Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

52-A33-AB9-6628-49-BA-84-DC-34857010-FB47.jpg

First Brazilian beer, not bad

I haven’t had one of those in a long time.

When I am in Brazil I usually try to find Eisenbahn or Baden Baden. It used to be pretty hard to find either but getting a little easier. Not sure if they got bought out by anyone. I like Eisenbahn’s various weizen beers.

Last visit I had some Cervejaria Colorado, a pilsen, and I wasn’t a big fan.

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Austin is the domestic pilsner capital, imo. 

word

There are lots of good ones on that list.  I've had many, but not all.  The highly regional ones, from areas I don't really visit, I'll likely never get to taste.

I guess I'll have to drown those sorrows in Pilz and Gold.

18 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah, pilsners are best fresh. That's why I pass on any European pilsners I see in the states. 

Light strike just destroys Pilsner Urquell.  It's alright draught here, but so much tastier in the Czech Republic.  

Modern Times, Abnormal, and Aleworks are the only ones that come to mind. I’m sure there is better too.

Was just there in January and, as you can imagine, there are TONS of great breweries all around. I try to only visit breweries whose beers I can’t get back home so, ignoring obvious ones like Ballast Point, etc, in addition to Modern Times as previously mentioned, I’d also recommend Pizza Port and Pure Project in the immediate San Diego area. There are also tons more if you go into the North County area and/or up NE towards Escondido.

Bar-wise, i would also go by the Toronado before they close for good. I know Hamilton’s and O’Briens are also great bars.