pepper brooks

2020 Little League Thread of Dominance

42 minutes ago, ballrific said:

our local league had 3 kids test positive for covid and they're not pausing/stopping the season, full speed ahead.  Basically just got a message saying "be sure to social distance". nice

That's reasonable. COVID-19 ain't killing the kids. 

8 hours ago, jkates said:

That's reasonable. COVID-19 ain't killing the kids. 

The kids have parents and grandparents and many kiddos don’t live by themselves. 

Was the only 11u team in a tourney of 12u. Lost all 3, the last two were last at-bat walk offs. 10-6, 1-0, and 7-6.  But, playing better teams than you has a purpose. 

Barbers hill little league for spring is cancelled now due to a parent from a team testing positive. Sick of this covid19 BS.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back from camping vacay and first game for my boys. 10u - he was a total mind over matter today. catched a helluv an inning. Held a runner on second for multiple pitches despite some tough pitches. Caught the ball and presented ready to throw to third. A solid sense of where the runners are. Not sure how you teach that. Anyway, he struggled collapsing down some on the balls in the dirt and on lateral movement with wild pitches and let two runners score but that happens. He at least threw his helmet off and got to the ball. Gonna work on lateral movement, flipping his glove on dirt balls, and framing the pitch this weekend. Bad at the plate but some solid swings. 12u - he’s almost done with baseball, we arrived late from CO, 12:30am and he didn’t want to play but we sucked it up and made it. Down one run middle of the game, one out no one one, nothing happening in this inning yet, he drove it up the middle on an 0-2 pitch. Ended up 5 running that inning after my boy started the rally. God I missed baseball. When they are done I may just have to buddy up with a guy and coach the coachless scrubs.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:44 PM, troph said:

Anyway, he struggled collapsing down some on the balls in the dirt and on lateral movement with wild pitches and let two runners score but that happens. He at least threw his helmet off and got to the ball. Gonna work on lateral movement, flipping his glove on dirt balls, and framing the pitch this weekend. Bad at the plate but some solid swings.

I've probably mentioned them before but when things get back to normal get your kids to one of these camps by these guys.

I've probably mentioned them before but when things get back to normal get your kids to one of these camps by these guys.

Just watched that video with him. Working to get that boy engaged on blocking the trash balls. Once he realizes blocking the wild pitch is a big deal he will catch on. He still thinks runs from a wild pitch are inevitable. I guess in 10U they are.

Posted (edited)

Jesus ... I really missed being out there with the kids ... but Got damn, I had forgotten how much I didn't miss some of these unbelievably shittastic umps. Fuck. Me. Absolutely stole a win from us today at Drippin. 

Edited by wood

game week for us!

I've never been more excited to see 4, 5, and 6 year old kids play teeball. lol 

game week for us!
I've never been more excited to see 4, 5, and 6 year old kids play teeball. lol 
Good luck sir. Enjoy the memories

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any of y'all have kids play tournaments at Old Settlers Park/Silver Sluggers Complex in Round Rock? Blue Diamond usually hosts Super Series tournaments at the complex. Its a small organization but is usually made up of quality teams. The rankings are pretty accurate as opposed to USSSA teams that are all over the place.

Anyways, Old Settlers Park was always one of my favorite places to go for tournaments. Well run tournaments with great facilities.