NHL Thread

Bartles

11 hours ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

As a caps fan, I really hope they can finish it in 6.  As a sports fan, this series has been fantastic and deserves to go to a game 7.  The best thing about this outcome is that Tom Wilson will be back in a game 7 or in the opening game of the conference finals.

11 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If it goes to 7 the caps will lose in the most spectacular fashion.  

As much as I would like to see another spectacular Capitals crash I just think this season they are the better team. Penguins had more than enough chances, but couldn't get it done. It will be a very interesting Game 6.

23 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

As much as I would like to see another spectacular Capitals crash I just think this season they are the better team. Penguins had more than enough chances, but couldn't get it done. It will be a very interesting Game 6.

The big difference in this series is goaltending. Both teams have had stretches where they look like the better team. Holtby has been rock solid. Murray has been less than that. It’s going to take him tightening things up a bit or Holtby finally cracking to swing things for the pens. Both of those things are quite possible, but looking unlikely right now. 

Hopefully a win tonight can put some doubt into the caps mind for game 7. 

15 hours ago, heso said:

Vegas moves on with another shutout from Fleury. 

4th of this post season. 3 more puts him in 3rd all time in playoff shutouts behind Brodeur and Roy. 

Wish the Pens held on to him. I know at the time Murray was outplaying him. But goodness, Fleury has rounded into form in Las Vegas.

Ovi finally gets by Crosby in the playoffs and the Caps play in the conference finals for the first time in 20 years. The Bolts will be tough and I’m not sure anyone beats Vegas 

(edit: number of years. It only feels like 30)

Edited by Pig Bellmont

On 5/7/2018 at 10:06 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

Great series  -- Caps/Pens. Better team won this season.

It really was.  Caps are deep on all lines, get Wilson back.

I went to high school in DC so was a big Caps fan and went to more games than I could count.  Went to WVU and most there are Pens fans. Maybe finally a Cup for my Capitals.

Edited by Whitman