Matrix 4 -- The Matrix Rebooted?

Patrick Bateman

After the reviews I expected to hate it, but upon viewing I merely found it “meh.” I don’t exactly understand why Neo didn’t recreate Morpheus as the same person (Fishburne claimed he would’ve been in it if asked). I didn’t understand why Smith could move faster than Doogie Howser when Neo was in slow mo, or why Smith defaulted to his Matrix Revolutions fail of trying to take over every person’s body. Why didn’t he just continue an unstoppable alliance with Neo against a common enemy and live in that world as a God, or jack-out if he chose to? Then at the ending when they return to the Matrix, Doogie is still alive, presumably all the people are not infected with Smith, and where the fuck did Smith go?

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

After the reviews I expected to hate it, but upon viewing I merely found it “meh.” I don’t exactly understand why Neo didn’t recreate Morpheus as the same person (Fishburne claimed he would’ve been in it if asked). I didn’t understand why Smith could move faster than Doogie Howser when Neo was in slow mo, or why Smith defaulted to his Matrix Revolutions fail of trying to take over every person’s body. Why didn’t he just continue an unstoppable alliance with Neo against a common enemy and live in that world as a God, or jack-out if he chose to? Then at the ending when they return to the Matrix, Doogie is still alive, presumably all the people are not infected with Smith, and where the fuck did Smith go?

i have the same questions in the other thread. smith threatened to ruin the matrix in the last version, hence the machines agreeing to a truce if neo would fight smith and allow him to take over neo and then let the architect destroy both, saving both the matrix/machines and truce with the humans. in this movie, smith is set free and again able to reproduce at will which would again destroy the matrix. sooooo....how did the ending happen? did smith all the sudden get a heart?

I watched it.  I enjoyed some scenes/aspects of the story.  I was disappointed with some scenes/aspects of the story.  Overall, I'm a bit conflicted in deciding if I enjoyed it.  It seems to me they could have tightened that up a bit and filled in some of the more glaring plot holes.  It feels like that conversation at the beginning where boss man is telling Thomas the studio is going to make Matrix 4 with or without him might have been a wink wink jab explaining the ridiculousness of the instant movie.

Edited by bernorange

I don’t know if it is because I was watching from home and had minor distractions and not theater quality sound, but i had trouble following the first 5-10 minutes with Morpheus 2.0. 

Had a much lighter and cleaner feel to it than the original, darker due the video game part of it. Granted, it was supposed to be slightly horror inducing since it looped and showed him trapped, potentially going crazy. 

Im guessing Smith was there because he is part of Neo now?  Does he leave when Neo leaves?  Somewhat interesting to think about. Although it seems like he should be attempting to destroy everything when Neo is there 

Borrowing this from the other thread I posted in.

It’s fine as a special effects driven action movie but the matrix it is not.

Also I had issues with most of the fight sequences. One of the great things about the original and that continued through the 2 &3 was that fight scenes were well choreographed and well shot so that you could always see the quality of the martial arts. That is not the case in this movie and is a large part of why this feels like any generic action movie.