitcase of narcotics floating out there. And that reckoning is still coming.  

I'm still baffled as to why everyone hates Cassie so much.  All she did was fuck with "girl code".  Maddie and Nate were not together.  Nothing really to hide.  Nate is a horrible person so WTF does Maddie care anymore.  Especially after the gun scene.

Also Maddie and the Milf from Friday Night Lights are going to get it on aren't they?

Also anyone saying that Zendaya isn't attractive needs to have their eyes checked.  And While Cassie has an amazing body and tits...that face is not something to be desired.  Not quite a butter face, but not far from it.

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, Drew said:

And While Cassie has an amazing body and tits...that face is not something to be desired.  Not quite a butter face, but not far from it.

Crazy talk, bruh.  Go peep her Cosmo photos recently.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ2GLP2LlfU/

Rankin the chics on the show (not taking into consideration their character)

1. Minka Kelly

2. Minka Kelly

3. Cassie

4. Lexi

5. Rue

6. Maddy

Edited by utxmike05

15 hours ago, Constant said:

Most expensive high school production in history. 

Thats how I know I am getting too old.... that was all I could think about.   well that, and under no fucking circumstances would a HS play ever be allowed to have that much sexual innuendo and drug use in the play. 

I hated the whole fucking episode.  Dont care that it moved the story along.  it was way too fucking artsy 

• Hook 'Em 1

Same, another "artsy" ep that took me a minute to realize if this play was real life, or just some dream/hallucination.....I get what it was trying to do....guess it appeals to high schoolers the way it was done.  They need to move the Fezco stuff along faster....they were building that up a lil too slow in that ep.

I read or heard the showrunners saying that season 1 they were trying to keep a sense of realism to it (until that last scene)...  kids wore clothes that weren't designer, things were relatively grounded, etc. while still showing extreme situations.  But this year, they just decided to shed any semblance of realism. 

So you have to watch this show as kind of a fantastical realism type of a program where the hardest dude in the show is a 12 year old with a face tattoo, the girls dress like they are going to a Vegas club at school, and the school is cool with modern day Spring Awakenings as the school play.  

But if you just want this to be NC-17 version of My So Called Life and find yourself saying "that would never be allowed in high school",  then yeah, the insisting upon itself and affectations will be annoying.  

• Like 1

Just caught up. Didn't hate the episode, I get the point of it, but the premise of the play was stupid. "My life, and you all know the characters so let me spill all their secrets before you seen them at 8:30 in homeroom tomorrow!" Fuck outta here. With a ridiculous budget. 

I hated that they showed so much of big lips. She is tough to look at. I liked the timeline of Fez's day, and how he planned to be there but something happened obviously. I thought it was a good build up. 

Lastly, fuck what y'all talkin bout:

1. Minka Kelly. 2.Cassie. 3. Maddie. 4. Rue. 5. Lexi.

What'd we think of the finale? 

Spoiler

Pros: I was fine with Rue's trajectory and the bit of closure she got this episode, along with Lexi. I was also cool with the message behind Rue finally being easy on herself for losing her dad. Cassie got what was coming, but still leaving the season with zero redeeming qualities (non-physical). 

Cons: Sucks that they introduced the $10k into the season and decided to do nothing with it. Why introduce it halfway through the season and just table it? The Fez/Ashtray scene was a pretty shitty action sequence, imo. I was almost as annoyed by it as I was watching Elliott sing for 3 minutes unimpeded to a girl he did drugs with for a month. I thought somewhere after the 2nd verse they would place a QR code to the dude's spotify page in the corner. Wtf. 

Agreed they kind of left open the whole Laurie thing and missing $10K.  Maybe they could have closed that plot by her sponsor and/or mom return the money or never have actually trashed the drugs.  But I'm sure it leaves open for next season with a Fez - Rue - Laurie triangle.

Ashtray scene was a little too long...mfer chill out...you shot Fez.  Go claim it was self defense, but why go out shooting..?  Good acting though wout saying a word.

Play ending was good stuff.  

Nate with his damn gun and more false build up again as if he is gona use it...hope he still gets his in the end and doesn't just blame daddy for everything.  

I still hate the damn style of directing in this show.  I'm ok with a few flashbacks or parallel storylines as long as it is somewhat clear, but this director has ADD.  It jumps around so much it's annoying and hard to follow.  Just tell the damn story.

• Hook 'Em 1

Didn't enjoy the finale really.  Too many open plot holes left IMHO.  But I did enjoy the girlfriend walking down the hall yelling "kick her ass" a lot.   But then we never got to see how that got resolved.

The scene where she stops yelling to take a hit off her vape pen was pretty funny.
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...