C-Man

Corona 2020/Dallas restaurants thread

Couple of points, that teenage crap has been going on non-stop during this whole ordeal. I agree with you, it’s nuts but happening all over. College kids too, many of them don’t give a shit. And that’s why 75225 leads the way in positive cases for the area. Everyone came back from spring break trips and then hung out with all their friends again.

Friend of mine who lives 75225 said neighbor girl in her 30s been having pool parties every day. Lots of cars coming.

On Mi Cocina, they have same setup at the West Village. Lots of orange cones setup to avoid people gathering but like you said, people will do it anyways.

I was smoking wings but tried to go pick up to-go Margs from Lake Highlands MiCo last night.  They indicated TABC told them they had to stop selling them.  I'm sure that is the 'law' but seriously, fuck TABC.  What a worthless organization to presumably threaten restaurants during this.

32 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I was smoking wings but tried to go pick up to-go Margs from Lake Highlands MiCo last night.  They indicated TABC told them they had to stop selling them.  I'm sure that is the 'law' but seriously, fuck TABC.  What a worthless organization to presumably threaten restaurants during this.

Blue goose was advertising to go margs today so I'm not sure what the hell is going on anymore 

35 minutes ago, Skipper said:

2 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Blue goose was advertising to go margs today so I'm not sure what the hell is going on anymore 

Mine last night was a 3 pack frozen kit which consisted of...3 styrofoam cups of virgin margarita slush and a small bottle of tequila.  Rule as I understand it is that the alcohol just has to be 1) sold in its original container and 2) sold with some kind of food, which can just be chips and salsa from what I understand.

3 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Couple of points, that teenage crap has been going on non-stop during this whole ordeal. I agree with you, it’s nuts but happening all over. College kids too, many of them don’t give a shit. And that’s why 75225 leads the way in positive cases for the area. Everyone came back from spring break trips and then hung out with all their friends again.

Friend of mine who lives 75225 said neighbor girl in her 30s been having pool parties every day. Lots of cars coming.

On Mi Cocina, they have same setup at the West Village. Lots of orange cones setup to avoid people gathering but like you said, people will do it anyways.

Address of 30s neighbor girl with pool parties?

16 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Mine last night was a 3 pack frozen kit which consisted of...3 styrofoam cups of virgin margarita slush and a small bottle of tequila.  Rule as I understand it is that the alcohol just has to be 1) sold in its original container and 2) sold with some kind of food, which can just be chips and salsa from what I understand.

Ok.  This makes sense.  And possibly consistent with what they were doing at the Lake Highlands branch.   It still sucks they can't just sell them.   I'm sure there are some degenerates still out there but drinking and driving has to be at an all time low and I can't fathom that allowing take-out drinks is going to move the needle in the current environment.

It wouldn’t shock me if Country Strong Clay Jenkins orders all parks and trails closed tomorrow. Lots of social media posts from Council members talking about how no one is practicing social distancing at White Rock Lake, Katy Trail, and other spots. 

Plugging Taco y Vino.  Great stuff.  Curbside.  You have to put your card in the reader, but otherwise contactless.  6 tacos and a bottle of wine for $30.  $4 appetizer specials.

Emporium pies is also nailing it.  Very careful setup.  And pies!

Trying Stock and Barrell next.

22 hours ago, Landomatic said:

But probably the worst part was that in the 10 or so minutes I was there waiting, I witnessed 2 separate carloads of what appeared to be high school girls who were just hanging out together like it was nothing.  One car had 3 girls and one had 5 and trust me, they weren't all sisters.  And sure as shit, both cars had girls get out on separate occasions.  One to go talk to one of the workers, presumably to check on their order, standing about a foot from the worker for quite a while having a conversation.  The other was the girl in the backseat who needed to get out to lean into the front seat and listen to music and sing and dance with the other 2 girls because she clearly didn't want to feel left out and needed the attention.  What part of social distancing and shelter at home do they not understand?  I'm embarrassed for that generation of continued stupidity with this thing.  And I'm especially embarrassed for their parents.  Where are their fucking parents?

