Kermit

San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

On 6/8/2020 at 10:07 PM, Kermit said:

We already made the lottery. Everyone is locked into their positions.

Are you sure? I thought I read that if a team does make the playoffs, they won't be in the lottery. Not that the Spurs are going to do that, but still.

6 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Are you sure? I thought I read that if a team does make the playoffs, they won't be in the lottery. Not that the Spurs are going to do that, but still.

Nah. They wanted to incentivize winning. We’re in the lottery.

Yeah, I miss the days when that would mean something to me. I haven’t watched The Finals in 6 years now and won’t for the foreseeable future.

On 5/25/2020 at 12:55 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Memorable moments dot past Spurs-Blazers series - ExpressNews.com

Camera angles are crazy things.  From that one it looks like Ninja got stuffed on the shot.

Wow...that’s a powerful statement for him to make. Just from seeing his posts here and on the SA Spurs fan groups on Facebook, Lonnie seems like a pretty damn good person. I sure would like to see him get more playing time as well. He’s a really easy person to cheer for.

Amazing story about Lonnie.  Salute to him for getting to a point where he feels he doesn't need his hair to mask his pain and to have the strength to talk about his trauma.  Hope for happiness as a player and person.

Seems to have a good sense of humor about the hair.

Man... how can you not root for Lonnie Walker? This team seems destined to bottom out in the next year or so, I just hope he makes it through to the other side.

I still remember hearing that the Spurs had won that lottery. I was driving down I35 coming back from San Marcos and couldn’t believe it. We’ve been in the lottery 3 times and we’ve gotten David Robison (1st), Sean Elliott (3rd), and Tim Duncan (1st).

On 6/25/2020 at 7:44 PM, LTtxfan said:

This will always give me the feels.