I've been riding my bike over the Rowlett/Rockwall bridge every day, so I see a lot of boats.  95% of those that I see have one or two guys, usually fishing.  The other 5% would be a boat crammed with 8-12 high school-ish aged kids.  

I decided to go all out on Saturday and support my favorite local steakhouse Bob's and wow that was the worst to-go steak I've ever had in my entire life. I'm going to give them a pass because their dine-in experience is amazing but goddamn I've had better steak from Saltgrass.

I think I'm done getting food to go anyway. I really need to take this seriously and just cook from home.

19 hours ago, Skipper said:

From what I understand, restaurants cannot serve opened bottles of spirits and a mixed margarita counts as that. The only way they can legally sell it is by giving you the liquor in a sealed bottle. Stupid as hell and just another reason why the TABC needs to be launched into the sun.

6 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

I decided to go all out on Saturday and support my favorite local steakhouse Bob's and wow that was the worst to-go steak I've ever had in my entire life. I'm going to give them a pass because their dine-in experience is amazing but goddamn I've had better steak from Saltgrass.

I think I'm done getting food to go anyway. I really need to take this seriously and just cook from home.

From what I understand, restaurants cannot serve opened bottles of spirits and a mixed margarita counts as that. The only way they can legally sell it is by giving you the liquor in a sealed bottle. Stupid as hell and just another reason why the TABC needs to be launched into the sun.

I saw a post where Joe T's was selling margaritas in plastic bottles that were sealed. My guess they're pouring from the machine into the plastic bottle, slapping a sticker on it and then putting on the top that has the tamper-proof thing on it.

So if you follow Chef’s Produce Company they’re doing produce drop offs across DFW for $45, $10 of which goes to an emergency fund for hospitality workers in town. They usually do 3-4 spots per day. Today they were at Jose on Lovers. Tomorrow they’re at HG SPLY in Plano and a few other places. I went by Jose today. It’s a lot of food.

012fb6473508fd72edfb7b02e721d52b.jpg

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

So if you follow Chef’s Produce Company they’re doing produce drop offs across DFW for $45, $10 of which goes to an emergency fund for hospitality workers in town. They usually do 3-4 spots per day. Today they were at Jose on Lovers. Tomorrow they’re at HG SPLY in Plano and a few other places. I went by Jose today. It’s a lot of food.

012fb6473508fd72edfb7b02e721d52b.jpg

Hell the rice and eggs alone are worth $45

FYI: as far as I can tell, City of Allen gives no fucks about TABC. Kelly's in the Village gave me two shots of whiskey and a 32 ounce frozen margarita. Both in typical take out cups with blue painters tape over the lid.

@Jameslaw121- got a martini for the wife with my to go order at Roman Cucina last night.  In a clear plastic cup with no tape. No fucks indeed.  Good food btw if you've never been. 

Edited by threesheets

2 minutes ago, threesheets said:

@Jameslaw121- got a martini for the wife with my to go order at Roman Cucina last night.  In a clear plastic cup with no tape. No fucks indeed.  Good food btw if you've never been. 

yeah, we eat there about once a month or so. Good place. Did they let you get a drink while you waited?

Edited by Jameslaw121

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Hell the rice and eggs alone are worth $45

Dammit -- Brian Luscher said he was throwing in packages of Post Oak Red Hots in about a dozen or so of the next boxes bought at Union Bear Brewing.

Supported our local pizza place, Tony's Pizzeria on NW Hwy and Easton. Kids love the pizza, strombolis, and garlic knots. Very weird to walk in there, a place normally packed with people at noon, and it's just the owner, 3 workers, and me. 

Tomorrow, a new brewery opens in Lake Highlands near mdleast called Vector Brewing. Going to grab some to go crowlers. They also do food but I'll just do beers for now. 

Edited by mdmost